6 replies to this topic

#1 broken2 OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 85
  • 279 Thanks
  • 425 posts

Posted June 23, 2010 - 08:18 PM

I just picked up a 1972 MF12 Saturday, 500mi round trip. I paid $257 for it off ebay. It runs & drives good. It has factory headlights, taillight and lift hitch. It came with a very nice condition 630 dozer blade and a very solid, no rot deck. The deck is bent in a couple spots but will straighten out nice. The tires on it are firestone turf & garden, they look to be original but I don't know. I thought I saw some literature somewhere that showed these as an option but I can't find it, does anyone know? Also another cool feature on this tractor is that it originally had the power lift option. According to my mf12 parts book there were two versions of the power lift, one had a belt driven hydraulic pump and the other had a electric hydro pump attached to the cylinder. This tractor had the electric pump version. The pump/cylinder is missing and a manual lift arm has been put in its place. You can see in some of the pictures there is a stud sticking out of the deck hanger bracket next to the lift arm for the cylinder/pump to mount to. The switch for the lift on the dash, solenoid and wiring are still there. I would like to return it to power lift, I'll have to do some research. The parts book only shows the cylinder/pump itself, it doesn't show how it mounts to where the lift arm is. If anyone can give me any info on this I would appreciate it. The tractor is in really nice shape with very little rust or wear. When I get a chance I will disassemble it, clean it up, repair/replace what it needs and go threw it mechanically. The paint looks to be all original except for part of the battery box and some white paint that must have splashed on it. It is scraped/worn in many places but I think I'm going to leave it that way unless I see some parts that need protection from corrosion. I have other tractors that have already been molested that I'm going to restore but being that this one is in mostly original I think I like it that way.

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC01586..jpg
  • DSC01584..jpg
  • DSC01587..jpg
  • DSC01582..jpg
  • DSC01583..jpg
  • DSC01567..jpg
  • DSC01580..jpg
  • DSC01588..jpg
  • DSC01591..jpg
  • DSC01585..jpg

#2 fordmustang1984 OFFLINE  

• Member No: 27
  • 23 Thanks
  • 428 posts

Posted June 23, 2010 - 08:44 PM

Wow, thats a clean tractor, and nice score with that lift. I'm sure someone has a pic of the lift. There was an MF10 on ebay with that option a couple months ago.

#3 olcowhand ONLINE  

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,190 Thanks
  • 29,679 posts

Posted June 23, 2010 - 08:51 PM

Yes, a very good deal! Shame the pump/cylinder are missing. I do believe those tires were an option as I've seen too many with them for them not to have been factory option.

#4 chopperfreak2k1 OFFLINE  

• Member No: 300
  • 17 Thanks
  • 431 posts

Posted June 23, 2010 - 09:37 PM

nice lookin rig!

#5 Bill56 OFFLINE  

• Member No: 60
  • 839 Thanks
  • 2,179 posts

Posted June 24, 2010 - 06:20 AM

Very nice looking and a great price!! :bounce:

#6 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,441 Thanks
  • 17,085 posts

Posted June 24, 2010 - 06:58 AM

Great Looking tractor! :dancingbanana:

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,248 Thanks
  • 15,613 posts

Posted June 24, 2010 - 08:20 AM

Very nice catch :thumbs: Looks to be in real nice shape and it is awesome that it had the lift option. I will keep my eyes open for the cylinder for you. The cool thing is if you wanted to you could put and electric actuator on it and use the original switch to control it.

I love the tshirt by the way :worshippy1::rocker2: