OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 805
  • 6,488 Thanks
  • 4,634 posts

Posted June 30, 2012 - 09:35 PM

I looked at the bid history on every item that he has up for auction, he has the same 'person' bidding on it. Doesn't matter if it's antique chairs, a full size tractor, or a GT.

I'b betting that he has a 2nd account and is using that to bid the price up the the reserve, or if there is no reserve, just bidding it up to a 'hidden reserve'.

Pretty sleezy if you ask me.

#47 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,701 Thanks
  • 17,208 posts

Posted July 01, 2012 - 05:57 AM

Someone should report him to ebay.....

#48 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,319 Thanks
  • 28,636 posts

Posted July 01, 2012 - 09:33 AM

Well, he hasn't replied to my question yet... Must be busy or something.

#49 Newpaws493 OFFLINE  

Newpaws493
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 9454
  • 1,150 Thanks
  • 1,691 posts

Posted July 01, 2012 - 10:57 PM

Well, he hasn't replied to my question yet... Must be busy or something.

This item has ended. Bidders:Posted Image4 Bids:Posted Image12 Time Ended:Posted ImageJul-01-12 19:12:51 PDT
Reserve not met

high bidder...
Member Id: u***i 741Posted Image...

Then...

http://www.ebay.com/...=item231f4852f1
And...

"1941 John Deere b tractor antique."
http://www.ebay.com/...=item257272bb9c
9 bids high bidder ?= Oh my it's none other than... u***iPosted Image 741 :deadhorse:

:toilethead:

Edited by Newpaws493, July 01, 2012 - 10:59 PM.

#50 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,701 Thanks
  • 17,208 posts

Posted July 02, 2012 - 05:30 AM

Its back up for sale again :D http://www.ebay.com/...=item231f4852f1
  • hatedge said thank you

#51 MailmAn OFFLINE  

MailmAn
  • Member No: 10315
  • 292 Thanks
  • 723 posts

Posted July 02, 2012 - 10:07 AM

Its back up for sale again :D http://www.ebay.com/...=item231f4852f1

Yuuuup.... I was just gonna say that... I wonder if someone offered him $250 in REAL money on a REAL bid and not his phantom bidder that isn't real if he'd take it? He's obviously not getting anywhere at the rate he's going pulling shenannigans behind the scenes with it. But it does look like a nice tractor, even without the decals. You can buy all the decals for under $100 to make it look original... Who said the colors aren't right? The brown is probably a bit off, but it is hard to find the 100% original Bolens colors... I'm sure the deck was supposed to be green? It looks good in red though too.

You guys don't think it is honestly worth any more than about $250? Just has me a bit worried that if I dump $300-$400 into my 850 (plus the $150 I paid for it) that there is no way to get the money back out of it if I tried to sell it... Not that I really WANT to sell it right now and I'm looking forward to using it once it finally gets put back together... But just would be nice to know it is worth something more than what I put into it!

FYI - SHAMELESS PLUG TIME!!! http://shop.ebay.com...uryfever/m.html

(Hey, it's "on-topic" as we are talking about eBay sales, right? lol! Maybe someone will find something they're interested in?)

Edited by MailmAn, July 02, 2012 - 10:09 AM.

• hatedge said thank you

#52 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,701 Thanks
  • 17,208 posts

Posted July 02, 2012 - 10:21 AM

Yuuuup.... I was just gonna say that... I wonder if someone offered him $250 in REAL money on a REAL bid and not his phantom bidder that isn't real if he'd take it? He's obviously not getting anywhere at the rate he's going pulling shenannigans behind the scenes with it. But it does look like a nice tractor, even without the decals. You can buy all the decals for under $100 to make it look original... Who said the colors aren't right? The brown is probably a bit off, but it is hard to find the 100% original Bolens colors... I'm sure the deck was supposed to be green? It looks good in red though too.

You guys don't think it is honestly worth any more than about $250? Just has me a bit worried that if I dump $300-$400 into my 850 (plus the $150 I paid for it) that there is no way to get the money back out of it if I tried to sell it... Not that I really WANT to sell it right now and I'm looking forward to using it once it finally gets put back together... But just would be nice to know it is worth something more than what I put into it!

FYI - SHAMELESS PLUG TIME!!! http://shop.ebay.com...uryfever/m.html

(Hey, it's "on-topic" as we are talking about eBay sales, right? lol! Maybe someone will find something they're interested in?)

The 800 he has listed is a 1963 and it should look like this, The 64'-65' were painted brown (cordovan) and white

Attached Thumbnails

• 800 63'.jpg

• hatedge and MailmAn have said thanks

#53 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 12,701 Thanks
  • 17,208 posts

Posted July 02, 2012 - 10:51 AM

You guys don't think it is honestly worth any more than about $250?

At the most I would probably pay around $250-$300 Maximum for that tractor

For me, If a tractor has been "Restored" by another person the value usually drops if I were to buy it. I would rather have a tractor in its original condition whether it be rusty or not. That way you know what your dealing with. One thing to remember is everyone has their own interpretation of what the word "restore" means. Some just slap a coat of paint over rusty metal and call it a "restore". I you look closely at this tractor you can see some spots where it was never re-painted which makes me wonder what other corners may have been cut along the way. It may end up costing you more to correct the mistakes and repair worn or modified parts than what you can find a good original one for.
If you look closely at the mower deck on the left hand side you can see the deck wasn't taken down to bare metal when it was painted. I'm also wondering why some of his pictures show the tractor with throttle and choke cables and some other pics show them missing.... :confuse:

Usually when a tractor is Restored and fixed up to new condition you most likely will never get back what you put into it. Thats just how it is. A restoration is usually done for your own enjoyment and passion you have to keep these old machines alive for years to come.
  • MH81, motobreeder, hatedge and 1 other said thanks

#54 hatedge OFFLINE  

hatedge

Beer Guzzling Canuck

• Member No: 9737
  • 292 Thanks
  • 577 posts

Posted July 21, 2012 - 10:24 PM

Thats what most peeps dont understand.You can jerryrigg somethin to make it work and sell it for a profit. Thats what used car dealers and scrapyards do.But if you want to fix it right and give it a sharp look then youll soon realize that the costs will soon become higher than resale value. Its the bane of all whom cant let good machines go to waste. You have to choose wether you want to make money selling lemons or enjoy one of those well built marvels that are not built that way anymore. Older machines are durable and tough. Youll never be able to find one like that in a dealer, so rebuild it and enjoy the thing only the lucky few that we are can truly apreciate and forget what other people would be willing to pay for it. No buyer can truly apreciate the quality and the sweat it takes to own something so good that it will survive the years of use and abuse youll give it.
  • Bolens 1000, Newpaws493 and MailmAn have said thanks

#55 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,319 Thanks
  • 28,636 posts

Posted July 22, 2012 - 10:31 AM

He is dropping the price again, this time 899 OBO

it has two offers, one declined, one pending.

http://www.ebay.com/...=item231f83e0a9
  • hatedge said thank you