Garden Tractor Forums banner

Ford 195 Motor Puller

4K views 62 replies 7 participants last post by  Russ 
#1 ·
Hey guys,, Just a sneak peek at what I calling a motor puller for me to take boat motors off of boats an move em around so I won't have to lift them by hands no more,,lol,, I just getting it started an thought I would make a post from start to ean like I doing with the forklift,,, Hope its ok to do the postes this way, Still got good ways to go to get er hooked up yet,,

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Looks good, Russ! I'll follow along!

Reactions: Russ
#4 ·
Can anybody guess what my lil work bench is made out of,,,
I have had it for about 10 years now,, an it was all yellow,, an I just pop some legs on it with what I had,,, Its just for doing lil stuff an easy to move around for where ever I need it,,

#5 ·
I'd say that bench is a LT/GT frame. Being yellow, I'm guessing JD. Though it could have been a Cub.

#6 ·
Not sure about the bench but it looks like it was some sort of implement. Looking forward to your progress on the motor puller. Should be an interesting and unique project.

#7 ·
Well, I got things cut up now an layed out for now,,, So still got a good ways to go yet an got to get it all weilded up an clean up then pant er up an make er look pretty,,,lol,,, I trying to find out how I can add more pic to this tread but don't see how,,

#9 ·
Russ, once the pics have uploaded, you can click "Add to Post" and they won't be thumbnails. You can also use this to sort which pic comes first. I have found the last pic I click on is the first to be loaded, so I start with the last pic first and work my way up, using the ctrl button to make several choices.
Puller is looking good. Hope it does all you want it to!

#13 ·
That should make it strong enough. Looking good, Russ!

#14 ·
Well,, I got all the wielding done now an got it painted to night,, Got to find my pulleys so I can mount them so I can hook up my crank an cable,, I do have it on the tractor now an boy o boy it sure does the job for me,,, I will get some pic tomorro to show all an will try to put a vid on here so everybody will see it work in action,,,lol, So far this project is working great an bout done,,

#15 ·
That's great, Russ! One of these days, I need to figure out the video thing myself, since my phone will do video. Good luck!

#17 ·
Now, if it floods, just fire up that outboard and cruise around.

#24 ·
What size is the winch? That will be a nice addition to this!

#26 ·
That's what I have. Should be big enough!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.