• Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,605 Thanks
  • 29,834 posts

Posted August 27, 2012 - 07:09 PM

There is also some kind of Dinosaur park south of Daniel on I-65, don't remember the name, but would be interesting for children I'm sure.

That is right off I65 at the Cave City exit. Going south on I65, take a right at top of the ramp. "Dinosaur World" is then just a few hundred feet down on the left. This is the same exit you take to go to Mammoth Cave.
  • Texas Deere and Horse said thank you

#122 IamSherwood OFFLINE  

IamSherwood

Elf guardian

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2066
  • 8,379 Thanks
  • 7,696 posts

Posted August 27, 2012 - 07:10 PM

Now here in Ohio that is true also, even goats milk. And yes there have been some especially nasty court cases. But anybody can get it to feed to their animals....Oh, ya and the Amish around here sell it back and forth without any trouble. Also I've had friends who were told by Dr's to get milk from a local farm for some babies digestive systems. So if it really has e-coli and salmonella and such in it how come it's o.k. to feed to to colicky babies and to animals that we in turn can eat? My own family rarely has store bought milk and we haven't died yet, and in fact generally seem more healthy than the "city milk drinkers" in these parts...My grandparents, parents, aunts, uncles, etc. all seemed to live just fine drinking fresh milk ! Maybe the clean common sense handling is more important, and maybe it is just another "follow the buck" as the gov. protects us from ourselves... :confuse:

Yes, Agreed.
Just another step in the pussification of the world.
Soon we'll be riding around on self steering bicycles, wearing full body armour, and chewing on powdered milk and
bird seed recycleable gum.

#123 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,269 Thanks
  • 28,607 posts

Posted August 27, 2012 - 07:54 PM

If we got caught handing out un-pasturized milk....we get shut down!

If you don't keep the cows in a pasture... where do you keep them?

(Just kidding, just kidding)

#124 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,605 Thanks
  • 29,834 posts

Posted August 27, 2012 - 07:56 PM

As far as people getting sick from un-pasteurized milk products.....I think where the problem lies is people living in too pure a world. Us country folk grow up with bacteria all around. Getting dirty was half the fun of childhood. Going barefoot, manure squishing up between our toes, dropping our snacks on the ground, & beating the 5 second rule to go ahead & eat it...all served to help our bodies build natural immunities to a lot of this stuff. People that have never been around bacteria have no immunities whatsoever, and are very susceptible to severe problems.
Ok....that said, Will.....you better get down here & squish some manure with your feet........then plow! :smilewink:
  • IamSherwood and twostep have said thanks

#125 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,605 Thanks
  • 29,834 posts

Posted August 27, 2012 - 07:57 PM

If you don't keep the cows in a pasture... where do you keep them?

(Just kidding, just kidding)

:ok: :ok: ....so I left out the "e" in pasteurized! :smilewink:
  • MH81, caseguy and Texas Deere and Horse have said thanks

#126 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,269 Thanks
  • 28,607 posts

Posted August 27, 2012 - 07:59 PM

Daniel, my kids want to know why I'm laughing... I told them to log in and see for themselves.

#127 GTTinkerer OFFLINE  

GTTinkerer

GT Tinkerer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1564
  • 1,153 Thanks
  • 1,326 posts

Posted August 27, 2012 - 08:03 PM

As far as people getting sick from un-pasteurized milk products.....I think where the problem lies is people living in too pure a world. Us country folk grow up with bacteria all around. Getting dirty was half the fun of childhood. Going barefoot, manure squishing up between our toes, dropping our snacks on the ground, & beating the 5 second rule to go ahead & eat it...all served to help our bodies build natural immunities to a lot of this stuff. People that have never been around bacteria have no immunities whatsoever, and are very susceptible to severe problems.
Ok....that said, Will.....you better get down here & squish some manure with your feet........then plow! :smilewink:

Daniel,
I agree with you 110% on this. Many of the guys I grew up with who were "town kids" are already gone due to the big C word, cancer. While a lot of it wasn't fun at the time looking back on it we "farm boys" were the lucky ones.

#128 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted August 27, 2012 - 08:30 PM

Pheeeew! I thought I was the only crazy one who believed that there's such a thing as "too clean"! This could turn into a real editorial from me, but I'm gonna leave it at I wholeheartedly agree that the sterile world we're trying to create isn't doing us any favors! I will also add that the advent of infant formulas in the 1960's excised uncountable generations of irreplaceable immunity from the human race. Couple that with the super bugs we've created and...well you get the picture! Off the soap box now! That's my $.02.

#129 jpackard56 OFFLINE  

jpackard56

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7225
  • 1,768 Thanks
  • 1,407 posts

Posted August 27, 2012 - 09:07 PM

Danial, "5 second rule"??? You all must have slow moving dogs !! around here anything you can get back from the dog(s) is still good !! :laughingteeth:

Will, I couldn't agree more we are creating a whole society of "entitlement wimps"
My wife recently picked up a cookbook at a store and flipped through it...every recipe for a chicken dinner started with "pick up boneless chicken" ... :(

#130 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,605 Thanks
  • 29,834 posts

Posted August 29, 2012 - 04:10 PM

Right now, counting those who say they WILL be coming, we have a count of 28. There are 10 more not on the list on the first post of this thread from a local tractor club. If all the "maybe's" get to come, then the count is 32!

#131 Sparky OFFLINE  

Sparky

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1574
  • 1,295 Thanks
  • 1,892 posts

Posted August 29, 2012 - 05:01 PM

I told my wife you have a working dairy farm - she will come with me . Plus i have an engine that I promised for Kenny .

#132 grand OFFLINE  

grand

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8
  • 1,632 Thanks
  • 1,909 posts

Posted September 01, 2012 - 08:31 PM

Right now, counting those who say they WILL be coming, we have a count of 28. There are 10 more not on the list on the first post of this thread from a local tractor club. If all the "maybe's" get to come, then the count is 32!

I added your Plow Day to the Events Calendar and also added a RSVP so folks can just click on the box and their name will be added. Looks like a good count already Daniel.
  • olcowhand said thank you

#133 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,605 Thanks
  • 29,834 posts

Posted September 01, 2012 - 08:55 PM

I added your Plow Day to the Events Calendar and also added a RSVP so folks can just click on the box and their name will be added. Looks like a good count already Daniel.

Thanks Grand! I totally forgot about the calendar with the RSVP feature!

#134 Meangreen OFFLINE  

Meangreen

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 31
  • 94 Thanks
  • 300 posts

Posted September 05, 2012 - 12:31 PM

Almost ready, have to replace a u-joint in the 430 and spiff up my new 12" plow :dancingbanana:

2012-09-01_18-51-26_161.jpg
  • KennyP said thank you

#135 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,605 Thanks
  • 29,834 posts

Posted September 05, 2012 - 02:43 PM

Almost ready, have to replace a u-joint in the 430 and spiff up my new 12" plow :dancingbanana:

2012-09-01_18-51-26_161.jpg

Are you lost Fred? Bout time you get to posting! The most important "spiffing" is to shine up that moldboard with some good old dirt!