• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Russ OFFLINE  

Russ

• Member No: 8191
  • 131 Thanks
  • 367 posts

Posted April 25, 2012 - 07:39 AM

Just wondering if anybody would know how much weight a Ford 195 can lift up in the back ??? I know I can pick up a good size phone pole at 10ft long with the front of my 195 an had chains wrap around it with the snowplow but not use the back lift at all,, I just don't want to over due it an was just wondering if anybody knew for sure or about how much a 195 can handle,, An also would anybody know if I should take the snowplow off before I start lifting stuff with the back,,, Just thought I would ask,, I will be putting up some vidio's as I do stuff if I can put em on here,,,,

#2 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted April 25, 2012 - 09:53 AM

I'm not sure about how much you could lift on the back. You may be better off to use some weight on the front end when lifting heavy weights with the 3pt. I had a dirt scoop on my x475 and made a cement weight that i picked up with the front hitch to keep the front end weighted down. Heres a photo of the weight. it was about 200lbs and helped a lot.

125_2576.jpg
  • Russ said thank you

#3 skyrydr2 ONLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5032
  • 3,418 Thanks
  • 3,165 posts

Posted April 25, 2012 - 10:54 AM

The rig should lift about 500# , but may be hydraulicly limited to less with the valve relief setting . Remember; you only have a maximum 800 psi from the charge pump.
  • Russ said thank you

#4 Russ OFFLINE  

Russ

• Member No: 8191
  • 131 Thanks
  • 367 posts

Posted April 25, 2012 - 11:01 AM

Hey thanks guys,,, Thats some good imfo for me,,, An my 195 is pretty heavy up front an when I do pick up anything then it will be close to my back wheels so the weight will be mainly on the back tires so that will help some,, But if I have a prob then I will add weight to the front,,,