5 replies to this topic

#1 tinbender7 OFFLINE  

tinbender7

FORDoholic

• Member No: 5171
  • 1,113 Thanks
  • 784 posts

Posted April 19, 2012 - 05:43 PM

I have a 68 Ford 100 manual teansmission that has a transmssion problem and I have been looking for a replacement, I have fund 2 in other brand tractors that look the same on the outside and are 4 speed like mine except the drive pulley and brake drom are on oppiste sides from what mine are. are they interchangeable?I think I have a peerless 2300 is that right I can not find the id tag.

#2 ncb OFFLINE  

ncb
  • Member No: 3755
  • 51 Thanks
  • 215 posts

Posted April 19, 2012 - 05:53 PM

look in the manuals section,there is 1 on parts and another on service / repair.I think the 2300 is what is in my massey 14, Stout unit from what im told.
  • tinbender7 said thank you

#3 tinbender7 OFFLINE  

tinbender7

FORDoholic

• Member No: 5171
  • 1,113 Thanks
  • 784 posts

Posted April 19, 2012 - 06:35 PM

look in the manuals section,there is 1 on parts and another on service / repair.I think the 2300 is what is in my massey 14, Stout unit from what im told.

that is where I got the onfo that makes me think I have a 2300 in there, but I am not smart enough to look at a manual and see if the pullied acn be switcted from one side to the other.

#4 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,653 Thanks
  • 29,841 posts

Posted April 19, 2012 - 06:36 PM

I think I have a 2300 partially taken apart to look at......got back. Mine looks NOT to be able to swap sides at all.

#5 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted April 19, 2012 - 07:15 PM

I think there is a more specific number on the actual trans that might give you a better number to match since there seems to be a few variations on the 2300. That number can be hard to find though. Seems as though there should be a match to some other brand unless Ford did something unique with the shaft positions.

#6 HowardsMF155 OFFLINE  

HowardsMF155

Tractorholic

• Member No: 4243
  • 2,699 Thanks
  • 2,916 posts

Posted April 19, 2012 - 08:47 PM

http://gardentractor...drive-products/

This link takes you to the online manual we have here (Thanks!). I think it is the one I used to help identify my transmission in my Massey. If I remember correctly, there is a small tag on the left rear of the transmission, but again the manual tells you what to look for and where to find it.

I think one of the big differences in the peerless four speed transmission was the different axles used. I think there are as many as 15 different axle shafts used, so each would require a different hub.

Edited by HowardsMF155, April 19, 2012 - 08:49 PM.