• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7087
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted July 20, 2012 - 04:22 PM

They all scare the living crap out of me!

Does that mean you have to chop the living crap out of them?
  • middleageddeere said thank you

#47 backwoods OFFLINE  

backwoods
  • Member No: 8613
  • 2,060 Thanks
  • 2,433 posts

Posted July 20, 2012 - 04:52 PM

i only saw one this year and i jumped 3ft in the air he was lucky i wasnt mowing when i saw him

#48 HowardsMF155 ONLINE  

HowardsMF155

Tractorholic

• Member No: 4243
  • 2,698 Thanks
  • 2,916 posts

Posted July 23, 2012 - 09:26 PM

Hey Ryan, I encountered another snake today. (I was going to say "ran across", but since that ended badly for the snake last time, I changed my wording.) I was helping a buddy install A/C package unit and we were closing off the duct work with a tin shield to keep rain off the duct and keep critters out too. Anyway, he was working on one side, I was on the other and had stepped away to my truck to get a tool. At the bottom of my vision, I see something that looked like an electrical cable slide out from under the tinwork we were securing and then back in. I looked over at my buddy, he was busy driving screws through sheetmetal, and thought " Well he isn't playing with the electric cable". Had to get a flashlight, but right there where we had been working was this 3 ft black snake. We chased him out, let him slither off around the front of the house. You could see this bulge in his middle where he'd eaten either a mouse or a frog. No pics, sorry.

#49 AverageJoe OFFLINE  

AverageJoe

• Contributor
  • Member No: 365
  • 104 Thanks
  • 142 posts

Posted July 26, 2012 - 12:11 PM

Bumped into my black rat snake the other day. Squatted down to watch him (or her) and it looked up at me, kept coming, slithered right across the toe of my shoe and went into the mulch pile for some worms. Freaked my wife out.

#50 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

Ryan313

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7087
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted July 26, 2012 - 12:26 PM

Cool stories guys! I am still on the lookout for other kinds of snakes. even though I have caught a lot of them, I have not caught a very big variety of species.

#51 middleageddeere OFFLINE  

middleageddeere

Tacos!

• Member No: 2033
  • 243 Thanks
  • 1,082 posts

Posted July 27, 2012 - 03:29 AM

Walking by the pole barn the other day and my just less than 2 year stops and points. He just stood there like, "What the crap is that?" Just a medium sized garter snake but it was a funny scene.