caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted May 14, 2012 - 08:49 PM

Looks like you and your Dad had fun too Dan! Thanks for the pics! I think that's a good turn out! Seems that there was quite a bit of ground turned too. I see the pic of the SS14 with the 2 bottom plow. Did he have any trouble pulling that?

#17 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,210 Thanks
  • 28,584 posts

Posted May 14, 2012 - 09:10 PM

Looks like a great event. Thanks for all the pics.

Dan, your Dad looks pretty good on the 12. Is he planning on adopting it, now that you have the AMF?

#18 broken2 OFFLINE  

broken2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 85
  • 279 Thanks
  • 425 posts

Posted May 14, 2012 - 09:39 PM

I see the pic of the SS14 with the 2 bottom plow. Did he have any trouble pulling that?

Unfortunately, I didn't get to see the SS plow. There was dirt on it's tires and the moldboards were shiny all the way to the tops so he must have pulled it at least a little. I really wanted to see it plow. I think it belongs to a fella named Bob that always brings several nice gt's and gives them all a turn at plowing. I think I missed the SS14 because I was late. I would think it had to be hard to get enough traction in the sand to pull the 2 bottom, there were guy's having a hard time with one 10". Bob is "gifted" when it comes to setting up tractors & plows so if anybody could do it he could. Maybe Ron or Kelly can fill us in on how it worked.

Edited by broken2, May 14, 2012 - 09:47 PM.

#19 broken2 OFFLINE  

broken2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 85
  • 279 Thanks
  • 425 posts

Posted May 14, 2012 - 09:46 PM

Looks like a great event. Thanks for all the pics.

Dan, your Dad looks pretty good on the 12. Is he planning on adopting it, now that you have the AMF?

He can use it but it will always live with me. That tractor with the 26x12x12's and all that weight plows like a dream. He always likes to bring his 8n but I think he's starting to realize how much fun the gt's are. It's a lot easier to interact with other plowers on the gt's also.

#20 Ron White OFFLINE  

Ron White

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 267
  • 123 Thanks
  • 124 posts

Posted May 15, 2012 - 10:46 AM

Hi Dan,

You are correct, the owner of the SS12 is Bob Schenk and yes it does plow well with the two bottom plow that he has built. I think the trick is to get the correct offset between the two bottoms so you aren't trying to turn over a full 20" of ground at a time !!
  • broken2 said thank you

#21 grand OFFLINE  

grand

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8
  • 1,632 Thanks
  • 1,909 posts

Posted May 17, 2012 - 01:58 PM

I am glad that you all had a wonderful day. Sure looks like I missed a lot of fun, but my wife had another small surgery after the French Creek plow day in western PA and was walking even worse than before. Dan (broken2) had even offered me a tractor to plow with. Even though you made it there late Dan, I'm glad that you and your Dad were able to still get some good seat time. Thanks for all of the great pics.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: new york, plow day, plowing