#1 coopduc OFFLINE  

coopduc

• Member No: 4419
  • 0 Thanks
  • 27 posts

Posted April 21, 2012 - 09:23 PM

Loader on ebay?
http://www.ebay.com/...984.m1423.l2649

If so, I'd like to know how you like it. I was considering building something similar, using tractor front hydraulics.

#2 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,653 Thanks
  • 29,841 posts

Posted April 21, 2012 - 09:33 PM

If you build one, I advise using heavier metal. Those arms, etc are awfully narrow & will have flex/twist with heavy loads. I used 2x3" almost 1/8" thick....no flex. The last thing you want is an arm to give way while you have a heavy load on.

#3 coopduc OFFLINE  

coopduc

• Member No: 4419
  • 0 Thanks
  • 27 posts

Posted April 21, 2012 - 10:09 PM

That was one question I had. Another was why such a long distance between the front of the tractor and the bucket. I think this distance should be as short as possible to minimize the weight transfer off the rear wheels.

#4 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted April 21, 2012 - 11:33 PM

The way they have the bucket tilt cylinder is why it is so far forward of the tractor. The way the pictures look and the position the bucket tilt cylinder is in it looks like it would almost bind when trying to dump the bucket. Almost like it is cam locked in position or something.

#5 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted April 22, 2012 - 06:02 AM

That was one question I had. Another was why such a long distance between the front of the tractor and the bucket. I think this distance should be as short as possible to minimize the weight transfer off the rear wheels.

The geometry of the loader is very important and the front wheels to bucket distance does look long on that loader. I agree it should be as close as possible but one advantage to having it way out there like that is that it will allow you a lot of over travel. In other words you can lower the bucket further below ground level. This can be handy for digging. One example of this is the JD 200cx loader that fits both the 2x20 series and the 2305. On my 2320 this loader sits much tighter to the front wheels when the bucket is on the ground . The 2305 bucket can go something like 9" below grade where the same loader on the 2320 is 3 or 4 inches. I think the loader is about 6" further from the wheels on a 2305. It's also lighter, narrower and has a wheelbase at least 6" shorter. This IMO makes it less stable when carrying a load than the larger tractor. The assumption that most people make is that the 2305 should be more stable because it is lower. There is a lot more at play than centre of gravity when dealing with loaders and your sharp eyes have zeroed in on one of the factors. For the new 2305 replacement tractor JD designed an entirely new loader and one look at it shows that it fits in much tighter to the wheels then the 200cx did.