OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 805
  • 6,481 Thanks
  • 4,633 posts

Posted May 09, 2012 - 01:20 PM

I would have had no problem with $1,200.00 for that. The two stage snowcaster, wheel weights and cab are all highly desirable attachments.
  • hatedge said thank you

#17 Newpaws493 OFFLINE  

Newpaws493
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 9454
  • 1,150 Thanks
  • 1,691 posts

Posted May 09, 2012 - 01:21 PM

A little off topic but you guys seem to know more about prices for these things. I forked over 1200$ for my 1886-01 with mower,2 stage blower, cab, hiller, wheel weight, tire chains and 3 point. How does it sound?

As a rookie, I would wager close to reasonable for that package,(usable). Could be better or far worse, fair is in the eyes of the 'holder'. With that cab and all, I would probably had bitten without too much hagglin'. But thats me. How do you feel with the one-stop shoppin'? :huh:
An older guy once enlightened me with; '..It's not the cost of the thing, but do you want it...'

Edited by Newpaws493, May 09, 2012 - 01:25 PM.

• hatedge said thank you

#18 hatedge OFFLINE  

hatedge

Beer Guzzling Canuck

• Member No: 9737
  • 292 Thanks
  • 577 posts

Posted May 09, 2012 - 07:54 PM

I actually was shopping around for a little while and was even considering buying new club cadet. 16hp nothing included club goes for 1500$ and lawn tractors cant survive our winters up-here. Since im into antique snowmobiles i appreciate the quality of older machines compared to new ones. They just cant make em the same way they used to. A steelcast flywhell will keep going a alluminium flywheel will stop at the first sign of real work, same with all the other engine parts you can think of. Those bloody imports cant make the cut when it comes to small engines. Cars are a bit different but i wont go into that for now...lol

Edited by hatedge, May 09, 2012 - 08:25 PM.

#19 hatedge OFFLINE  

hatedge

Beer Guzzling Canuck

• 292 Thanks
  • 577 posts

Posted May 09, 2012 - 08:38 PM

As a rookie, I would wager close to reasonable for that package,(usable). Could be better or far worse, fair is in the eyes of the 'holder'. With that cab and all, I would probably had bitten without too much hagglin'. But thats me. How do you feel with the one-stop shoppin'? :huh:
An older guy once enlightened me with; '..It's not the cost of the thing, but do you want it...'

It was my first SERIOUS stop and i fell for it. Something was telling me it was a decent machine and could very well serve me needs if taken care of. But again, thats me.Since I dont know much on the subject Im wondering a bit. To answer your question im quite pleased with this little beast. Pride of ownership I guess.

Edited by hatedge, May 09, 2012 - 08:40 PM.

#20 bread320i OFFLINE  

bread320i
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 416
  • 593 Thanks
  • 1,220 posts

Posted May 09, 2012 - 09:25 PM

Id say you boughtt yourself a great tractor at a very reasonable price. Is that us dollars or canidian?
  • hatedge said thank you

#21 speedyg OFFLINE  

speedyg

Tractorholic

• Member No: 4412
  • 71 Thanks
  • 434 posts

Posted May 10, 2012 - 12:38 AM

It was my first SERIOUS stop and i fell for it. Something was telling me it was a decent machine and could very well serve me needs if taken care of. But again, thats me.Since I dont know much on the subject Im wondering a bit. To answer your question im quite pleased with this little beast. Pride of ownership I guess.

Hatedge, You did good!!
  • hatedge said thank you

#22 hatedge OFFLINE  

hatedge

Beer Guzzling Canuck

• 292 Thanks
  • 577 posts

Posted May 10, 2012 - 06:44 AM

Id say you boughtt yourself a great tractor at a very reasonable price. Is that us dollars or canidian?

It is in Canadian dollars, but the exchage rate is so low that its pretty much the same in US dollars.

