#16 Cvans OFFLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 4,469 Thanks
  • 5,004 posts

Posted May 10, 2012 - 09:59 PM

This is just the sort of thing that keeps my blood flowing. Thank you very much for posting about this project. Any particulars that you can post about this running gear and track frame would be much appreciated. Was thinking I might take this winter off from projects but now you have me thinking that could change.
Thanks again.

#17 dave8338 OFFLINE  

dave8338

• Member No: 6698
  • 196 Thanks
  • 374 posts

Posted May 10, 2012 - 10:54 PM

I'll see what I can come up with. He is a private, family man but with a little luck, I hope I can get many more details. I asked him yesterday if he had pics. Maybe tomorrow, I/we can dig into a little more detail. The man can build/fix ANYTHING. True talent, indeed. GREAT person !

#18 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,697 Thanks
  • 8,555 posts

Posted May 11, 2012 - 07:54 AM

That's a very cool project indeed! If he does have to do some dis-assembly to change out the bearings, ask him to take some pics of the bits and pieces! It would be cool if you could "interview" him and write it all down for us addicts :laughingteeth:

Hmm, Dave maybe you could do an article on how he went about building this if you can get enough info.

#19 dave8338 OFFLINE  

dave8338

• Member No: 6698
  • 196 Thanks
  • 374 posts

Posted May 11, 2012 - 08:37 AM

I'll see what I can come up with. On the way through the door this morning, we talked for a minute or two. I inquired a bit more about how the steering works. What he did, was to mount small brake rotors to the drive wheels and the rear diff allows for and up to, a full left or right skid steer.
I mentioned that I would love to see it in person. Bill said he'll bring it in when he is done with it. :dancingbanana:

Not sure what his time frame is and I'm not going to pressure him to finish it on mine... :smilewink:
  • HDWildBill and hatedge have said thanks

#20 hatedge OFFLINE  

hatedge

Beer Guzzling Canuck

• Member No: 9737
  • 292 Thanks
  • 577 posts

Posted May 12, 2012 - 10:48 PM

Awesome, anything with tracks has me pressure rising. Summers just started and Im already anxious for winter again! I own 7 snowmobiles, all antiques/old ones and We get tons o snow here to have fun with them.