2418 Dozer Blade

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 dacheez17 OFFLINE  

• Member No: 9663
  • 7 Thanks
  • 25 posts

Posted May 02, 2012 - 06:41 AM

researching dozer blades for the 2418, 1980 w/ hydraulics. Will any comparable style fit, or does it have to be a pk one. Been looking, not too many on craigslist. I know mission has one, not really looking for brand knew. Finding a bunch for lawn mowers. Not sure of compatibility though.

#2 Alc OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,288 Thanks
  • 6,490 posts

Posted May 02, 2012 - 07:39 AM

I can give you some mesurments if you want to try adapting somthing from another tractor but I've seen them around here , guessing more for snow here . You might also come up with a different mounting point , the PK's where more suited for loose gravel and snow , not that you couldn't on tougher dirt but I've seen other brands that mounted the frame work further towards the rear , Wheel Horse come to mind but sure there are others , Al

#3 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7087
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted May 02, 2012 - 09:09 AM

If you wanted to modify it, you could use any plow you want to. In theory anyway. A 1980 model has a different lift style then I have so I dont know how they lift it exactly. The mounts are simple and you could probably make something to fit your PK mounts pretty easy. Have you tried on eBay? That's a good place for PK parts. If you find something thats to far away for you to drive, see if there is anybody in the transportation section who could help you out.

#4 glgrumpy ONLINE  

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,499 Thanks
  • 6,370 posts

Posted May 02, 2012 - 09:46 PM

See those blades around quite alot. Fella on epay, jrhaines may have one. I just bought one from him and he also had a JD, but they mount diff and are lighter. Think blades from 70's to 80's are all interchangeable. There are diff lift links to tractor tho. You won't need that long round one with the spring on one end, you will need the link with two yokes welded on a 3/4" rod, about 2.5 ft long I believe. Just look for the blade that has the two mount rods that hang off those four blocks under your frame. Should be some flat stock to go between those mounts, couple of little locks to hold up the front rod, and little flat stock hangers to go from those rod mounts down to the blade frame. Yahoo group for PK's has pictures and postings about the blades on the site. Myself, would look for a PK blade. It fits right and is plenty heavy, better than lots of other brands.