Garden Tractor Forums banner
3K views 35 replies 12 participants last post by  AC.Bolens88 
#1 ·
hey guys im new to this site. iv owned this tractor all my life and the last 7 years its bin sitting at a friends house outside. i really want to restore it. but problem is i dont even know what kind of bolens it is.. ive seen some 900's and 1000's that look similar but im not sure. i dont even know what year it is.. if you guys could help me out that would be awesome
thx guys

Attachments

See less See more
#12 ·
Judging by the steering wheel and clutch pedal , it looks like something in the hundred series, like a 800,900 or 1000
I do know one thing, if your going to keep the big block briggs in, your going to have to raise the hood and dash 3 inches, cut the edge of the instrument panel down and put a smaller steering wheel on. I put a big briggs10 in one of my worker tractors years ago.
It has awesome power, the briggs has a longer stroke than the wisconsin, haven't tried a kohler in one yet.

#18 ·
Welcome aboard 'Newb88',I haven't been around long but I'm learning more everyday!You seem to have some valuable things: passion and willingness,as far as the rest,the Guys here will likely help fill in the blanks.My early guess is,(once you get positive ID)you may soon be on the road to scout a good deal on another GT to make your baby whole again.Investigate and stay calm throughout.Good luck!

#28 ·
It is pouring down rain here at our place but I still went out to check the seat pans on my 900 and 1000. I thought they were the same because I had just switched seats to go to Plow Day. Obviously that was not the clue we should have followed. Once again Brian proves that he has a keen eye when it comes to pictures. Good work Brian.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.