37 replies to this topic

#16 shorty ONLINE  

shorty

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 6172
  • 3,569 Thanks
  • 3,951 posts

Posted April 21, 2012 - 05:09 AM

Could not have said it any better Troy. :thumbs: Thanks everyone.

Mark

My thoughts exactly, thanks to all who help run this place.
Shorty
  • NUTNDUN, olcowhand, caseguy and 1 other said thanks

#17 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted April 21, 2012 - 05:51 AM

Well said Troy! You have described the quality that makes this place great. I haven't been here long really, only a bit over a year. I like the diversity of this place and the fact that people of all different ages and backgrounds, and with different preferences on tractor colour can come together and help each other through problems with tractors and with life in general. We are all in this thing together and I think everyone has a part to play in making this the best place to be for folks who love this hobby. If we all keep that in mind it will assure our continued success in the future. Thanks to all of you, from the newest member to George and the rest of the Mod team.
Brian
  • NUTNDUN, olcowhand, caseguy and 2 others have said thanks

#18 achomesteader OFFLINE  

achomesteader

GT Fanatic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8128
  • 867 Thanks
  • 2,231 posts

Posted April 21, 2012 - 09:23 AM

Troy already expressed my feelings better than I could have, so I'll just add my thanks. I've only been here for about three and a half months, but feel I'm at home.

Another thanks goes to the Pied Piper of GTtalk, Daniel, for leading me here. He's probably done that to many others.
  • olcowhand, KennyP and johndeereelfman have said thanks

#19 HDWildBill ONLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,712 Thanks
  • 8,564 posts

Posted April 21, 2012 - 10:26 AM

As with many I have been here a short time but from the start I have felt welcome. From the very beginning, for me, I could see how the staff was striving to always make the site better for all of it's members, not just with tractors but also to help with other aspects of their lives. Now that I have had the opportunity to work with George I can see why this site is as good as it is. George is a excellent administrator / leader, he works with in the team structure and takes everyone's opinions, thought's and suggestions weighs them out and then makes a decision based on what would be best for the site.

Grand you did an excellent job raising your son.

I really am glad I found this site and I really have enjoyed getting know so many of you and look forward to getting to know even more.
  • NUTNDUN, olcowhand, KennyP and 2 others have said thanks

#20 Michiganmobileman OFFLINE  

Michiganmobileman

Old Tractor Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5678
  • 1,235 Thanks
  • 1,842 posts

Posted April 22, 2012 - 07:27 AM

Ditto to all of the above BIG THANKS to all involved whether members or staff, I think all work together well here with out the nitpicking present on other sites.
  • NUTNDUN, olcowhand, KennyP and 2 others have said thanks

#21 jdelfjunior OFFLINE  

jdelfjunior

• GTt Junior
  • Member No: 7656
  • 71 Thanks
  • 28 posts

Posted April 22, 2012 - 04:42 PM

I want to say Thank You also, for letting me join as a junior member. I really enjoy this site, and look forward to reading all of the topics when I have the chance to log on. Thank you for accepting me, and for letting me become a friend.
  • NUTNDUN, olcowhand, KennyP and 3 others have said thanks

#22 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted April 22, 2012 - 06:11 PM

I want to say Thank You also, for letting me join as a junior member. I really enjoy this site, and look forward to reading all of the topics when I have the chance to log on. Thank you for accepting me, and for letting me become a friend.

The pleasure is all ours Jr.!
  • johndeereelfman and jdelfjunior have said thanks

#23 chris m OFFLINE  

chris m

Tractorholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8148
  • 3,277 Thanks
  • 4,033 posts

Posted April 22, 2012 - 07:15 PM

It sure is great reading everyones comments on this thread! I really take pride in this site, Just ask anyone that knows me. I talk about this site all the time! Some people probably don't get it or think I'm nuts. (maybe I am) But you know what, I'm happy and I love it here! You all welcomed me right from day one. And words can't even describe how much I appreciate everyone here. I wish I was better at putting my thoughts on paper, but I hope you can understand what I'm trying to say. Thanks
  • NUTNDUN, olcowhand, JDBrian and 3 others have said thanks

#24 PaPasTractor OFFLINE  

PaPasTractor
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 9237
  • 197 Thanks
  • 158 posts

Posted April 23, 2012 - 11:58 AM

Troy, Thanks for putting in words how I feel about this site. I don't remember how I found it, word of mouth, seen it mentioned on another site or just stumbled across it. I followed this site for months before joining and I know now that I should have from the get-go. This site is loaded with years of knowledge that you can't find just anywhere. Also, It feels like a "Big" family and I have met some new friends and plan on meeting alot more. It just goes to show you that people in numbers and common interests can achieve great things. Many thanks to everyone in this group for making it what it is and what it will be in the future. David
  • NUTNDUN, olcowhand, JDBrian and 2 others have said thanks

#25 HDWildBill ONLINE  

HDWildBill

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 8,712 Thanks
  • 8,564 posts

Posted April 23, 2012 - 03:25 PM

I wish I was better at putting my thoughts on paper, but I hope you can understand what I'm trying to say. Thanks

I think you do a pretty good job.
  • chris m said thank you

#26 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

Ryan313

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7087
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted April 23, 2012 - 03:35 PM

Troy, there is absolutely no possible way I could have said it better. This site really is great, I joined last October, after I joined I forgot about this place until December. Even though I have been here for a very short time I feel like I know the members very well, their personality, favorite tractor make, what tractors they have, what state they live in and of course how far each one can be pushed. And I have never met any of the members, I only know what a few of the members even look like but, I feel as though I have met every member in person several times. George, and the rest of the staff, thank you for what you do for this site!
  • NUTNDUN and johndeereelfman have said thanks

#27 skyrydr2 OFFLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5032
  • 3,418 Thanks
  • 3,165 posts

Posted April 23, 2012 - 06:56 PM

Now that was a nice read! I feel every post was a valid brush stroke to a much broader picture of this wonderful place called GTT! GREAT JOB TO ALL .
  • NUTNDUN, johndeereelfman, HDWildBill and 1 other said thanks

#28 HDWildBill ONLINE  

HDWildBill

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 8,712 Thanks
  • 8,564 posts

Posted April 24, 2012 - 06:00 AM

I just thought I would add an observation I realized today. As a lot of you I belong to other forum's dealing with my other interest's. It seems with so many of these forums you get the same questions over and over again or you get threads dealing with what I consider kind of silly things. I don't find that here, all the threads I have read or participated in have been very enjoyable and interesting. I'm not sure why the difference, maybe a higher mentality here (Oh did I say that!) but I have notice a big difference here then other places.
  • johndeereelfman said thank you

#29 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,514 Thanks
  • 39,734 posts

Posted April 24, 2012 - 07:39 AM

Bill, I guess you weren't around for this one then:
http://gardentractor...__fromsearch__1

#30 HDWildBill ONLINE  

HDWildBill

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 8,712 Thanks
  • 8,564 posts

Posted April 24, 2012 - 09:31 AM

Kenny, Actually I thought that was a pretty good thread. I really enjoy the fabrication threads, I just wish I was 1/2 as good as you guys are. But I do get some really good ideas! :smilewink:

I'm taking about one Bicycle site I use to visit where members would login under a fictitious name Like goober head and then make some really stupid comment completely out of context of the subject being discussed or on another site where some guy was asking if it would be OK for him to wear short under his chaps. I guess these are good for a laugh but they do get old.