#16 Chuck_050382 OFFLINE  

Chuck_050382

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 32
  • 267 Thanks
  • 1,498 posts

Posted May 22, 2012 - 01:32 PM

Just rode 6 miles on my lunch break, I bought a bike rack so I don't have to use the truck to haul the bikes. My bike is bigger than my car though.
The picture was test fitting it, I put in on with the rack off centered so the bike is centered on the car.IMAG0591.jpg

Edited by Chuck_050382, May 22, 2012 - 01:32 PM.

#17 Chuck_050382 OFFLINE  

Chuck_050382

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • 267 Thanks
  • 1,498 posts

Posted August 21, 2012 - 08:17 AM

I've still be riding a good amount. Trying to build distance up. Satuday my daughter and I took part in a charity fun day ride, we rode the 12 mile course then rode some extra on the bike trail system at the lake for a total for the day of 21 and some change.
Here is a action shot looking back at my daughter
IMAG0758.jpg
one of the bridges on the trail
IMAG0759.jpg
Daphne on the bridge
IMAG0760.jpg

#18 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted August 21, 2012 - 09:23 AM

I've still be riding a good amount. Trying to build distance up. Satuday my daughter and I took part in a charity fun day ride, we rode the 12 mile course then rode some extra on the bike trail system at the lake for a total for the day of 21 and some change.
Here is a action shot looking back at my daughter
IMAG0758.jpg
one of the bridges on the trail
IMAG0759.jpg
Daphne on the bridge
IMAG0760.jpg

Good for you ,Chuck. :thumbs:

#19 jd.rasentrac ONLINE  

jd.rasentrac

Admirer of DEERE enjoyneering and design!

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10327
  • 4,448 Thanks
  • 3,997 posts

Posted August 21, 2012 - 12:33 PM

Last time many people here bought a bicycle with an electro motor. The motor only works, when you're climbing a hill.

If you need a problem, ask our government! And the government always needs money! So next questions are: do you need a licence for the bike, do you need a driving-licence and what class must it be, must you wear a helmet and how much will it cost, if you don't wear (because you must be punished :spanka: )

Do you have the same problems at the States?

Now to Chuck's bike! He can drive without a helmet, but where is the light and the fenders? If the :worshippy1: Bullerei will catch you - you must be punished :laughingteeth: You see, it's a hard live here for bicycledrivers :wave:

#20 Chuck_050382 OFFLINE  

Chuck_050382

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • 267 Thanks
  • 1,498 posts

Posted August 21, 2012 - 01:41 PM

No licence need for the bike or to ride the bike. I am not sure about all states, but I know Illinois requires a special designation to ride a motorcycle with a motor larger than 50cc.

I have started wearing a helmet, I figure since I make the kids wear one I should too. Also I lost a friend this year when her 4 wheeler (atv/quad) hit a deer and she was thrown off hitting her head on the roadway.
  • jd.rasentrac said thank you

#21 Tennblue59 OFFLINE  

Tennblue59

Tractorholic

• Member No: 6000
  • 450 Thanks
  • 522 posts

Posted September 09, 2012 - 01:09 PM

When in Florida, we bike quite a bit. I have a motobicaine fitness hybrid, and am saving up some money to get a nice drop bar road bike. 5-20 mile rides are not unusual. And the area has bike lanes and roads that accomodate bikes.

But that brings up a question. Are the rural roads where you are safe for riding a bike? In Tennessee, the street we live on is ok to ride, but to get anywhere, would have to ride on a feeder road - 2 lane, very narrow shoulders with twists and turns, so limited visibility. And the cars fly on it as well. I haven't got up the nerve to try the 10 miles or so on it to get into town. We can take the bikes places to ride via car, but can't really ride locally much.

#22 marlboro180 OFFLINE  

marlboro180
  • Member No: 10710
  • 634 Thanks
  • 954 posts

Posted September 12, 2012 - 09:54 AM

Chuck- good to see you are still riding:-) Little M and I ride a lot, and I commute daily by bike.

I do, however, cheat a little some days LOL:

Attached Thumbnails

• Zelda and her Little Brother.jpg

#23 Chuck_050382 OFFLINE  

Chuck_050382

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • 267 Thanks
  • 1,498 posts

Posted September 12, 2012 - 03:52 PM

I've been riding a lot lately, and have even rode some with the local club. I put some slick tires on the mountain bike and that made a world of difference. I rode 24.6 miles Saturday morning.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

#24 marlboro180 OFFLINE  

marlboro180
  • 634 Thanks
  • 954 posts

Posted September 12, 2012 - 06:05 PM

Cool, that's a good ride for sure.

Know of any good bike route/ whatever apps? I could use one, I am a knucklehead when it comes to that stuff.

#25 Chuck_050382 OFFLINE  

Chuck_050382

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • 267 Thanks
  • 1,498 posts

Posted September 13, 2012 - 08:05 AM

I use map my ride to log my rides but for finding bike routes I haven't had much luck, there aren't many bike routes around here.

• marlboro180 said thank you

#26 Chuck_050382 OFFLINE  

Chuck_050382

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • 267 Thanks
  • 1,498 posts

Posted September 13, 2012 - 08:13 AM

But that brings up a question. Are the rural roads where you are safe for riding a bike? In Tennessee, the street we live on is ok to ride, but to get anywhere, would have to ride on a feeder road - 2 lane, very narrow shoulders with twists and turns, so limited visibility. And the cars fly on it as well. I haven't got up the nerve to try the 10 miles or so on it to get into town. We can take the bikes places to ride via car, but can't really ride locally much.

The oil and chip I live on is fine to ride on, I ride on the two lane black top roads too, but stay off the state two lanes for the most part. The two lanes I ride have zero shoulders so I ride the edge line the best I can.

They have been adding some bike lanes in town, I rode some of them last week and it was better than just being in traffic, but still a little unnerving.

I am slowly starting a blog about my biking adventures, HTTP://WWW.biking-log.blogspot.com

#27 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,657 Thanks
  • 29,842 posts

Posted September 13, 2012 - 09:47 AM

Chuck, with all the miles you're logging, you surely have dropped several pounds? I would surely think so....I know I would.

#28 Chuck_050382 OFFLINE  

Chuck_050382

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • 267 Thanks
  • 1,498 posts

Posted September 13, 2012 - 10:45 AM

Chuck, with all the miles you're logging, you surely have dropped several pounds? I would surely think so....I know I would.

I feel like I have re-arranged some pounds and I have dropped 10 pounds over the last few months. I've been working on eating better here lately, which I harder than the riding.

#29 jd.rasentrac ONLINE  

jd.rasentrac

Admirer of DEERE enjoyneering and design!

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10327
  • 4,448 Thanks
  • 3,997 posts

Posted September 13, 2012 - 10:52 AM

... and I have dropped 10 pounds over the last few months...

sadly this happens the fewest ones... :mecry:

#30 marlboro180 OFFLINE  

marlboro180
  • 634 Thanks
  • 954 posts

Posted September 14, 2012 - 07:06 AM

Thanks for the Map my Ride info Chuck. I use Endumono for that kind of logging, but find in cumbersome as one has to log in, plan the route, then log it afterwards. Seeing as I ride every day, and largely get around town by bicycle, the logging can be a pain.

Olcow- Yeah , being on a bike drops those pounds. I am in my forties, and am once again my high school weight of 156 ish. :-)