Bob's Lawn and Garden Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 945
  • 1,413 Thanks
  • 2,115 posts

Posted May 09, 2012 - 10:20 AM

Here are a few pics of how it should look on the mounting and also the return spring. Not the best pics but the best i can get right now.

x 001.JPG x 002.JPG x 004.JPG
  • hatedge said thank you

#32 hatedge OFFLINE  

hatedge

Beer Guzzling Canuck

• Member No: 9737
  • 292 Thanks
  • 577 posts

Posted May 10, 2012 - 11:20 AM

Here are a few pics of how it should look on the mounting and also the return spring. Not the best pics but the best i can get right now.

Those pics are a huge help. I do have the return spring but its not on, and I was sure the darned thing was upside-down but could'nt bring myself to force it down. I guess all there is left for me to do is take it all appart and reassemble it in its proper position eh?

I also noticed the 3 belts on your pto pulley. I only have 2 on there, the 3rd goes to the alternator. I now wonder if the alternator on there has its place? Do these kohler engines have a magneto?

Edited by hatedge, May 10, 2012 - 12:42 PM.

#33 daytime dave OFFLINE  

daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531
  • 4,485 Thanks
  • 6,353 posts

Posted May 10, 2012 - 01:28 PM

Great looking package hatedge. I hope you get all your issues pinned down and repaired shortly.
  • hatedge said thank you

#34 hatedge OFFLINE  

hatedge

Beer Guzzling Canuck

• 292 Thanks
  • 577 posts

Posted May 10, 2012 - 01:32 PM

Got my new decals yesterday so I tought Id share them with you guys. Notice the difference between the original decals and the ones from maple hunter. the background on the originals is brown, the new ones is black. the Husky logo is quite different, the 1886 and hydrostatic words are inverted. But thats not all that bad since its not for show but to work with. I just want to clean it up a bit or the missus will tan my hide for having a heap of rust in the yard. lol Theyres only one problem that bothers me with the new decals: I didnt get the right dashboard decal.
paint and decals (1).JPG paint and decals (3).JPG paint and decals (4).JPG paint and decals (6).JPG paint and decals (11).JPG paint and decals (9).JPG

Edited by hatedge, May 10, 2012 - 07:22 PM.

• Newpaws493 and MailmAn have said thanks

#35 hatedge OFFLINE  

hatedge

Beer Guzzling Canuck

• 292 Thanks
  • 577 posts

Posted May 10, 2012 - 01:36 PM

Heres the mower but its not quite finished. It needs a new oil seal in the gearbox or itll leak all over the backyard.
mower refresh (1).JPG mower refresh (5).JPG

Attached Thumbnails

• mower refresh (6).JPG

Edited by hatedge, May 10, 2012 - 01:37 PM.

• Newpaws493 and MailmAn have said thanks

#36 Newpaws493 OFFLINE  

Newpaws493
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 9454
  • 1,150 Thanks
  • 1,691 posts

Posted May 10, 2012 - 04:24 PM

Looks like you're movin' right along and lookin good! Keep on doin' what you do :thumbs:
  • hatedge said thank you

#37 bhts OFFLINE  

bhts

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 1,413 Thanks
  • 2,115 posts

Posted May 10, 2012 - 04:26 PM

Yea the decals from maplehunters are not the best but will work like you said. I would send him a pic of the differences in the decals and he may fix the problem and send you a replacement. I do know that the dash decal he sent is not correct and is for the earlier large frames. Looks like your deck is a model 18070 or 18071 but if you need parts we carry most parts for that deck new and used.

Fro the pics i see you have added it will be a nice looking tractor.

If you have a good dash decal to get some measurments and pics from i would try this place as i have had good luck there and have sent a few people there and they liked them. www.clickitandstickit.com

Edited by bhts, May 10, 2012 - 04:30 PM.

• hatedge said thank you

#38 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted May 10, 2012 - 04:44 PM

I have also found that their decals for the MF 8 were not exactly as they were from the factory. Close but not 100% the same. The 1886 hood sure looks nice with the decals on it regardless of their being 100% factory.
  • hatedge said thank you

#39 hatedge OFFLINE  

hatedge

Beer Guzzling Canuck

• 292 Thanks
  • 577 posts

Posted May 10, 2012 - 06:46 PM

Yea the decals from maplehunters are not the best but will work like you said. I would send him a pic of the differences in the decals and he may fix the problem and send you a replacement. I do know that the dash decal he sent is not correct and is for the earlier large frames. Looks like your deck is a model 18070 or 18071 but if you need parts we carry most parts for that deck new and used.

