#16 Amigatec OFFLINE  

Collector of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5899
  • 2,023 Thanks
  • 3,172 posts

Posted May 04, 2012 - 03:06 AM

There was a guy named Bill Steveson in West Newton PA that was selling stuff to people. I had to stop and look it up, I had heard about him on other forums. He wanted money for shipping up front and his buddy was a trucker and would deliver the parts cheap.

Sometimes he used the name Bill Malandro and had a wife named Lisa, he liked to use Walmart MoneyGrams. He knew his tractors, and could talk the talk. I guess he has been doing this for years.

#17 ducky OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 564
  • 1,530 Thanks
  • 3,781 posts

Posted May 04, 2012 - 04:37 AM

Great to hear they got this scumbag!

#18 hatedge OFFLINE  

Beer Guzzling Canuck

• Member No: 9737
  • 292 Thanks
  • 577 posts

Posted May 15, 2012 - 10:01 PM

Here in Canada we got a thing called Kijiji And I advertise a lot of antique snowmobiles on there. Some scammers from africa (of all places) called me saying they were a company selling machines to amateurs in France. They wanted to know the price for all the snowmobiles I had for sale. I told em some of my machines were part sleds only and didnt run. No matter they said your price is ours. Figured it was fishy from there on so I asked for 3 times the worth for my stock. They didnt even try to haggle! Next morning they called again telling me they were sending a freight truck to pick em up. Later that day they called back to tell me they had a problem because the freight company wanted some international sales tax up front before delivering to the port because they had to pay that upfront when shipping.They wanted me to send them half the tax through western union. I asked them what that tax was called and researched the name they gave me. It was a tax for money trading between banks! nothing to do with international sales tax. I asked for a number to call back and a name.they gave me both. I called the RCMP and gave them my story. Theyr told me that these people were already under investigation by police in France ,Canada,Belgium etc.. I still kept messing around with them scammers telling them I had forgotten to send the money and the second time that I had sent it to the wrong adress. They kept telling me it was urgent and that they had to pull favors from the shipping company to hold the boat for my snowmobiles! I eventually told em that I didnt want to sell them the machines for that price and that I wanted 2 times more!!! (remember I had charged 3 time the price at first) They were very happy to tell me their clients would pay but the sales tax would be higher and that I had to send them a bigger check. It lasted 3 weeks then I got boredd and told em I had reported them to the RCMP. Bloody goofs over there. My brother called for a FREE seadoo posted on Kijiji and it was them again! trying to get shipping fees from him saying they had to send it from africa. He decided to research what seadoos were going for on Kijiji and lo! he finds the same ''free'' seadoo picture on another ad, but this time it wasnt free at all and the seller was close by. Those rats took the guys pic to scam people with it!!!!!

We didnt get caught but some poor people do. Be weary of good deals

Edited by hatedge, May 15, 2012 - 10:04 PM.

• MH81 and Toolpartzman have said thanks

#19 Cvans OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 4,321 Thanks
  • 4,917 posts

Posted May 15, 2012 - 10:55 PM

Nice they caught him but the perpetrator deserves more than a slap on the wrist if he's guilty. Let's hope justice prevails.