• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7087
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted May 10, 2012 - 01:25 PM

About a week ago I found a den hole on my neighbors property. I haven't seen the animal its self but I know the hole was recently made as its in a narrow passage and I step over that spot very often. Some of these methods do seem kinda inhumane but if it needs to be done then I completely see it from your point of view.

A few years ago I went to put my dog outside and one ran by. I had accidentally hooked the rope to a key ring for his rabies tag and not the choke-collor, good thing too, when he ran after it the rope grabbed and straightened the key ring out! He grabbed it and started whipping it around and then we made him drop it and it ran off. We left him outside and a few ours later a few people walked around the corner of the house and saw something half buried under some loose dirt. Yep, stupid thing came back and this time he killed it.

#32 tinner OFFLINE  

tinner

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 961
  • 502 Thanks
  • 1,561 posts

Posted May 10, 2012 - 03:54 PM

I like the idea of DYNOMIIIIIIIITE but the wife and neighbors wouldn't like you too much. Next best toy would be that Rodenator, looked it up and $1345 is a little steep for most of us so I guess that leaves the pellet gun. The Ammonia and Bleach method sounds good too. Sure glad we don't have those little critters around here.

#33 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,218 Thanks
  • 28,589 posts

Posted May 10, 2012 - 04:52 PM

One summer when I was about 12, my dad was bragging up our huskie's ability to hunt them. The neighbor boy said "I'll bet you $20 that I can bring home more than that dog..."

He bagged 40 that summer with his 30-06. And he paid Dad the $20... Our dog Nikki brought home 43... And those are only the ones she brought back to the house.

#34 jpackard56 OFFLINE  

jpackard56

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7225
  • 1,768 Thanks
  • 1,407 posts

Posted May 10, 2012 - 09:51 PM

That would be kinda hard, being she passed on 3 years ago. She quit cooking critters like that when my Uncle Gaines died about 25 years ago. She could cook anything and make your mouth water!

I understand, I lost my neighbor before he could show me his secret(s) for preparing them. Does anybody out in forum land know how to do this, maybe willing to share in the "BBQ" posting area?

#35 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

Ryan313

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7087
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted May 27, 2012 - 02:12 PM

I know this thread has died, but a family friend was over the other night and we happened to start talking about the woodchucks always eating his broccoli. He said that when you are hunting them, and make a loud high pitch wisle like a hawk they stand up. Since they think its a hawk they stand up to make themselves less visible from the sky, but it makes it more visible for people and then you can take a shot at them. He also said he would put broken glass into the holes, that way it would cut up their feet and they wouldn't even finish digging the hole and they wouldn't try to go around it either.