#1 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,664 Thanks
  • 6,480 posts

Posted April 26, 2012 - 10:43 PM

Couple years ago I bought a late model PK 3pt for plastic body rigs. The bottom arms were straight tho, and looke a lot like the metal PK's used. Rest was OK. Today I dug it out to blast and paint. Looking at the arms, seems they are pretty much same as the right ones, compared to my other PK, just not "dog-legged" bent out, like that one. I found orange paint on the straight arms when I blasted, so pretty sure they are the old style. Thinking of bending them or haveing them bent to match the shape of the newer style. What you think? They just don't look right and are really close to those big tires on the later PK's . Maybe that is why they were bent?

#2 dacheez17 OFFLINE  

dacheez17
  • Member No: 9663
  • 7 Thanks
  • 25 posts

Posted May 12, 2012 - 07:31 AM

They could've been bent for that reason, or someone could've carelessly backed up into something. I would try to keep them straight as the structural integrity is a lot stronger. If they need to be bent, then I'm sure they will be strong enough, just be careful. I'm a tightwad and don't like to spend a lot of money, so if I thought that I could get away with bending it or straightening it myself I would do just that. It would all depend on what type of chores you got.

#3 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,664 Thanks
  • 6,480 posts

Posted May 13, 2012 - 07:03 PM

Cheez, not bent from damage, just that way from factory on newer models. Here's couple shots I just took. So far thinking of leaving alone, not sure yet. Also shot of ones off my Speedex, just for fun! One in primer is the one in question. Rusty one is the orig style. One of those IS bent up and straightened, then one of good arm same tractor. Color one is from Speedex, again with offset arms. Those are Cat 1 tho, someone has made those fit that tractor.

Attached Thumbnails

• IM000040.JPG
  • IM000041.JPG
  • IM000042.JPG
  • IM000043.JPG

Edited by glgrumpy, May 13, 2012 - 07:05 PM.

#4 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted May 13, 2012 - 10:31 PM

Grumpy, Are the mounting points on the new and old tractors the same distance apart? They may be bent to allow them to be more in a straight line with the tractor. There was a reason for them to be bent from the factory.

#5 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,322 Thanks
  • 28,640 posts

Posted May 13, 2012 - 10:34 PM

Is there much chance of hitting the tires? If not, and you like the look of the straight, keep 'em that way. As mentioned above, they will be less apt to suffer from over-use that way.