• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 sodisr OFFLINE  

sodisr
  • Member No: 9153
  • 651 Thanks
  • 762 posts

Posted April 23, 2012 - 11:30 AM

Is it safe to say all tube frame attatchments are interchangeable..I have a large frame and there is a limited interchange on assesories,, like tillers--blowers... I sometimes see a whole tractor with att. for what I would have to pay for just a tiller attatchment for the lg. frame

I read a lot of the tube-frame topics and it seems people love them whats a good year ? 1050's-- 1254's ?? Thanks sodi..
  • Newpaws493 said thank you

#2 8tyman8 OFFLINE  

8tyman8

• GTt Junior
  • Member No: 5455
  • 414 Thanks
  • 731 posts

Posted April 23, 2012 - 12:52 PM

Is it safe to say all tube frame attatchments are interchangeable..I have a large frame and there is a limited interchange on assesories,, like tillers--blowers... I sometimes see a whole tractor with att. for what I would have to pay for just a tiller attatchment for the lg. frame

I read a lot of the tube-frame topics and it seems people love them whats a good year ? 1050's-- 1254's ?? Thanks sodi..

all the tube frames are good i dont like the newer ones after 75 for things such as thinner body metal engine quality/ and the old ones have 7/8 front spindles and the new ones have 3/4 but they are still good i try to stay away from Tecumseh engines but i love the Wisconsin engines and the briggs also i like the hydros 1225 1256 1456 h14 1556 1656 h16 also the tube frames have lockabe diffs unlike the LG frames except the proto type with the peerless.also something to keep in mind is to get the gear with the auto type clutch not the new ones with the belt and idler and attachments are widely available just the tube frames are lighter h16 weighs 680 # and slower but they are all good ...
cheers
8tyman8
  • sodisr said thank you

#3 Bolens 1000 OFFLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,684 Thanks
  • 17,204 posts

Posted April 23, 2012 - 01:27 PM

In general all the attachments are interchangeable from tube frame to tubeframe.
The only attachments that will not fit other models are the early attachments, like the mower decks, snow casters, and tillers on the 62-63 Husky 600 and 800.

Also keep in mind the HP as well, For example you would not want a 38'' snow caster used on a 6 HP Husky 650.

The most popular and "user friendly" would probably be the 1050,1053,1054,1256 In my opinion
  • sodisr said thank you

#4 OldBuzzard ONLINE  

OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 805
  • 6,482 Thanks
  • 4,634 posts

Posted April 23, 2012 - 02:05 PM

I have one large frame and 4 tube frames. Nothing wrong with the LF, but my "go to" tractor is a 1256.

The 1256 maybe the best of the bunch as for practicality. Enough hp to do just about anything you want, hydro trans, controlled differential, Wisconsin engine, and good parts availability.

If I had to get rid of all of my Bolens but one...I'd keep a 1256.

#5 wilberj OFFLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 51
  • 4,211 Thanks
  • 5,217 posts

Posted April 23, 2012 - 06:01 PM

What are you looking to do with large frame attatchments? I can better let you know what changes around.

#6 sodisr OFFLINE  

sodisr
  • Member No: 9153
  • 651 Thanks
  • 762 posts

Posted April 24, 2012 - 08:58 AM

tiller and snowcaster mainly... Like I posted,, I've seen whole tractors with attatchments for what the tiller goes for ,,for my large frame... Plus it would give me an excuse to buy another tractor :smilewink:

#7 Bruce Dorsi OFFLINE  

Bruce Dorsi

Old, but not dead -- yet!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1525
  • 3,173 Thanks
  • 2,144 posts

Posted April 24, 2012 - 12:12 PM

In general all the attachments are interchangeable from tube frame to tubeframe.
The only attachments that will not fit other models are the early attachments, like the mower decks, snow casters, and tillers on the 62-63 Husky 600 and 800.

Please refresh my memory, Brian, and correct any of my incorrect beliefs.