Fro the pics i see you have added it will be a nice looking tractor.

If you have a good dash decal to get some measurments and pics from i would try this place as i have had good luck there and have sent a few people there and they liked them. www.clickitandstickit.com

Thanks for the reply Bob. One thing bothers me though because the tractor I have is an early model but the dash sticker doesnt match at all.
This be the one I received :
paint and decals (8).JPG paint and decals (7).JPG

Idont have pics of the old one right now because its pouring outside but its got imitation wood all around it and the choke is all the way to the left, to the right of that 2 bezels (amps and pressure) then light switch, ignition, then throttle at the far right.

The rain finally let up some so I got a quick pic for you
old dash.JPG

Edited by hatedge, May 10, 2012 - 07:16 PM.

#40 hatedge OFFLINE  

hatedge

Beer Guzzling Canuck

• 292 Thanks
  • 577 posts

Posted May 10, 2012 - 06:55 PM

I have also found that their decals for the MF 8 were not exactly as they were from the factory. Close but not 100% the same. The 1886 hood sure looks nice with the decals on it regardless of their being 100% factory.

Thanks a bunch mate. I also like it, no mather if its museum grade or not....Not yet anyway ;) lol

#41 bhts OFFLINE  

bhts

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 1,413 Thanks
  • 2,115 posts

Posted May 10, 2012 - 08:24 PM

What i mean by earlier one is the bolens 1476 1477 which are the earlier large frame bolens and would be the decals for that. If you send a email to the site i mentioned with a pic and some measurments of your dash they may be able to make you a correct one.The wood grain is a big pain to do so i would check with them.
  • hatedge said thank you

#42 wilberj ONLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 51
  • 4,198 Thanks
  • 5,215 posts

Posted May 10, 2012 - 09:23 PM

Thanks for the reply Bob. One thing bothers me though because the tractor I have is an early model but the dash sticker doesnt match at all.
This be the one I received :
paint and decals (8).JPG paint and decals (7).JPG

Idont have pics of the old one right now because its pouring outside but its got imitation wood all around it and the choke is all the way to the left, to the right of that 2 bezels (amps and pressure) then light switch, ignition, then throttle at the far right.

The rain finally let up some so I got a quick pic for you
old dash.JPG

The pressure one was added.
  • hatedge said thank you

#43 hatedge OFFLINE  

hatedge

Beer Guzzling Canuck

• 292 Thanks
  • 577 posts

Posted May 11, 2012 - 06:47 AM

What i mean by earlier one is the bolens 1476 1477 which are the earlier large frame bolens and would be the decals for that. If you send a email to the site i mentioned with a pic and some measurments of your dash they may be able to make you a correct one.The wood grain is a big pain to do so i would check with them.

Oh, I understand now. Im new to all this and didnt know what you meant by earlier models. Thanks for the detailed explanation, I'll go to bed a little smarter tonight. :)

#44 hatedge OFFLINE  

hatedge

Beer Guzzling Canuck

• 292 Thanks
  • 577 posts

Posted May 11, 2012 - 06:52 AM

The pressure one was added.

It looks that way yes. I dont really see the need for one. Whether the engine is revved up or iddling the pressure stays the same on there. Unless its not hooked up right.

Edited by hatedge, May 11, 2012 - 10:13 AM.

#45 hatedge OFFLINE  

hatedge

Beer Guzzling Canuck

• 292 Thanks
  • 577 posts

Posted May 11, 2012 - 08:37 AM

As I am waiting to get my RH steering arm welded I have decide to tackle a couple of things that bothered me on the engine.
Theres a play in the throttle/governor that has me thinkin' im not getting all I can get from this engine. My problem is I am clueless when it come to this type of carb. It looks like a walbro and Ive never touched one or something with a governor before. I cant begin to figure out whatthis governor is for and how it interacts with what looks to me like a pump of somekind. Therefore ajustment is something I need help with if any of you guys is up to the challenge of teaching me some basics before I go and wreck everything! lol

Edited by hatedge, May 11, 2012 - 08:37 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 1886, large frame, bolens