Well I was able to do some work on the dump cart this weekend. Learned a hard lesson on body filler. I normally use spot putty, but in this case ( the bed was solid and in very good shape) I felt I needed to use a harder filler on the rust pit marks. Lesson 1- make up small amounts of the putty. Lesson 2- put on thin coats and clean up the extra putty.
Since I put it on pretty thick and had made too much at a time, it was drying up on me as I put the last amount on. When I came out this morning to sand it, it was hard as a rock and hand sanding with 46 grit sandpaper was not making a dent. I finally pulled out the angle grinder and with 120 grit was able to sand it down. But I lost an hour or so getting this done. At this point the bed has been filled and the sides have been spot puttied. It has been hand sanded and sprayed with primer, just ran out of daylight to get it painted. Rain tomorrow so may be the end of the week before I can get it painted.
Bottom right hub is painted with the correct yellow color, now I will have to repaint the other rim.
Here is the axle/tongue already painted.
Edited by sacsr, October 14, 2012 - 07:41 PM.