caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted May 07, 2012 - 02:42 PM

Thanks for the fess ups guys, misery loves company.

My oldest daughter tattled on me. She is no longer my favorite middle child.

Karen just laughed, and no, she's never done that.

She's your ONLY middle child. Therefore by default, she has to be your favorite :laughingteeth: (I'm sticking up for you KK!)

#17 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,483 Thanks
  • 39,716 posts

Posted May 08, 2012 - 04:03 AM

Doh! That's one I've done before too, but like Dan said, mine's slow. I solved that problem with the new pot though. It has a stopper that stops the flow through the basket when the pot is removed :laughingteeth:! I still don't think the basket will hold all 12 cups though!

I can attest to the fact the basket will not hold 12 cups of water. My test failed miserably, had to take the whole thing apart and clean the grounds out!

#18 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2011
  • 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted May 08, 2012 - 03:40 PM

Well my Father-in-law insisted the best degreaser he ever saw was coffee from the vending machine at Maytag.
Spill it on the concrete and the floor would look good as new?
Funny thing is he told me a few months after he retired he was craving a cup of coffe from the vending machine at Maytag.

#19 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2011
  • 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted May 08, 2012 - 03:45 PM

Sounds like you have a Bunn also, and yes they will put 12 cups of coffee on the counter very quickly. I've done it a few times in the 20 years we've had a Bunn. I bet if you check with Karen, she has done it a few times too, and forgot to tel you. :confuse: :laughingteeth:

I too have a bunn pour over. When I lived in Colfax, a standard pot would lime up and be useless in about 6 weeks.
My brother is a tech for a resturant supply company and can get parts for the commercial pots. So that's what I bought 3 yrs ago and it's never needed anything done to it.