2 replies to this topic

#1 PaPasTractor OFFLINE  

PaPasTractor
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 9237
  • 197 Thanks
  • 158 posts

Posted April 26, 2012 - 01:18 PM

Greeting Friends, First off, I want to extend my thanks to everyone for your help and quick replies. I think we should nickname this group the "RRG" ( rapid reply group) :rofl2: I thought it would be easier to open a new thread and catch all of you at once with my THANKS. All your imput has been great.

After posting I did some more research and found some info on this. I think it has been narrowed to the "static" thing, although I will check ground wires and other connections this weekend. The article recommends the use of "Static Gaurd" spray applied to the seats and the carpet area around the pedals. Apply this every 2 months and it should resolve the problem.

Thanks again for your help and I will post at a later date to let all of you know if it works or not. Dave
  • HDWildBill and chris m have said thanks

#2 chris m OFFLINE  

chris m

Tractorholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8148
  • 3,277 Thanks
  • 4,033 posts

Posted April 26, 2012 - 03:10 PM

Can we have hats and shirts made up for our group? :laughingteeth: Static guard sounds like a good idea, will be looking forward to your follow up about how that works.

#3 Wayne195 OFFLINE  

Wayne195
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 9618
  • 30 Thanks
  • 27 posts

Posted April 26, 2012 - 05:44 PM

Glad we could help! The static problem is what I figure it would be, but it puzzles me a bit because we have three vehicles that are parked outdoors all the time and we never have problems getting shocked.

Edited by Wayne195, April 26, 2012 - 05:44 PM.