#23 Enginerd OFFLINE  

Enginerd

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 611
  • 61 Thanks
  • 140 posts

Posted May 10, 2012 - 10:30 PM

That's a great price for a setup like that. For comparison, a few years back I bought an Ariens GT20 with a mower, 2 stage blower, cab, and wieghtbox for $1800. The GT20 is similar in size and capability to your rig, and I've seen my same setup sell for twice what I paid. The only downside to Bolens is the lack of a local parts supplier. If you can stomach a little downtime once in awhile while you wait for parts to arrive in the mail, you have an awesome tractor for the money.
  • hatedge and MailmAn have said thanks

#24 hatedge OFFLINE  

hatedge

Beer Guzzling Canuck

• 292 Thanks
  • 577 posts

Posted May 11, 2012 - 06:57 AM

That's a great price for a setup like that. For comparison, a few years back I bought an Ariens GT20 with a mower, 2 stage blower, cab, and wieghtbox for $1800. The GT20 is similar in size and capability to your rig, and I've seen my same setup sell for twice what I paid. The only downside to Bolens is the lack of a local parts supplier. If you can stomach a little downtime once in awhile while you wait for parts to arrive in the mail, you have an awesome tractor for the money.

Thank you, I just wanted to know if my huch was right and my estimation of the machine was good. It is the first time i ever looked at a tractor, let alone buy one, so i wondered. Thanks to you all for the experience you shared.

#25 Newpaws493 OFFLINE  

Newpaws493
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,150 Thanks
  • 1,691 posts

Posted May 11, 2012 - 07:32 AM

Why not put a sign on it, out front for $1,250 & watch your phone explode (in case there's any doubt left) :ok:
any chance of you loading a shot of it w/cab on? peease...
  • hatedge said thank you

#26 hatedge OFFLINE  

hatedge

Beer Guzzling Canuck

• 292 Thanks
  • 577 posts

Posted May 11, 2012 - 07:48 AM

Why not put a sign on it, out front for $1,250 & watch your phone explode (in case there's any doubt left) :ok:
any chance of you loading a shot of it w/cab on? peease...

Gonna do just that today, promissed. I was gonna wait a bit because ive a couple o things i wanna do on the engine but I cant wait to see it too! :p But ill post them on my newguy first tractor tread. so not to spam this one anymore.

As for the the 1250$ sign on it, I'll pass. Im convinced now that ive stumbled on a good deal. Haggled it down from 1500$ to 1200$ and was already pleased with that. Now that I know how sought after these are, im extremely pleased.

Edited by hatedge, May 11, 2012 - 08:24 AM.

#27 Newpaws493 OFFLINE  

Newpaws493
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,150 Thanks
  • 1,691 posts

Posted May 11, 2012 - 08:44 AM

circling back to where this thread started; I see 1day 3hrs, holding steady @$1,799.99, in case someone bumped their head or needed something to do with xtra cash laying around it's still up on the CL also for a few pennies more...

#28 OldBuzzard OFFLINE  

OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 805
  • 6,481 Thanks
  • 4,633 posts

Posted May 11, 2012 - 11:29 AM

And that's where it will stay, until the auction is over. It will be re-listed as well, since the 1st and only bid is an obvious 'shill bid'.

As for who would pay that kind of $$ for that tractor? MAYBE the guy that has THIS one on eBay :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

http://www.ebay.com/...=item27c1ec4cdf

#29 chris m ONLINE  

chris m

Tractorholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8148
  • 3,277 Thanks
  • 4,033 posts

Posted May 11, 2012 - 11:40 AM

And that's where it will stay, until the auction is over. It will be re-listed as well, since the 1st and only bid is an obvious 'shill bid'.

As for who would pay that kind of $$ for that tractor? MAYBE the guy that has THIS one on eBay :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

http://www.ebay.com/...=item27c1ec4cdf

Question when I buy this, do you think I could put a 3 point on it so I can plow the garden? :laughingteeth:

#30 Newpaws493 OFFLINE  

Newpaws493
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,150 Thanks
  • 1,691 posts

Posted May 11, 2012 - 02:17 PM

Question when I buy this, do you think I could put a 3 point on it so I can plow the garden? :laughingteeth:

hitch you say?
"...they have it in Perfect, Never Sold, Never Used, Brand New, Museum Quality Mint Condition.
This piece of History is now offered for sale and will be sold for the very first time. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity for..."
with all this goin' for it/them, may I humbly suggest you put em' both on that A-xpress blk card you got and ship em' off to Dubai to dock next to the QE2.so reeaal people can appreciate them... three point indeed. :blink:

*on another note, Iknow I'm new around here, but where's 'Doc? seems odd not hearin' from him...

Edited by Newpaws493, May 11, 2012 - 02:23 PM.