#1 dogsoldier OFFLINE  

dogsoldier
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 9589
  • 316 Thanks
  • 490 posts

Posted April 22, 2012 - 09:20 AM

ill be getting a YT 16 H in the next few days and need a little info on it. i know its a hydro but am wondering how strong is it? also, how do you release pressure so you can push it with out it running? it needs a starter and a couple tires and will need to release pressure to put it on a trailer.
i also will be needing manuals for it but not sure which ones i will need from the list here.

#2 daytime dave OFFLINE  

daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531
  • 4,485 Thanks
  • 6,353 posts

Posted April 22, 2012 - 10:34 AM

dogsoldier, I have a YT18h. There is a pull out knob on the upper left side of the dash. That activates the lever that allows the hydro to be disconnected. Mine is busted and I had to unhook it under the tractor. The lever is next to the right side rear wheel. I held it in place with a pair of vice grips.

As far as how strong it is, I don't have the deck on mine, it is waiting for repair. I use mine to pull a wagon at harvest time and any other pulling job. Engine is strong and hydro seems ok. I am finding available attachments anything but available.

#3 dogsoldier OFFLINE  

dogsoldier
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 316 Thanks
  • 490 posts

Posted April 22, 2012 - 10:57 AM

thanks dave
the pull out knob is there but must be broke. the guy that im getting it from wasnt sure how to use it. he told me it is to be pulled out then turned. that seemed strange to me after looking at the type of cable it has. when i go get it ,ill jack it up and release it from the under side.
it has a deck so that will be a good thing since ill be mowing with it and will try to find a snow plow for it and use it in the winter

#4 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,414 Thanks
  • 39,663 posts

Posted April 22, 2012 - 04:31 PM

Mike, I have the Operators Manual, Service Manual, Wiring schematic and no sure what else that I just downloaded from elsewhere. I don't think I can e-mail them, too big. Have you ever used Dropbox? Some of these manuals are in parts (1,2,3,etc.) I need to get Open Office on this computer so I can put them back together and upload here. If you want to try e-mail, send me a PM with your address.

#5 dogsoldier OFFLINE  

dogsoldier
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 316 Thanks
  • 490 posts

Posted April 22, 2012 - 05:28 PM

thanks kenny
i have dropbox if you want to do it that way. i havent used it in a long time and forgot about it.

#6 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,414 Thanks
  • 39,663 posts

Posted April 22, 2012 - 06:26 PM

That will work, if I can figure out how to put them in there. LOL I've only used it to download files, not upload!

#7 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,414 Thanks
  • 39,663 posts

Posted April 22, 2012 - 06:50 PM

I have them uploading. I sent you a PM. Notification will be at the top right by your username, the open envelope.

#8 dogsoldier OFFLINE  

dogsoldier
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 316 Thanks
  • 490 posts

Posted April 30, 2012 - 07:33 PM

just got back from taking the guy that has the YT 16H some money and got a couple pics of it.
they are not the best pics but here they are. i took them with my droid phone.

2012-04-30_19-04-45_601.jpg

2012-04-30_19-05-24_704.jpg

ill post better pics when i get it home