• Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,652 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted May 01, 2012 - 08:49 AM

444 miles is a long way but I would love to put another notch in the belt on different states Ive plowed in. Hopefully we can work something out. The only bad thing is that this conflicts with the plow day at Mayfield Dairy in Athens TN. This is their 3rd annual. I was able to make it to the 1st, and last years got rained out. If things work out though, Id love to come and be a part of the 1st annual Ball Hollow Plow Day. Good luck with coordinating it.

Whats the soil like up there?

Hope you can make it. My soil varies, but it's heavy soil, and can get hard from silage equipment compaction. But my GT's plow it easy.

#17 Chuck_050382 OFFLINE  

Chuck_050382

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 32
  • 267 Thanks
  • 1,498 posts

Posted May 01, 2012 - 09:46 AM

But my GT's plow it easy.

But how does a regular person's GT plow it? Since most of yours are far from typical. (meant in the best way possible)

#18 ducky ONLINE  

ducky

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 564
  • 1,631 Thanks
  • 3,870 posts

Posted May 01, 2012 - 10:01 AM

Daniel
I have you on my calendar. 568 miles for me.
Lets get a bit closer to the date before I give a definite maybe.

#19 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

Ryan313

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7087
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted May 01, 2012 - 10:48 AM

I wish I could make it, but I can't. Its probably close to 900 miles away from me.

#20 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,652 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted May 01, 2012 - 12:34 PM

I have a feeling there will be a good turnout. I was at my Southern States Coop this morning getting supplies, and Dewey, the manager told me he'd give something for/toward door prizes. I'll hit up other businesses before time & hopefully have many small door prizes. I know a 5 to $10 door prize isn't much if you drove a few hundred miles round trip, but anything is better than nothing! I am going to make up some GTTALK decals and everyone will get one....unless I underestimate & run out. WARNING....anyone that arrives early & has experience with managing a plow day may get volunteered to help! LOL

#21 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,652 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted May 01, 2012 - 02:48 PM

But how does a regular person's GT plow it? Since most of yours are far from typical. (meant in the best way possible)

I've plowed easily with a stock MF1650 with no added weights or fluid...stock Kohler K341. Any of you guys should plow here fine, even with smaller GT's. Now 2 bottoms will give a good hard pull in places.

#22 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted May 01, 2012 - 08:35 PM

That Saturday just happens to be my anniversary. My wife and I will celebrate 17 years this fall! I'd love to come down, finally meet you, and get to turn some ground! She said that she is amenable to having that be our getaway. (Man I sure do love her!) We'll just have to see what the year brings and if we'll have the funds to make the trip. Its 456 miles for us.

#23 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted May 01, 2012 - 08:44 PM

Daniel, I think the site can donate a couple of shirts and hats towards a raffle to help raise money for the plow day.
  • olcowhand said thank you

#24 AcreFarm OFFLINE  

AcreFarm

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 54
  • 109 Thanks
  • 359 posts

Posted May 01, 2012 - 08:54 PM

Dan, I would love to load up a Simp or 2 and head your way. I cannot give you a definite 'yes' right now... heck, at this point I don't even know if I'll make Evansville or not.
If we can swing it, Julie & I will be there

#25 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,652 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted May 01, 2012 - 09:07 PM

Dan, I would love to load up a Simp or 2 and head your way. I cannot give you a definite 'yes' right now... heck, at this point I don't even know if I'll make Evansville or not.
If we can swing it, Julie & I will be there

I hope you can make it Dan, but you can only do your best. Most times life dictates what we can & cannot do.

#26 grand OFFLINE  

grand

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8
  • 1,632 Thanks
  • 1,909 posts

Posted May 03, 2012 - 08:24 PM

I have a feeling there will be a good turnout. I was at my Southern States Coop this morning getting supplies, and Dewey, the manager told me he'd give something for/toward door prizes. I'll hit up other businesses before time & hopefully have many small door prizes. I know a 5 to $10 door prize isn't much if you drove a few hundred miles round trip, but anything is better than nothing! I am going to make up some GTTALK decals and everyone will get one....unless I underestimate & run out. WARNING....anyone that arrives early & has experience with managing a plow day may get volunteered to help! LOL

I think you should have a good turnout Daniel. We have about a 630 mile one way trip to your Plow Day. The fact that so many folks are already considering attending even with long driving distances shows how much we appreciate your contributions to the site and our desire to show support.

#27 Lauber1 OFFLINE  

Lauber1

DB restorer

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4926
  • 3,456 Thanks
  • 2,801 posts

Posted June 18, 2012 - 12:07 AM

Ok, my wife says if i go plowing in kantuke' , then she's coming along too. Just got the engine running on the Might Man, so if it passes the next couple of tests, i'll be bringing a good sized walker for plowing. Going to need an unloading dock or something as this tractors heavy and dont have a reverser on it.

#28 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,489 Thanks
  • 39,723 posts

Posted June 18, 2012 - 06:32 AM

Daniel has that big loader that can lift it out of the bed. I'm sure if you bring it, he'll get it on the ground for you!

#29 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,652 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted June 18, 2012 - 08:38 AM

Ok, my wife says if i go plowing in kantuke' , then she's coming along too. Just got the engine running on the Might Man, so if it passes the next couple of tests, i'll be bringing a good sized walker for plowing. Going to need an unloading dock or something as this tractors heavy and dont have a reverser on it.

Keep me informed about you coming and we'll do something. We have a bank next to the road we likely could just walk it right off at. The payloader bucket isn't very deep. But we'll get you unloaded safe & sound, one way or another!

#30 sacsr OFFLINE  

sacsr

Bush Hog Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4776
  • 3,268 Thanks
  • 3,283 posts

Posted June 18, 2012 - 10:43 AM

Wish I could come......but two 700 plus miles on way trips in the same year is just not in the cards. Great to meet you in person and look forward to the time our paths cross again. Will be waiting impatiently for the pictures y'all take at the plow day. :laughingteeth:
Make sure you get pictures of ALL of the bush hogs there......please.