• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 tractorbeam OFFLINE  

tractorbeam
  • Member No: 9017
  • 25 Thanks
  • 89 posts

Posted May 05, 2012 - 09:02 PM

We bought a 2005 Kubota BX2200. The dealer was to service it before delivery and supply me with a manual for it. First off, the thing was never serviced...... No biggie, I'll do it myself, but the manual states that the only thing to be greased whatsoever, is the HS drive pedal and the battery terminals at 50 hour intervals. HUH? There is a zirk at each end of the driveline, and one at the front axle pivot point and I wasn't even looking hard, so I'm sure there's more of em. I did see that the VIN number actually shows the tractor to be a BX2200 D but the tractor is badged a BX2200 on the hood. Still love the tractor, but I'm confused. Is there a difference between the BX2200 and the BX2200 D? And what about these other grease fittings? I needs a correct manual. Aside from the dealer, where can a person find the correct manual?

#2 Reverend Blair OFFLINE  

Reverend Blair

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1659
  • 501 Thanks
  • 952 posts

Posted May 05, 2012 - 09:12 PM

Not overly familiar with Kubota, but I'd have a chat with one of their mechanics. My feeling is that every nipple needs grease or they wouldn't have put it there. The only question is type and how much.

#3 Cvans ONLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 4,482 Thanks
  • 5,013 posts

Posted May 05, 2012 - 10:19 PM

In my over 60 years I don't recall ever seeing a grease zerk that wasn't supposed to be greased. I would make darn sure that the one on the front axle pivot gets greased as there is a lot of load there.
Enjoy your new machine.

#4 tractorbeam OFFLINE  

tractorbeam
  • 25 Thanks
  • 89 posts

Posted May 06, 2012 - 12:10 AM

Oh I'm certainly going to grease them indeed, I just wonder if there is a difference between the D and non D models or are they one and the same?

#5 Cvans ONLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 4,482 Thanks
  • 5,013 posts

Posted May 06, 2012 - 06:05 PM

Well I'm no expert on these things but could the D stand for diesel? I know you could purchase a number of their mowers powered either by gas or diesel.

#6 jweaver OFFLINE  

jweaver

• Member No: 740
  • 3 Thanks
  • 20 posts

Posted May 12, 2012 - 09:40 AM

they are one in the same they all have the d in the serial plate have sold many of these over the years and there all the same no differances in them the owners manual you need is $19.00 and the part # is k2511-71210 hope this help that is not right of the dealer to tell you he would service it and get you a manual and did not i would make them make it right hope you like that little tractor they are great machines sold lots of them

#7 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted May 12, 2012 - 09:45 AM

Congrats on the new tractor. They are a great machine. I'm surprised the manual would not include instructions for greasing. Sometimes there are omissions in manuals so maybe talk to the dealer about this issue and also make them compensate you for not doing the maintenance that was part of the deal.

#8 poncho62 OFFLINE  

poncho62
  • Member No: 42
  • 631 Thanks
  • 1,219 posts

Posted May 12, 2012 - 03:39 PM

Wonder if the Kubota boys do that as a make work program for themselves in the future?......

Edited by poncho62, May 12, 2012 - 03:39 PM.

#9 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted May 12, 2012 - 09:03 PM

Wonder if the Kubota boys do that as a make work program for themselves in the future?......

I sure hope not! That's dirty pool there! We used to have the company that we bought some of our cranes from come in quarterly to do PM on them. They reported to us that there was a gearbox problem on one and wanted to replace it. The boss refused and said that we'd follow up. We went up after they left to find that they'd drained the gearbox of oil! We know this because there are several quarts of oil in them and there wasn't a drop anywhere to be found like you'd see if it had leaked out. Not only did they not drum up work for themselves on that trip, they lost the contract for the PM all together. I guess I shouldn't complain because that's when I started doing the inspections, PM, and repairs that I do for a living now :laughingteeth:

#10 Cvans ONLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 4,482 Thanks
  • 5,013 posts

Posted May 12, 2012 - 10:02 PM

That was a pretty dangerous and underhanded stunt. Someone could have could have found themselves in a very tight corner if that gearbox had failed at the wrong time.
  • caseguy said thank you

#11 tractorbeam OFFLINE  

tractorbeam
  • 25 Thanks
  • 89 posts

Posted May 13, 2012 - 01:14 AM

Okay, so I found out that I needed the mower manual, which I now have, and in it, there is more info about greasing the propeeler shaft and other things, so that's all golden. Love the unit, but I tell you those Kubota seats are horrible. Keep sliding forward. Modifications are coming soon.