• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,483 Thanks
  • 39,716 posts

Posted October 28, 2012 - 04:17 AM

I'm glad to hear so many raves about this! Way to go, Daniel!

#392 powerking56 OFFLINE  

powerking56

Collector of stuff

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 359
  • 907 Thanks
  • 1,805 posts

Posted October 28, 2012 - 06:22 AM

Looks and sounds like a great time, glad for those that were able to go and enjoy!! A big thanks for the pics and video posted so far.
I think this is going to be on many more folks bucket list for next year. A GREAT BIG THANK YOU to Daniel, Teresa and all who helped make it happen!! Glad the weather dried enough to allow you to plow.

#393 Meangreen OFFLINE  

Meangreen

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 31
  • 94 Thanks
  • 300 posts

Posted October 28, 2012 - 08:05 AM

even more pics :)
100_0546.JPG 100_0547.JPG 100_0550.JPG 100_0552.JPG 100_0555.JPG 100_0557.JPG 100_0549.JPG 100_0566.JPG 100_0579.JPG

Attached Thumbnails

• 100_0582.JPG

• Chuck_050382, powerking56, MAV and 6 others have said thanks

#394 Drew OFFLINE  

Drew

• Member No: 7935
  • 2 Thanks
  • 16 posts

Posted October 28, 2012 - 09:13 AM

Daniel WOW!!!!!!
What a great first event. I had a great time. It was well worth the trip. It was a pleasure to meet such a nice group of people, and see some old friends we haven't seen in awhile. (Jimmy) We hope to be able to return next year. Ill try to post some pics soon
Thanks
Drew from AL.

#395 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,650 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted October 28, 2012 - 09:22 AM

Back to milking this morning, then a day or 2 of putting things away, & restoring my son's shed to normal. I am so glad we hosted this event, and will be doing it again & again.
My dad has always been kind of pessimistic about what GT's can do, but I already showed him what a small one with front end loader can do. Now that he seen the great job they did plowing yesterday, he's talking about which fields we should plow next time! :D
Next year I plan to have it sooner to avoid the cold!
  • powerking56, MH81, Texas Deere and Horse and 6 others have said thanks

#396 MH81 OFFLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,315 Thanks
  • 28,632 posts

Posted October 28, 2012 - 09:39 AM

So very happy for you it was a success. Also glad your Dad had a good time.
Hey, did Dad get any Seat Time? He'd be hooked for sure if he did.

#397 ducky ONLINE  

ducky

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 564
  • 1,630 Thanks
  • 3,870 posts

Posted October 28, 2012 - 09:45 AM

This will be on my to do list for next year. Glad all had a great time and the weather did not poo on the day. I would like to thank Danial and his entire family for hosting such a great time for all that were able to attend.

#398 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,650 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted October 28, 2012 - 09:49 AM

Dad had no desire to drive one, but he was tempted to put our 5 bottom on one of the MF2745's & show us how it's done! LOL
Gotta head out to Josh's house to restore his shed & round up my tractors.
  • HDWildBill and twostep have said thanks

#399 MH81 OFFLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,315 Thanks
  • 28,632 posts

Posted October 28, 2012 - 09:59 AM

If he ever gets the itch to try it, just make sure it's a RED one. :rolling:

#400 Robert Webb OFFLINE  

Robert Webb

• Member No: 6780
  • 878 Thanks
  • 419 posts

Posted October 28, 2012 - 10:14 AM

Daniel...............first and foremost........THANKS for putting out effort to put on this event!!!!!!!!!!! Second.....thanks for talking me out of staying at home. I was still pretty skeptical Friday afternoon when we arrived and it was still raining. I know that I had a good time and I am looking forward to coming back again next year. This event will definitely have a permanent place on my "plowing schedule" in the future. Despite the cold weather and wind, it was still a good event. With that ground being NO Till ground until now, it will only get better each year.

Now if you could get all of those "off color" tractors to spend as much time in the field plowing as the GREEN Machines did, you could get that whole field plowed! lol

I got home last night about midnite but was well worth the drive!

