• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Evets69 OFFLINE  

Evets69
  • Member No: 9549
  • 0 Thanks
  • 3 posts

Posted April 18, 2012 - 07:07 PM

I need help finding out if this older tractor is worth anything. My father wants to get rid of it because he is getting up there in age. It is a variable speed 15 horse B & S M# GIL 33144A. He has several attachments for it including a 48" mower deck, a 36" snow thrower, a 36" Dozer blade, a rotary tiller, an all weather cab and wheel weights at 75lbs each. He also has the original manual for the tractor and manuals for each attachent. I guess I just don't want him to let it go for nothing if it is worth some money. ThanksDSCF0001.JPG DSCF0007.JPG DSCF0012.JPG DSCF0015.JPG DSCF0019.JPG DSCF0022.JPG

#2 LTD OFFLINE  

LTD

Cub Cadet Collector

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5951
  • 1,028 Thanks
  • 1,455 posts

Posted April 18, 2012 - 07:36 PM

I'll give you $50 bucks for it. :rolling: My grandfather paid $300 for one just like yours with only a deck. All the attachments would probably make it worth $600-$700. Does it run?

#3 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted April 18, 2012 - 08:00 PM

Evets, First off, Welcome to GTtalk, glad you joined us here. I think it should be in the 5 to 800.00 range with all the attachments you have to go with it. It appears to be in descent shape and there are guys who collect Gil/MW GT's. Good Luck, and you ought to keep it for yourself.

#4 LTD OFFLINE  

LTD

Cub Cadet Collector

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5951
  • 1,028 Thanks
  • 1,455 posts

Posted April 18, 2012 - 08:21 PM

Oh, and by the way. :welcometogttalk:

#5 Evets69 OFFLINE  

Evets69
  • 0 Thanks
  • 3 posts

Posted April 18, 2012 - 08:52 PM

Thanks to both of you for the warm welcome, and for the information. It is really appreciated.

#6 daytime dave ONLINE  

daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531
  • 4,485 Thanks
  • 6,353 posts

Posted April 18, 2012 - 09:01 PM

Evets, welcome. Glad you joined and are asking questions and posting photographs. I second the motion that you keep it, if it is practical for you to do so. It is collectible and if it runs and works as it should, with all the attachments, you should have no problems selling it.

Good luck.

#7 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,518 Thanks
  • 39,736 posts

Posted April 19, 2012 - 06:21 AM

Welcome to the forum! That looks like a very capable tractor. Very nice attachments with it, especially the cab.

#8 timtractor OFFLINE  

timtractor

• Contributor
  • Member No: 4824
  • 224 Thanks
  • 376 posts

Posted April 19, 2012 - 09:37 AM

Welcome to GT TALK!

I agree with the other guys, a tractor with all of the attachments and in that nice condition, should be kept in the family. A few years from now, if sold, you will be kicking yourself for getting rid of it.

#9 Evets69 OFFLINE  

Evets69
  • 0 Thanks
  • 3 posts

Posted April 20, 2012 - 02:29 PM

Well, thank you for all the information. But I do have one more question. I don't think that I could restore this tractor myself (being female and not mechanically inclined) although I am intrigued by it. I guess I don't understand the sentiment of wanting to keep it in the family. Is this a rarity that I am going to want to pass on to my son, or just the average tractor? (It doesn't need much restoring, it runs very well and all the attachment work well too, just mainly repainting I think :confuse: ) I guess here's the point : Why do you think I should keep it?

#10 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,332 Thanks
  • 28,642 posts

Posted April 20, 2012 - 04:37 PM

Why do you think I should keep it?

Just my humble opinion, but anything you replace it with will be built half as well (if lucky). Also, you mention your son, every kid loves to tinker and when they get older, sometimes restore.

If you do decide to sell, Advertise it as a package & stick to it. If stuff like that is broken up, there is more of a chance of parts loss. I.e the tiller drive gets in with the deck stuff... etc. once stuff like that is missing, the price drops pretty fast for an "Almost Complete" anything.
It's a nice package and you shouldn't have any real trouble moving it in the 5-6 range... much higher & you'll get a lot of lookers before you find the guy who really wants it.