Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

S-19 Help With Drive Belt And Manual If Anyone Has One.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 judds OFFLINE  

judds
  • Member No: 9538
  • 0 Thanks
  • 2 posts

Posted April 17, 2012 - 03:54 PM

I am working on a S-19 with a motor that does not move, I am having problems adjusting the belt so the everything stops so I can put it in gear. Does anyone have any suggestions or a manual I can look at? I have the engine all the way back, and the pulley to engage is loose but the transmission never stops spinning.

#2 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted April 17, 2012 - 04:17 PM

Welcome to the forum judds. I don't see any manuals for the S-19 in the manuals section. I'm not familiar with Speedex tractors. Hopefully someone else will be along with some help for you.

#3 CASENUT OFFLINE  

CASENUT

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1974
  • 501 Thanks
  • 865 posts

Posted April 17, 2012 - 09:33 PM

Well, not sure which S-19 you have but the belt is supposed to be loose when the motor is started, then when you depress the foot pedal, the engine moves forward and tightens the belt. As the belt tightens, it drives the transmission...What year is yours? pic?

In re-reading it sounds as if you may have a belt that is to short for your tractor? The belt with the engine all the way rearward should not allow the tranny to be engaged...

Sorry, yours must be different...photo would help, all my speedexes the engine moves...

Edited by NutCASE, April 18, 2012 - 11:38 AM.

• judds said thank you

#4 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,703 Thanks
  • 17,209 posts

Posted April 18, 2012 - 06:19 AM

The S-19 had 2 different styles of tightening the belt. The older models would have the engine slide back and forth and the newer models used a pulley that engaged the drive belt when you would depress the petal.
From the description it sounds like you have one of the newer models where the engine dosent move correct?

If you can take a couple pictures that wold help us.
  • judds said thank you

#5 judds OFFLINE  

judds
  • Member No: 9538
  • 0 Thanks
  • 2 posts

Posted April 18, 2012 - 01:11 PM

Thanks all, I might have found the problem. I put the old worn belt back on and it is working, The belt I got was a 5/8 38" it must be the wrong one. I will take it off and take it to the store and see what I can find.

#6 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,664 Thanks
  • 6,480 posts

Posted April 21, 2012 - 11:16 PM

There is a Speedex Information site that has manuals to download for every model speedex. Most anyway. I can't look right now for the address, but can get back with you on it. There is also one on Yahoogroups.com that doesn't get much traffic, but no manuals there. OK, found addresses. One with manuals you can see/print is www dot speedextractorinformation dot org Note that is Org not com or net. Lots of good stuff there and history too. Seems in S-series the 19 has a gear rear-end with trans like lots of other brands. The belt listed showed a B of 83" length for drive. The parts page shown is real full and complicated, not the largest either. There is some info on replacing the drive belt in first few pages of manual. I have gotten some off the site for other models. Think you have to join to do these things, but is all free, like most forums.
Another site is www dot speedexforum dot com and then one on Yahoo also.

Edited by glgrumpy, April 22, 2012 - 12:06 AM.