• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,297 Thanks
  • 28,626 posts

Posted May 13, 2012 - 07:08 AM

Great pictures, thanks for sharing them. And thank your friend for allowing his 1100 to be photographed too.

#17 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,461 Thanks
  • 39,690 posts

Posted May 13, 2012 - 07:12 AM

Great pics, guys. It's cool how similar the look!

#18 ad356 OFFLINE  

ad356

Tractorholic

• Member No: 3766
  • 9 Thanks
  • 160 posts

Posted May 13, 2012 - 07:18 AM

those MF GT's are cooling looking little tractors. i have seen pictures of them but have never seen one in real life.how popular were they and how common are they still today. what is parts avaliability like? i think they use techumseh engines just like the sears suburbans, dont they?

#19 HowardsMF155 ONLINE  

HowardsMF155

Tractorholic

• Member No: 4243
  • 2,699 Thanks
  • 2,916 posts

Posted May 13, 2012 - 08:02 AM

those MF GT's are cooling looking little tractors. i have seen pictures of them but have never seen one in real life.how popular were they and how common are they still today. what is parts avaliability like? i think they use techumseh engines just like the sears suburbans, dont they?

Quite a few were made, at least when considered "in mass". How the MF numbers stack up to other brands of GT's, I don't know. Around North Carolina, it looks like one or two of the old style show up every couple of months. The Tecumseh engine is no longer well supported, though I think if a determined effort was made you could find much of what you need. They seem to be more common farther north. Just depends on where there was a dealer actively selling them so many years ago.

#20 chris m OFFLINE  

chris m

Tractorholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8148
  • 3,277 Thanks
  • 4,033 posts

Posted May 13, 2012 - 10:55 AM

Thanks for the pictures Dan! What awesome machines those are! Is that you sitting on the 1100 smiling from ear to ear? :thumbs:

#21 DanP OFFLINE  

DanP

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 6989
  • 276 Thanks
  • 467 posts

Posted May 13, 2012 - 05:52 PM

Chris, That was the owner of the 100. Richard Jackson from Danville Iowa. I think his father bought that tractor new and never had anything done to it. Richard did the restoration a couple years ago and he had some work done on it but I am not sure what. When I pulled in his drive he came out of the house smiling and never stopped until I left. He was pretty happy to have this done also. He will soon be receiving an 8X10 framed for his wall.
Thanks for all the input from everyone, this was just one of those chances get run into once in a great while.

#22 chris m OFFLINE  

chris m

Tractorholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8148
  • 3,277 Thanks
  • 4,033 posts

Posted May 13, 2012 - 06:01 PM

Yea he seemed happy! Thanks again for the pictures that was great! I really love these MF's Now. The way they are built and the style is awesome. They are like the 57 chevy of GT's.

Edited by chris m, May 13, 2012 - 06:01 PM.

#23 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted May 13, 2012 - 06:18 PM

The pictures are great and those GT's are fairly common up here. Much easier to find than a JD 110 or even a Bolens tube frame for instance. The 10's are probably the most common up here followed by 7/8's and the big boys 14/16 you don't see as often. The big MF farm tractors like that 1100 are a heavy strong looking tractor.

#24 DH1 ONLINE  

DH1

Electric Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62
  • 4,587 Thanks
  • 5,295 posts

Posted May 16, 2012 - 09:22 PM

Great pictures guys big and small tractors same style looks awesome.