I am under the impression that all of the 32" snow caster attachments for the tube-frames would fit any of the tube-frames.. Other than the gold vs. yellow paint scheme, what was different with the early sno-casters? ......Obviously, a 32" sno-caster could be used on any tube-frame, but a 36" sno-caster was not recommended for the 6hp tractors. ......The wider snowblowers were used on higher-horsepower tractors having wider tires.

I also believe that the 22" tiller attachments were the same (except for paint color), with the 600's requiring a different length tiller driveshaft. ....If I remember correctly, the early tiller attachments were shipped with the driveshaft, while later attachments did not include the driveshaft, but required it to be purchased separately. .....The 25" tiller attachment was not recommended for the 6hp or 7hp tractors, but an 8" tine extension was available for the 22" tillers, as well as the 25" tiller.
  • Newpaws493 said thank you

#8 OldBuzzard ONLINE  

OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 805
  • 6,482 Thanks
  • 4,634 posts

Posted April 24, 2012 - 01:17 PM

Bruce, here's an attachment guide that will help you.

It's a lot more inclusive than the one in our D/L section. It covers everything from the Tube Frames to the Iseki Bolens models.

Attached Files

• Bruce Dorsi and Newpaws493 have said thanks

#9 Bruce Dorsi OFFLINE  

Bruce Dorsi

Old, but not dead -- yet!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1525
  • 3,173 Thanks
  • 2,144 posts

Posted April 24, 2012 - 03:36 PM

Thanks, O.B., I have seen that before, and I saved a copy.

However, the interchange does not explain what the differences are, in respect to my post above.

#10 Bolens 1000 OFFLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,684 Thanks
  • 17,204 posts

Posted April 24, 2012 - 07:32 PM

Please refresh my memory, Brian, and correct any of my incorrect beliefs.

I am under the impression that all of the 32" snow caster attachments for the tube-frames would fit any of the tube-frames.. Other than the gold vs. yellow paint scheme, what was different with the early sno-casters? ......Obviously, a 32" sno-caster could be used on any tube-frame, but a 36" sno-caster was not recommended for the 6hp tractors. ......The wider snowblowers were used on higher-horsepower tractors having wider tires.

You are correct that the early snow casters would bolt up to any of the tubeframes,
But The early Model Yellow and gold snow casters required a different length lift rod. There were also a few design flaws with the early models such as the augur being too far away from the back housing which would cause the snow to recirculate and not be thrown as far. I suppose you could fabricate a lift rod to fit if you really wanted to.

I also believe that the 22" tiller attachments were the same (except for paint color), with the 600's requiring a different length tiller driveshaft. ....If I remember correctly, the early tiller attachments were shipped with the driveshaft, while later attachments did not include the driveshaft, but required it to be purchased separately. .....The 25" tiller attachment was not recommended for the 6hp or 7hp tractors, but an 8" tine extension was available for the 22" tillers, as well as the 25" tiller.

Yes that is correct, Just the drive shaft length was different on early models.
I was not aware that the later tillers had you buy the shaft separately though. Thanks for the information on that.
  • Bruce Dorsi said thank you

#11 Newpaws493 OFFLINE  

Newpaws493
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 9454
  • 1,150 Thanks
  • 1,691 posts

Posted April 24, 2012 - 10:02 PM

Also keep in mind the HP as well, For example you would not want a 38'' snow caster used on a 6 HP Husky 650.

The most popular and "user friendly" would probably be the 1050,1053,1054,1256 In my opinion

It's a lot more inclusive than the one in our D/L section. It covers everything from the Tube Frames to the Iseki Bolens models.

Thanks for posting this and thanks to contributors

#12 1031d OFFLINE  

1031d

• Member No: 6821
  • 32 Thanks
  • 90 posts

Posted April 26, 2012 - 01:17 PM

Sodisr, come west on hwy 50 and buy my tube frame! 1053 with deck blower and blade!