• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,271 Thanks
  • 28,607 posts

Posted April 24, 2012 - 11:11 AM

While doing some research to figure out what all was needed to mount the 3 point to a David Bradley 4 wheel like my 725, I discovered that the bracket I needed to make didn't look much like the Roper style at all.

bracket close back.jpg bracket rear.jpg bracket lr.jpg bracket rr.jpg bracket top.jpg

While the arms, lift assembly, etc is all compatible, the lower points had to be in some to not interfere with the optional hand brake attachment. It also has to be slightly offset to get the lift arms centered behind the tractor.

bracket.png bracket2.png bracket1.png

I'm going to put these into one PDF & upload them to the manuals later, but at least they're here for people wanting to plow with their DB Suburbans

#2 Lauber1 OFFLINE  

Lauber1

DB restorer

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4926
  • 3,440 Thanks
  • 2,796 posts

Posted April 24, 2012 - 11:49 AM

The lower mount on a Roper is a rod that goes though the slanted cover plate, on a DB its a bracket bent to go around the open rear case. This bracket only fits on one way properly, and has an oval shaped hole on one side. There seemed to be a problem with this item early on as DB sent out a service paper showing the correct way to mount them. Later on they welded the mount to the hitching part so you couldnt install it wrong. There were at least 4 differnt 3pts made over the yrs, only 2 of them have a model and and tag. The changes seem to be mostly in the lifting handle bends, and later in the size of the materials used to make them. There was also an extention made to attach on the handle to give you more leverage in lifting.

If you had a roto=spader, it came with its own type of 3pt arms and you used the rest of the tractors unit. If you had a hay rake, you had to take off all the 3pt and use the special mounts that came with it, one of which was another lower bracket with a sloted hole on one side. I think the slot was more for being able to see which side the bracket needed to go on, than any functioning thing.
  • MH81 said thank you

#3 PaPasTractor OFFLINE  

PaPasTractor
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 9237
  • 197 Thanks
  • 158 posts

Posted April 24, 2012 - 12:03 PM

Hi MH81, Great drawings on the bracket. Easy to read and follow. The only thing I couldn't find is the thickness measurement for the 1 1/2" bar stock. Someone fabricating this would need to know that. Thanks, Dave
  • MH81 said thank you

#4 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,271 Thanks
  • 28,607 posts

Posted April 24, 2012 - 04:19 PM

Hi MH81, Great drawings on the bracket. Easy to read and follow. The only thing I couldn't find is the thickness measurement for the 1 1/2" bar stock. Someone fabricating this would need to know that. Thanks, Dave

Wow, you're right. I had it in the one picture, but deleted it as it kinda cluttered the drawing where I had it. It's supposed to say 3/8" thick.
I edited the first drawing & added the measurement. Thanks for catching that!

#5 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,418 Thanks
  • 39,668 posts

Posted April 25, 2012 - 05:49 AM

Looks good, Alan. Glad to see some else using sketchup to get their ideas across. Good luck with it!
  • MH81 said thank you

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: david bradley 725, 3 point