• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 sknap83 OFFLINE  

sknap83

• Member No: 5244
  • 3 Thanks
  • 41 posts

Posted May 02, 2012 - 07:48 PM

I just picked up a 416h toro wheel horse. It is a 1993 with 326 hours on it. My wife is in love with horses and she had to have this one. I collect deeres and a few other odds and ends so I cant tell her no and with the low hours and the like new condition I couldnt really say no to 500.00s. Any way it has the 48 inch mower deck. I am wondering if there is any sites for me to find attachments for this besides craigslist. I kind of like the tractor and would love to put a tiller on it so she can till up her own flower beds and also a snow blower as I understand they make a 2 stager for these. Do they offer 3 point for these as well. Thanks

#2 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted May 03, 2012 - 08:30 PM

Glad to hear that your wife has caught the bug! I personally like her choice of makers too! As to your question, please give our site sponsors a shot for the implements that you're seeking. Joes has a lot of Wheel Horse parts and implements. You can find them on the home page in the right hand column. Craigslist is actually a really good place to find what you're seeking, but you have to be willing to travel sometimes. Search the areas all around the one you're in to see if what you're after is listed there. You can also try your local free classifieds. I hope that this info helps.

#3 jusjeepn OFFLINE  

jusjeepn

• Member No: 2392
  • 84 Thanks
  • 120 posts

Posted May 04, 2012 - 03:13 AM

A 16hp Onan powered tractor for $500? With only 326hrs? You better go turn yourself in....you stole that one! Is it already equiped with the rear lifting rockshaft and chain? If not, these are very difficult to come by and are NLA @ Toro. The ones that do come up for sale go for a pretty hefty sum. Is it a 416H or a 416-8? If it is 416-8 with out the electric lift option, I'd look for another tractor that is either hydro or has electric lift. That tiller and 2 stage blower are not light. There were two 2 stage blowers made that fit this model. One was Toro/Wheel Horse p/n 06-44SC01, and Berco also made a unit that fit. There was no 3pt avail for this model but there is a guy out east who manufactures and sells a unit that is a bolt on. Let me know if your interested and I'll hook you up with him.

#4 sknap83 OFFLINE  

sknap83

• 3 Thanks
  • 41 posts

Posted May 04, 2012 - 02:51 PM

Sorry it had 366 hours on it. It has no rear lift setup at all. Is it worth spending the extra cash for the 2 stage blower for this? There is a 2 stage blower that will fit it along with a cab for 1200.00 and I am cringing at spending that much for something that my deere does just fine. Since my wife wants a snowblower for it I am guessing she will snowblow our driveway if I get her one lol. I know my singlestage on my deere throws better than my neighbors 6 ft 2 stage. I do have to admit of all the craigslist tractors that have came in and left this yard this is the first I have stopped after picking it up and being asked is that the one that was on craigslist. You got a smoking deal. I stopped at loews and had a guy eyeballing it and knew exactly were I got it from. I like the tractor. I hate to say it but its a little better for mowing than my 317 deere. It is a 416 h. Are the tillers pretty much universal for these? I knew it was a deal when I figured out the hour meter really worked.

Attached Thumbnails

• DSCF2526.JPG
  • DSCF2525.JPG
  • DSCF2524.JPG

#5 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted May 05, 2012 - 06:54 AM

Wow sknap83! You got a fantastic deal on that one! It looks to be in excellent shape! The mower deck seems to be in great shape too! Congrats! That one's a keeper for sure!
  • sknap83 said thank you

#6 jusjeepn OFFLINE  

jusjeepn

• 84 Thanks
  • 120 posts

Posted May 05, 2012 - 10:14 PM

Shannon, I'm not sure how far your willing to travel to get a 2 stage blower and cab, but I'm pretty sure a buddy of mine in southern MI. has what your looking for and at a far better price. That does seem quite steep for a blower and cab set up! A nice 2 stage sells around here for around $500. There is no cab made that is worth $700, in my opinion, even if it's brand new.
  • sknap83 said thank you

#7 sknap83 OFFLINE  

sknap83

• 3 Thanks
  • 41 posts

Posted May 06, 2012 - 01:36 PM

The guy that has the tiller has a cab thats not new but in good shape he says for 100 bucks. He has lots of single stage blowers but no 2 stages. If I am going to get a blower for this I think I want the 2 stage cause the single stage on my deere does a fine job and I see no need for a second tractor with a single stage. This horse is growing on me fast. I like it better than my 317 deere but not quite as much as the 318 I have. As far as travel distance I have no issues going 150 to 200 miles one way especially if I can save money by doing it. My tractor does not have that rock shaft on the rear. The guy with the tiller says that it comes with some type of a lift arm that hooks up to were the deck lifts. I guess until I get time to go look at it I wont know for sure what I will need to make it work. I am willing to take a look at what your friend has. Thanks
Shannon

#8 Rocking416 OFFLINE  

Rocking416

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1546
  • 76 Thanks
  • 191 posts

Posted May 06, 2012 - 03:06 PM

I have two 416H One is a 1996 50th anniversary Autographed by the Late Cecil E Pond Rest his soul. The other is Unknown year Both had 48inch mower decks but on deck was really bad off so The older one has a 42 inch dozer Blade on it with the tires filled and two 100lbs John deere Wheel weights in the Rear There isnt much it will not push

Attached Thumbnails

• meanthe416004.jpg

#9 jusjeepn OFFLINE  

jusjeepn

• 84 Thanks
  • 120 posts

Posted May 06, 2012 - 09:47 PM

Jump on the cab. That's a pretty good price if it's complete. You'll need it regardless of the blower. There's nothing quite like the power steering on that 318. I can't knock you on that one! My buddy lives in Olivet near Charlott. I'll get you some contact info.
  • sknap83 said thank you

#10 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted May 07, 2012 - 02:44 PM

That's a great price on the cab if it's in decent shape! Best of luck with it!

#11 sknap83 OFFLINE  

sknap83

• 3 Thanks
  • 41 posts

Posted May 10, 2012 - 02:11 PM

I found another tiller today that the paint is still on the tines of. However it is just the tiller. What are the odds I will find the mule drive for one? Thanks

#12 jusjeepn OFFLINE  

jusjeepn

• 84 Thanks
  • 120 posts

Posted May 12, 2012 - 12:02 AM

What model is it? I have been known to fabricate a mule drive or three!

#13 sknap83 OFFLINE  

sknap83

• 3 Thanks
  • 41 posts

Posted May 12, 2012 - 11:00 AM

07-30TL02-22652 (2064) I am not sure if this tiller will work on my tractor. The pully is on the opposite side. Its a ways away from me and I am not sure if I should go look at it. Unless theres a belt that goes from the mule drive and then a seperate that goes to the clutch on the tractor. I am guessing all wheel horse tillers arent one tractor fits all.

#14 GWest OFFLINE  

GWest

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 130
  • 450 Thanks
  • 408 posts

Posted May 12, 2012 - 07:01 PM

The 07-30TL02 was sold 1983-1986 for the B-Series and 200-Series with vertical engine crankshafts. The 30 is the width and the tractor normally used a 36" wide model. Recall that they can be modified to fit the horizontal drive but don't think they are that scarse making it necessary or worth it.

Garry

#15 sknap83 OFFLINE  

sknap83

• 3 Thanks
  • 41 posts

Posted May 13, 2012 - 08:16 AM

Thats what I was wondering. I will keep looking. Thanks