GTTinkerer

GT Tinkerer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1564
  • 1,153 Thanks
  • 1,326 posts

Posted May 12, 2012 - 06:42 PM

Probably not the best topic description but.. I am trying to find the correct distance between the lift arms for the JD140H3. Basically just the distance between the lift arm balls for a "standard" implement. I built an adapter so I can use sleeve hitch implements on it but the lift arms are pretty close to the tires. The width I have is 21" between the balls. I know I should have asked earlier but "assumed" I was close.

Also blew it on the trailer ball I used. It is one old those old hollow balls with a carriage bolt to mount it. Who ever installed it before must have used an impact and collapsed it enough that it expanded it to about 2 1/8" instead of the 2" needed to fit the trailers. Since I did not want the bolt to go through the adapter I welded the ball to the adapter.

Seems like the sign I saw in the old family doctor's office 50 years ago saying "The hurrieder I go the behinder I get" was right..

Thanks,
Bill

Edited by GTTinkerer, May 12, 2012 - 06:43 PM.

#2 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,637 Thanks
  • 29,838 posts

Posted May 12, 2012 - 06:54 PM

20" is the cat 0 width, so you're close enough. Looks like you'll be cutting your ball off there!

#3 GTTinkerer OFFLINE  

GTTinkerer

GT Tinkerer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1564
  • 1,153 Thanks
  • 1,326 posts

Posted May 13, 2012 - 08:23 AM

Thanks Daniel.

Found the ASAE standard for the Cat 0 (ASAES320.1 May 19889) and an attached file there shows an adapter.

It says 19 1/2" overall and 16" inside the arms. Believe the Sears Cat 0 is 15 1/2" overall and 13" inside the arms at least that is what the measurements are on the RotoSpade.

Do not remember how I got to the ASAE information though so can't post the link but will scan the page and upload them to the Manuals area.

Bill

Attached Thumbnails

• 2012-05-13 Cat 0.jpg