#1 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,658 Thanks
  • 6,470 posts

Posted April 23, 2012 - 10:35 PM

Bought a 1614 PK off epay with-out motor. Was in CT and with help from PK fellas we finally got it home to IN today! Darn thing is pretty nice looking plastic body parts. Best looking of the three I now have. I'm gonna put the engine, wheels and some small items from my one worst tractor with driveline problems over to this unit. I think it will be nice one, long as it's driveline is OK. It's still in there, just won't know condition till I get engine in to run it.

#2 Alc ONLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,449 Thanks
  • 6,616 posts

Posted April 24, 2012 - 05:39 AM

Great news ! . You just don't hear much about the fiberglass ones , Will be looking forward to pictures and your progress , Al

#3 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

Ryan313

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7087
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted April 24, 2012 - 03:02 PM

I'm glad its finally home! I hope that the driveline is in good working condition. How about some pics?

#4 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 6,658 Thanks
  • 6,470 posts

Posted April 26, 2012 - 12:10 AM

Got the wheels swapped out on new rig. ON another one like it, I now have the 4:00 x 12 Tri-bar tires on painted wheels I just cleaned up. New choke cable, part way done with new steering tube to st.wheel from box. With those new tires on front and ags on back, lookin' like a REAL tractor now! Still having gas feed problem, but think it is the carb now. Today, played with choke to keep going, and after a minute it started to run normal! Bud did die a little later, durn! Gonna pull carb and clean. I'm going to take my 18hp twin from parts tractor and put in this new rig, probly tommorrow. Not sure when I will get it all hooked up and running, but should be soon. Working on about 4 projects at a time while I'm off work this week. Getting quite a bit done, and some on house chores too to please Mama!

#5 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 6,658 Thanks
  • 6,470 posts

Posted May 01, 2012 - 11:50 AM

PK has the engine in and running good! Tried driving and pulled in 1st and 2nd, but not in 3 and 4. Drove around some and 3 and 4 started to catch on more I drove it. Won't pull up a grade very well in high gears....So.... guess the clutch is bad and slipping. Gonna drive around and play some more and see if anything changes. 3pt is back on it, decided to leave straight arms, then again may bend them, can't decide really. Now gotta get back to my other one and get it working again. I changed driveshaft in it and now won't start with key. I can cross selonoid and starts right up, just not the key. Must have bumped a wire on safety switch or ?

#6 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

Ryan313

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted May 01, 2012 - 12:56 PM

You probably have a safety switch problem. When my dad and I swapped the transaxle in my cub a few years ago we forgot to hook up the safety switch on the clutch pedal. We had to jump it with another battery to start it for a week or two before we saw the wire dangling below the frame.

#7 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 6,658 Thanks
  • 6,470 posts

Posted May 01, 2012 - 08:11 PM

Was a ground wire that was once on the batt tray. I pulled tray to paint, and didn't get it back on. Works fine now!

#8 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

Ryan313

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted May 01, 2012 - 08:15 PM

Im glad it was something simple, I figured it was probably something that just got overlooked. Its happened to me many times.