THANKS AGAIN

"The Cookie Monster"
Robert

p.s. As long as I am employed at Nabisco and coming to your plow day, you can count on the cookies and crackers being supplied!
  • olcowhand, Grumpy, Texas Deere and Horse and 2 others have said thanks

#401 johndeereelfman OFFLINE  

johndeereelfman

Elfin Majic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3761
  • 5,480 Thanks
  • 2,535 posts

Posted October 28, 2012 - 10:32 AM

p.s. As long as I am employed at Nabisco and coming to your plow day, you can count on the cookies and crackers being supplied!

Well, I guess I can't attend your plow day Daniel. Can't have any competition in the cookie and cracker business! LOL Although, we both like John Deere, so maybe Nabisco and Keebler could get along for at least a day!

Edited by johndeereelfman, October 28, 2012 - 10:33 AM.

• olcowhand and Texas Deere and Horse have said thanks

#402 HowardsMF155 OFFLINE  

HowardsMF155

Tractorholic

• Member No: 4243
  • 2,699 Thanks
  • 2,916 posts

Posted October 28, 2012 - 10:51 AM

Dad had no desire to drive one, but he was tempted to put our 5 bottom on one of the MF2745's & show us how it's done! LOL

I think if he had, everyone would have enjoyed the show. If you are into turning dirt, sometimes it just doesn't matter how it is done!
  • Chuck_050382 said thank you

#403 Chuck_050382 OFFLINE  

Chuck_050382

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 32
  • 267 Thanks
  • 1,498 posts

Posted October 28, 2012 - 10:58 AM

I think if he had, everyone would have enjoyed the show. If you are into turning dirt, sometimes it just doesn't matter how it is done!

I agree, I like to watch videos of plow on YouTube, all size tractors.

#404 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,710 Thanks
  • 8,563 posts

Posted October 28, 2012 - 12:11 PM

With all the interest everyone was showing on here it had to be a great event, just if the weather would clear. I'm so glad everyone had such a good time. A big thank you to Daniel and his family for putting this on and for all those that attended. Now you have this old city boy thinking about turning some dirt. Maybe next year someone teach me how it's done. :D
  • olcowhand said thank you

#405 Lauber1 OFFLINE  

Lauber1

DB restorer

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4926
  • 3,456 Thanks
  • 2,801 posts

Posted October 28, 2012 - 12:26 PM

Daniel...............first and foremost........THANKS for putting out effort to put on this event!!!!!!!!!!! Second.....thanks for talking me out of staying at home. I was still pretty skeptical Friday afternoon when we arrived and it was still raining. I know that I had a good time and I am looking forward to coming back again next year. This event will definitely have a permanent place on my "plowing schedule" in the future. Despite the cold weather and wind, it was still a good event. With that ground being NO Till ground until now, it will only get better each year.

Now if you could get all of those "off color" tractors to spend as much time in the field plowing as the GREEN Machines did, you could get that whole field plowed! lol

I got home last night about midnite but was well worth the drive!

THANKS AGAIN

"The Cookie Monster"
Robert

You know that was a funny thing, i got there Friday about 6pm and it was raining a little, didnt see no one around so i went back up town and had supper at the Hodgenville Grill(great pie by the way), then went back out to the site and went to sleep. About 3 times during the nite it just poured rain for about 10 mins. Next morning(5:30) i was up when the old cowhand got there and started moving tractors and making the coffee. There was water standing in the driveway, and it didnt look good, but i went vback to town, got fuel and MickyD's, and finally at 8 it got light enough to see something. Dan made a round and slid around a little, but could plow, so i unload and plowed a couple rounds. Never got cold with the walking tractor. The wet grass was my biggest problem, as i didnt bring any wheel weights and the left tire was doing a burnout and made the tractor run sideways. By mid afternoon my mag had started an oil leaking behind it, but only if the engine was tipped in the furrow, so i called it done.

I remember seeing a guy driving a Deere, wearing this bright orange coat. I figured it was so when he broke down we could see him better with the green tractor hiding in the grass. Oh and peanut butter crackers are the best.

Next yr there will be more walking tractors at the show, and maybe we can have a plowing contest with them. There were at least a couple of other guys who said they wished they would have brought one this yr after watching mine work.
  • olcowhand, AcreFarm, Texas Deere and Horse and 2 others have said thanks