Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Ontario Canada Clubs... Information.. Sort Of..

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 venisonslayer128 OFFLINE  

venisonslayer128

• Member No: 5521
  • 0 Thanks
  • 20 posts

Posted April 16, 2012 - 10:26 PM

ALLRIIIGGHTYY....
There has been a ton of talk, rumors and such about a new club starting whether its Caledon or Central Ontario or a major amalgamation of everyone.

So heres what I have heard to give some people insight and if anyone knows more PLEASE add to this..

I read talking on here about a new club in January 2012. At the Toronto Farm Machinery Show in Feb. there was a GT puller in the COTPA display at the show (yes I took pctures) The Central Ontario Tractor Pullers Assn. has been around quite a long time but is the sactioning body for farm tractors and truck pulling as far down as Fergus and as far up as Orono/Kawartha/Lindsay.

Skip ahead to April here. There has been some stirrings on Facebook (Central Ontario Garden tractor Pullers) about a new club forming. Then the Acton Fall Fair Sched. came out and Shomberg Fair May 26th is a COTPA sanctioned event. and it says to refer to their rulebook but they have nothing to do with GTs
(But wait 128 I thought they sanctioned farm tractors?) It turns out on their website it says the SWOTPA amalgamated with COTPA (some minor class differences) In my estimation the COTPA is attempting to become the sanctioning body for this provinces or at least this provinces south central pulling club. Ideas? information? thoughts?

#2 venisonslayer128 OFFLINE  

venisonslayer128

• Member No: 5521
  • 0 Thanks
  • 20 posts

Posted May 01, 2012 - 06:00 PM

Update: COTPA IS forming a GT pulling club, points and all. I have a copy of the rules and theres a general meeting next sunday May 6th in Shomberg