johndeereelfman

Elfin Majic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3761
  • 5,480 Thanks
  • 2,535 posts

Posted April 20, 2012 - 08:35 PM

Members/Brothers,

I just wanted to take a few minutes to say Thank You all, for making this website the best on the internet. I have joined other sites, but they just don't give me the satisfaction, or sense of closeness like this site does. Other sites may offer knowledge, wisdom, and good advice, but this site offers so much more. The feeling of togetherness, brotherhood, respect, and just overall friendship, means more than anything else in the world. We have something special here, and I hope nobody ever takes this site for granted. Yes we are geared towards garden tractors of all makes and sizes, but when times call for us to put all of that aside, to help out members in need, we don't hesitate to respond. That is such a great feeling.

I know some of us haven't been members as long as most of you guys, and we're probably considered as one who is not dry behind the ears yets, but I hope within time, we will be able to be admired, and be respected as you who started this site. Someday you guys will have to pass the torch to the younger generation, and I just hope we will be able to fill your shoes. I honor each of you site Veterans, for the outstanding job you have done with this site, and commend you on the progress yet to be had. I don't know what your initial intent was for the site in the beginning, but from where I sit, I'd say you have accomplished more than what most people have only dreamed about. I wish to have as much knowledge as you guys, who are teaching us, and may we, the next generation, be able to keep your legacy strong!

Well done group, well done!

Troy
  • NUTNDUN, grand, olcowhand and 11 others have said thanks

#2 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,639 Thanks
  • 29,838 posts

Posted April 20, 2012 - 08:40 PM

Troy man.........am I that old? LOL I'm only 53! George is just in his lower 40's, and HE is the reason GTT is here. I just tag along for the ride. I agree that GTT is a special place, but it is members just like YOU who make it so! Give yourself a pat on the back my friend!
  • NUTNDUN, caseguy, KennyP and 3 others have said thanks

#3 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted April 20, 2012 - 08:51 PM

Thanks for the accolades Troy! I'm not sure that they're deserved though. As Daniel said, It was Goerge's vision that created the site and it has always been members like you that make it a great place to hang your hat! It's truly all of the members who make this (or any) site what it is. Our job as staff is just to serve the owner and the membership in whatever capacity is needed. I hope that we are living up to everyone's expectations. We appreciate YOU!
  • NUTNDUN, KennyP and johndeereelfman have said thanks

#4 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted April 20, 2012 - 08:53 PM

I been here a long time, 3500 posts at least lol, and a few months over a year. Of course I am only about 22 right now lol. So I might be the younger generation, but I think there is STILL room for the older moderators... to grow older. :bigrofl:

Anyways, thanks to everyone here for making the site the best it can be.

Edited by wvbuzzmaster, April 20, 2012 - 09:04 PM.

• NUTNDUN, caseguy, KennyP and 1 other said thanks

#5 johndeereelfman OFFLINE  

johndeereelfman

Elfin Majic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3761
  • 5,480 Thanks
  • 2,535 posts

Posted April 20, 2012 - 08:56 PM

Daniel and Others,

Please accept my apologies, I wasn't meaning to state that you guys are old. I'm sorry if I came across that way. I was just wanting to give credit where credit is do. I think George would agree, that he couldn't have done it all without each of you guys helping. I know George is the master mind behind all of this, but in order to make the site a success, you need a team that will stand behind you, and support you the entire way. You all are truely blessed to have the relationship you all hold for each other, and as members, we are truely blessed to be part of such a great organization.
  • NUTNDUN, caseguy, KennyP and 2 others have said thanks

#6 tinner OFFLINE  

tinner

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 961
  • 502 Thanks
  • 1,561 posts

Posted April 20, 2012 - 08:59 PM

Well said Troy, ditto.
  • NUTNDUN, caseguy and johndeereelfman have said thanks

#7 DH1 OFFLINE  

DH1

Electric Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62
  • 4,587 Thanks
  • 5,295 posts

Posted April 20, 2012 - 09:13 PM

Well IMO, what this place is about and has being since I've being here is

Today I help you.
Tomorrow you help me.
Everybody wins.

George put this site together, the Members here make it happen, the Moderators keep it in line, and without all, this place wouldn't be what it is.
I like it here.
  • grand, caseguy, KennyP and 1 other said thanks

#8 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,639 Thanks
  • 29,838 posts

Posted April 20, 2012 - 09:17 PM

Troy...NO offense taken at all...really, none! I knew what you meant, so just jerked your chain a bit. No apology accepted, as none was needed!

#9 TerryD OFFLINE  

TerryD

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5916
  • 132 Thanks
  • 254 posts

Posted April 20, 2012 - 09:24 PM

I totally agree. I checked out a few other sites before landing here some months ago. Just yesterday I became a supporting member and couldn't be more proud of the work our site admins do and their supporting members and sponsors.

I log on daily just to see what the latest chatter is about.
  • NUTNDUN, olcowhand, caseguy and 2 others have said thanks

#10 grand OFFLINE  

grand

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8
  • 1,632 Thanks
  • 1,909 posts

Posted April 20, 2012 - 09:30 PM

I just want to thank all of our members for following the site. This has been a labor of love for my son since it was launched.Thank you to all of our loyal members.
  • NUTNDUN, olcowhand, wvbuzzmaster and 5 others have said thanks

#11 MAV OFFLINE  

MAV

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 487
  • 108 Thanks
  • 215 posts

Posted April 20, 2012 - 09:32 PM

Could not have said it any better Troy. :thumbs: Thanks everyone.

Mark

#12 Bud OFFLINE  

Bud

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 650
  • 341 Thanks
  • 404 posts

Posted April 20, 2012 - 09:49 PM

You mean there are other sites? I guess with all you great members here I haven't looked. I too thank everyone here for your helpfulness, fun info and sharing.

#13 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,457 Thanks
  • 39,686 posts

Posted April 20, 2012 - 10:01 PM

I really haven't been here that long, but I found home when I found this site. My thanks to George for the vision and the mods before me who helped make it happen. Truly a great place to learn, hang out, and be friends to lots of folks!
  • NUTNDUN, olcowhand, caseguy and 1 other said thanks

#14 chris m OFFLINE  

chris m

Tractorholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8148
  • 3,277 Thanks
  • 4,033 posts

Posted April 20, 2012 - 10:04 PM

I couldn't have said it any better than that! I've only been a member for a short time, and now I couldn't imagine not having this site to come too. I really feel like we are one big happy family on here. And I am so looking forward to meeting you all some day soon.

#15 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted April 20, 2012 - 10:40 PM

I really haven't been here that long, but I found home when I found this site. My thanks to George for the vision and the mods before me who helped make it happen. Truly a great place to learn, hang out, and be friends to lots of folks!

Kenny, you hit here about a month or so after I did, and I thought I was hooked with this site. I couldn't stay more than a half dozen posts ahead of you for a long time lol. I know I have met a lot of great people here, including George, and my first impression of George was... I got introduced to Grand first so I got very confused very fast LOL. Great heads on those Georges, they never miss a beat. If either (especially Nut cause he looks the most confused lol) has a confused look on their face after you say something, don't blink, pay close attention, they will say something worth noting lol. SO this is a warning to you guys, carry pad and pen when in their presence. :)
  • KennyP and johndeereelfman have said thanks