Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Help!, I Can't Stop Myself! - Another Mf14!

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 broken2 OFFLINE  

broken2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 85
  • 279 Thanks
  • 425 posts

Posted May 01, 2012 - 10:27 PM

So the wife and I have been talking about saving some money(which she is doing), selling the house and getting a smaller one with more land. I think it's a great idea, I really do. The problem is that whenever I try not to spend money, good deals come out of everywhere and make me buy them. Really, it's not my fault. Example: I'm leaving the house yesterday around 11:00am with a gt and some attachments on the trailer. The wife say's "where ya going"?. I reply "to sell some stuff"(always music to her ears) and she looked at me like I was her hero or something, almost made me want to postpone the trip for a bit, if ya know what I mean. ;) Then I come home many hours later with a 600+lb cultipacker/seeder on the trailer. I told her "it was a great deal and sometimes you have to spend money to make money", but I wasn't gonna buy anything else for a while. Then on the way home tonight she was talking about something? while I was doing the uncontrollable subconscious tractor search. Then, behind some whatever,( I only see tractors) I spotted the front end of a massey gt. When we got home, I finished ignoring whatever the wife was saying, jumped in the truck, with the loaded trailer still behind it and took off. I came back a bit later with another mf14 sitting next to the seeder on the trailer! When the wife saw it she said "is that something your gonna make money on"? I said nope, I'm keeping it, it makes me happy. She gave me a smile, shook her head and said "dinners ready". She's awesome, but let's get back to the tractor. It's been outside awhile, a little hacked in places, didn't run, bad gas, carb & fuel pump plugged, no spark and the wiring is a mess. I didn't care and happily offered him $200 which he excepted. The reason I couldn't help myself is that it has a complete 3pt. hitch on it! I've been looking for one for a while now and had all but given up. Great deal on the hitch and a free tractor is the way I see it. I spent about an hour with it after dinner and drove it off the trailer and over to the neighbors house. I have a ritual, whenever I bring home another tractor I drive it straight to my neighbors to torment him with it. He loves gt's but can't keep anything running more than a day after I fix it for him. The tractor needs a lot of TLC but ran great for bad gas and dirty carb. No knocks or engine noise and a buttery smooth hydro. Great day!

DSC02502.JPG DSC02503.JPG DSC02504.JPG DSC02506.JPG DSC02510.JPG DSC02511.JPG DSC02512.JPG

Edited by broken2, May 01, 2012 - 10:44 PM.

• grand said thank you

#2 chris m OFFLINE  

chris m

Tractorholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8148
  • 3,277 Thanks
  • 4,033 posts

Posted May 01, 2012 - 10:40 PM

LOL at your story! Great Score on that MF14! Dang 3 point even! You should have left it on the trailer so I could just back up to it and drive off :laughingteeth: JK. Congrats That really looks like a great find :thumbs:

#3 ckjakline OFFLINE  

ckjakline

Tractorholic

• Member No: 6073
  • 1,080 Thanks
  • 1,093 posts

Posted May 02, 2012 - 02:53 AM

Good score.There is no stopping it,you're addicted.

#4 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,346 Thanks
  • 39,627 posts

Posted May 02, 2012 - 04:10 AM

That was a great deal! Nice 3-point hitch! Now, do something for the wife!

#5 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted May 02, 2012 - 04:55 AM

Nice catch, on the tractor and the wife! I think you should take Kenny's advice and bring home a present for your wife or take a day off from tractor hunting to do something together. The 3pt is a big bonus IMO. It really makes the tractor much more useful.

#6 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,206 Thanks
  • 28,581 posts

Posted May 02, 2012 - 07:20 AM

Wow, nice seeder, really nice tractor, and a keeper for a wife.

Congrats Dan, it looks pretty complete and even better with the 3 point and a running engine. :thumbs:

I'm gonna study those pics more when I get home from work. BTW, what was supper? LOL

#7 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,555 Thanks
  • 29,815 posts

Posted May 02, 2012 - 08:33 AM

Superb buy on that Massey. Heck the 3pt is worth more than you paid all by itself! But enough about the tractor....I want a thread all about that seeder! Never seen one like it.

#8 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2011
  • 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted May 02, 2012 - 10:26 AM

Superb buy on that Massey. Heck the 3pt is worth more than you paid all by itself! But enough about the tractor....I want a thread all about that seeder! Never seen one like it.

DITTO!!

#9 pianotuner OFFLINE  

pianotuner

• Member No: 7799
  • 55 Thanks
  • 86 posts

Posted May 02, 2012 - 11:05 AM

Ahh, tormenting the neighbor. Third best thing in the world after the wife and the massey.

#10 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

Ryan313

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7087
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted May 02, 2012 - 12:33 PM

Thanks for the story, LOL! That 3pt looks pretty hefty! That was a great Deal!

#11 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted May 02, 2012 - 05:37 PM

That's a great score Dan! Congrats on the new to you MF14! The cultipacker looks useful too. I hope that it gets you lots of work! It sounds like you're gonna need some extra cash to support that addiction LOL. Your wife sounds a bit like mine. Mine supports my hobby because she knows that it makes me happy. God bless the good ones!

#12 DH1 ONLINE  

DH1

Electric Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62
  • 4,585 Thanks
  • 5,295 posts

Posted May 02, 2012 - 06:21 PM

Good stuff on the tractor 3 pt and all.

#13 daytime dave OFFLINE  

daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531
  • 4,485 Thanks
  • 6,353 posts

Posted May 02, 2012 - 06:33 PM

Dan, great story, I like the way you tell it. Very nice cullipacker and Massey. That is a great score on the three point hitch.

Sounds like your wife is a great one.

#14 grand OFFLINE  

grand

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8
  • 1,632 Thanks
  • 1,909 posts

Posted May 02, 2012 - 07:25 PM

Thanks for a wonderful story on your latest find and the great pics. That three point is a fantastic addition to your haul. I also seem to have the same problem at times about not spending money. When we have some unusual expenses, usually health related, there seem to be some very good buys on tractors or implements. Your wife is also a keeper just like mine. Gotta keep the good ones.

Edited by grand, May 02, 2012 - 07:39 PM.

#15 redcarkids OFFLINE  

redcarkids

Tractorholic

• Member No: 7555
  • 242 Thanks
  • 464 posts

Posted May 02, 2012 - 08:24 PM

Nice score on the mower and the wife. Gotta ask how many mf14 do you own?