Garden Tractor Forums banner

Getting My Mf12 Tomorrow

4K views 56 replies 14 participants last post by  chris m 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Sounds like a good deal to me. Good luck with it!

Reactions: chris m
#4 ·
Welcome to MF world Chris.
Good to have you aboard. That looks like a pretty fair deal you got there.
I hope all goes well with Uship.
As far as those bezels go, If I had one, (which I do) I wouldn't give it up.
GTreproductions makes them. I think there is a link in the stickies.

Lokkin forward to seeing your new treasure.

#12 ·
Sweet shipping quote

Ya, I put $134 in my PU yesterday and it will need it again when I get back from CCC's plow day at Ft Allen this weekend. They are talking iffy weather now for Sat. but I'm still planning on going...I NEED MY FIX !!

#14 ·
Ok I got her! I will take pictures soon. So far I checked the numbers looks like a 1968 not a 1966. It is model MF 12, Ser# 1446 504 430. I am taking it that the 504430 is the number to look up. The tractor needs a few things. seat, steering wheel (kinda broken up) lights and bezel. Engine needs a carb and voltage regulator. The sheet metal was all sand blasted and primed by the PO. only thing that wasn't was the seat pan, but it is in good shape. Ok time to go play.

#17 ·
OK, Here are some pictures. If you see anything I might need let me know. This is my 1st MF and 1st Hydro. Thanks Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle
Tire Wheel Plant Automotive tire Motor vehicle
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle
Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle Tire Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle
Wheel Crankset Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bicycle tire
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Gas Rim Engineering
Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle Asphalt Automotive design
Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Tread

Attachments

#20 ·
Not sure yet. Need to look at the parts books.I do know the deck is all apart and pieces are in a box,he said it needed bearings in a spindle, but I also notice it is missing all the spindle pulleys.The blower looks like it needs something else on it to mount up, and it is missing the shoot angle rod(seems like all blowers loose that part) I'll research tonight and work on it tomorrow. It is so windy and cold here today and tonight we are going to be in the 20's.

#21 ·
If you happen to know of someone with parts let me know. List is getting longer already LOL. Steering wheel, headlights, headlight bezel,carb, voltage regulator,plastic dash,mower deck spindle pulleys.
I will rig up a carb 1st to see if the engine is any good. If not, I will do a repower with a 12hp Kohler that I have. Has anyone ever put a Kohler in a MF yet?

#42 ·
I think IHCubguy did a thread about a Massey he had with multiple holes and it turned out one set of holes worked for a Kohler. He indicated it turned out well, though at this time I don't remember seeing any pictures.

#22 ·
This is the main bracket that is usually missing for the blower mount.
Wood Orange Rectangle Motor vehicle Art
Furniture Table Wood Gas Chair
Wood Chair Art Tints and shades Handle

Mounted on my 12
Wheel Tire Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle
Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Agricultural machinery Tire

Sometimes its best to buy a second parts tractor and make the best 1 of the 2.

Attachments

#23 ·
I sent the listing person a note to please delete it from the classifieds!

#27 ·
Chris, That looks like an even better deal than the original photos showed. I've never been close to a MF ( well GT size), it looks pretty stout. What is the little round black knob on the tunnel flat between the foot rests for? It reminds me of a creeper on a Cub. I tried to figure it from the bottom side photo, but my eyes are just too tired to follow the details...

#43 ·
Ok Update. I Put a carb on it today to test it out, I also took the flywheel and SSI unit off, cleaned everything good, installed it all and set the air gap at .008. hooked up all temp wiring to test it out. I put the carb on choke and it fired off as if it had never stopped running. I was so excited to see her run!!!!!!!!! I didn't even have to change the settings on my mixture screws. I then hoped on to test the Hydro, I couldn't believe it!!! It goes so smooth in both gears!!! (Can you tell I am Happy) Anyway, I have driven the thing around for about 30 minutes and Stopped it and restarted probably 50 times, and it fires right off every time!!! Oh did I say that it had NOOOO smoke coming out of the exaust at all!!! and no oil blowing out of the breather hose. After driving it, this is now my Favorite Tractor!!! Thanks for letting me ramble on.

#45 ·
Ok Update. I Put a carb on it today to test it out, I also took the flywheel and SSI unit off, cleaned everything good, installed it all and set the air gap at .008. hooked up all temp wiring to test it out. I put the carb on choke and it fired off as if it had never stopped running. I was so excited to see her run!!!!!!!!! I didn't even have to change the settings on my mixture screws. I then hoped on to test the Hydro, I couldn't believe it!!! It goes so smooth in both gears!!! (Can you tell I am Happy) Anyway, I have driven the thing around for about 30 minutes and Stopped it and restarted probably 50 times, and it fires right off every time!!! Oh did I say that it had NOOOO smoke coming out of the exaust at all!!! and no oil blowing out of the breather hose. After driving it, this is now my Favorite Tractor!!! Thanks for letting me ramble on.
I don't know man, I think you should put it in the back somewhere out of sight, cover it up with a tarp, give me your address and I'll be by to pick it up for ya.

Good Stuff sounds like you got a good one.

#44 ·
WooHoo! Got a running tractor to play with. Good luck, Chris!

#46 ·
Can you believe it ran like a champ with a carb I rebuilt from a 7hp tecumseh.(stole it form my snowblower LOL) Now I need to find the right carb,so far in searching there seems to be no replacement for the original one.So if anyone has a junk on I can rebuild let me know. thanks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.