3 replies to this topic

#1 Revredneck OFFLINE  

Revredneck

• Member No: 695
  • 0 Thanks
  • 6 posts

Posted June 24, 2010 - 04:35 PM

Hi all,
I'm new to the site and to antique garden tractors and have some questions. I just acquired a Bready walk behind with a Clinton engine on it. Is there anything special I need to know about it? Where is the best place to find parts, particularly rings and gaskets? It has a good, strong spark, but not much compression.
Does anyone have a way to interpret the numbers on the engine? It's 1 1/2 hp with a gear reduction unit.
Good Luck and God Bless

#2 powerking56 OFFLINE  

powerking56

Collector of stuff

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 359
  • 907 Thanks
  • 1,805 posts

Posted June 25, 2010 - 05:16 AM

Post your numbers and a couple pics and we'll see what we can do for you, I have 1 Clinton dealer parts book that may help. Ebay is a good source for Clinton parts. Will check on one source I used to use to see if he is still out there.
Peter

#3 Revredneck OFFLINE  

Revredneck

• Member No: 695
  • 0 Thanks
  • 6 posts

Posted August 05, 2010 - 01:15 PM

Thanks Peter. My engine is model 702ABR6. I found a reprint of a manual, but all the part numbers are old, 4 digit numbers. I need to cross to later numbers, particularly for a crankshaft. My book calls for #3803, and I've found one on e-bay with #46-226 that looks like it may fit, but no one seems to know what it fits (it's a lot cheaper than having my old one re-ground). Any help at all would be great.
Thanks.

#4 powerking56 OFFLINE  

powerking56

Collector of stuff

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 359
  • 907 Thanks
  • 1,805 posts

Posted August 05, 2010 - 07:44 PM

The Clinton book I have lists the same 3803 crank part #. It does not appear to interchange with other crank #s. i would check with this fellow, he has been a good source of NOS Clinton parts and information. smithservice lawnmower tractor gas engine parts briggs and clinton
Peter