Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

MF 1655 electric clutch......need a new one, where ya get them???

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#16 massey driver ONLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 75
  • 1,072 Thanks
  • 1,443 posts

Posted June 23, 2010 - 07:23 AM

One other thing I forgot to mention about you putting the Honda motor into your 1655 is that your also going to have to make a adapter plate to bolt onto the engine block to beable to mount the electric clutch too. Same as with the drive system to the back off the flywheel,you'll need to have a adapter made inorder to use the OEM drive system shafts etc: Larry

#17 Luke ONLINE  

Luke

Tractorholic

• Member No: 204
  • 134 Thanks
  • 352 posts

Posted June 23, 2010 - 09:15 AM

Called jacks and neither part numbers are available anymore.....all discontinued from them. Waiting 2 hear back from my massey dealer.

#18 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted June 23, 2010 - 09:45 AM

I wonder why they show the one part number as available? It shows that you can add to cart. That would suck to go and add it to your cart and pay for it to find out they can't get it and wait for a refund.

#19 Luke ONLINE  

Luke

Tractorholic

• 134 Thanks
  • 352 posts

Posted June 23, 2010 - 09:10 PM

Massey dealer tried locating me one and all dealers have nothing.......checked with snapper and no longer available.......called jacks and they are no longer available now......wnt to my deere dealer and nothing matches up......317, 318, 400 .......none are the same!!! Have found out that its a warner clutch but its a odd ball SOB!! Gonna try looking up warners website and get a phone number and call company tomorrow.......what a pain in the neck!!

#20 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,572 Thanks
  • 29,821 posts

Posted June 23, 2010 - 09:26 PM

Being you plan to change engine, then it has to be fitted for a proper clutch. I've seen others, even more modern mowers with double sheaves, but usually smaller diameter. You could still use it by changing the diameter of pulley on the PTO stub shaft.

#21 Luke ONLINE  

Luke

Tractorholic

• 134 Thanks
  • 352 posts

Posted June 23, 2010 - 11:18 PM

Yeah olcowhand, I did a little more investigating on the net tonight and have seen a couple different double sheave clutches that have a good possibility of working.....all are warner clutches. I'm gonna stick my old one on for now so I can keep mowing but might check into the others! As long as it has a 1 1/8 shaft with 1/4" square keyway then I see no reason for any to work with a little redrilling and tapping of some holes to mount the field coil assembly. Slide it all on the crankshaft....mark the field coil plate holes and drill and tap them out and then assemble!....just gotta find the right one now!! Thanks for the help.

#22 Luke ONLINE  

Luke

Tractorholic

• 134 Thanks
  • 352 posts

Posted June 23, 2010 - 11:28 PM

Also wanted to add that I have the warner clutch assembly number......its 5208-752-010 tried punching that number in and no luck!

#23 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,572 Thanks
  • 29,821 posts

Posted June 24, 2010 - 09:11 AM

Most of the new clutches are floating & don't require bolting. You just use a stay-arm, or a cable to the back end of the clutch.

#24 Luke ONLINE  

Luke

Tractorholic

• 134 Thanks
  • 352 posts

Posted June 24, 2010 - 09:51 AM

Most of the new clutches are floating & don't require bolting. You just use a stay-arm, or a cable to the back end of the clutch.

True, the john deeres are like that....they have a centering pin on the engine mounting plate and then they rely on the crankshaft end bolt and washer to hold it all together......I personnally like this other style better....more solid design!

#25 Luke ONLINE  

Luke

Tractorholic

• 134 Thanks
  • 352 posts

Posted June 26, 2010 - 12:21 AM

6/26/10 Just a update on the clutch situation! I contacted Warner Clutch Company and have been talking to the tech support guys, emailed them pics of the field coil and rotor/armature assembly and have found out that they still offer this clutch system but to date they are all sold out of them and no supplier has any left anywhere. They have an order with AGCO to build some 20 assemblys and should have been deliverd to AGCO by now but due to the economy they are behind schedule with production...so they say!! Good news is they are going to build more but when....who knows! I have the new numbers to order the assemblys....the field coil is a different number then the rotor/armature number so here you go.....

Field Coil kit # 5208-101-076 and Rotor/Armature kit # 5208-101-008 To order these kits you must contact J Thomas at 1-800-828-7980 as they are the only ones that have access to ordering this assembly. Any more questions just ask!
  • olcowhand and ENafziger have said thanks

#26 ENafziger OFFLINE  

ENafziger
  • Member No: 45112
  • 254 Thanks
  • 254 posts

Posted March 21, 2014 - 03:49 PM

Did you ever end up ordering one of these, or get a price?