Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

1/2 Scale Jd 4020 With Five Bottom Plow Project Started Today .

• Please log in to reply
587 replies to this topic

#571 Don Campbell OFFLINE  

Don Campbell

Tractorholic

• Member No: 7818
  • 1,373 Thanks
  • 1,092 posts

Posted December 16, 2012 - 08:43 AM

No rear remotes Bill, but I do have a long hydraulic cylinder that would work. We'll see how the hand jack works first. :D

#572 Don Campbell OFFLINE  

Don Campbell

Tractorholic

• Member No: 7818
  • 1,373 Thanks
  • 1,092 posts

Posted December 16, 2012 - 11:49 AM

My last post , thanks everyone for being so nice to me but it looks like I stepped on someones toes by painting a garden tractor the wrong color. I'm BAD This is about me and my last years enjoying what i want to do with garden tractors and painting them any color I wish. To eliminate anyone else getting bothered by it it is easier to leave. Thanks again , it was a lot of fun.

#573 Endo OFFLINE  

Endo

• Member No: 8340
  • 13 Thanks
  • 32 posts

Posted December 16, 2012 - 05:10 PM

Don, not sure what is going on but I do know that you will be missed. I really hope you reconsider. Whenever I log on and see an update on your thread it is the first one I read. Your ingenuity and attention to detail is amazing.

#574 twostep OFFLINE  

twostep

Rockstar

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10198
  • 1,850 Thanks
  • 2,476 posts

Posted December 17, 2012 - 02:41 PM

My last post... it looks like I stepped on someones toes by painting a garden tractor the wrong color...

maybe I missed something but the only comments I saw on the color looked to be friendly :poke: . regardless, if someone doesn't like it they don't have to look at it. :D

#575 tinner OFFLINE  

tinner

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 961
  • 502 Thanks
  • 1,561 posts

Posted December 17, 2012 - 03:36 PM

Don, don't give up on us. Sorry what someone said made you feel like leaving. Sometimes when someone pokes a little fun at you it may be taken the wrong way and I'm pretty sure that's what happened. Everyone here enjoys your posts and love to look at the excellent talent you have for building things. I poke fun at people from time to time and also receive a little joshing now and then. Stay with us, i enjoy looking at all that green paint even if my favorite color is red.

#576 vbob OFFLINE  

vbob

• Member No: 7162
  • 3 Thanks
  • 14 posts

Posted December 19, 2012 - 08:34 PM

I honestly meant my comment as a joke and if it was offensive I apologize, I love your collection and don't care a bit about color.
You do amazing work and I always look to see what new toys you have come up with and what you've done to make them even better, this topic is always my first stop when I log on. Please don't give up on us! :worshippy1:

#577 David Brown OFFLINE  

David Brown

I said I work on them. I never said I fix them!

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8570
  • 4,217 Thanks
  • 2,314 posts

Posted December 20, 2012 - 09:09 AM

If it's the post I am thinking about, I never gave it a thought as to being serious. I think the guy is 100% behind you in all you do. Don, people with your talent are very few and far between. People willing to share that talent in a format like this are even fewer. You sir are probably one of the best there is from what I have seen. I know guys who can do good fab work, but not at the volume that you do. That's what sets you apart from the rest. I think I can speak for all when I say we've been truly blessed by what you have been posting. We're fab junkies and we need to get our fix, sometimes on a daily basis. You fullfill those needs in grand fashion. I'm a purest when it comes to certain tractors (the more rare ones) but others, I really couldn't care any less if you painted them pink and put blue stripes on them. Be yourself when you do those projects as that's what makes them special. Please reconsider and continue to share your wonderful world with us. We need our fix!
  • KennyP and twostep have said thanks

#578 ducky ONLINE  

ducky

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 564
  • 1,623 Thanks
  • 3,860 posts

Posted December 20, 2012 - 09:25 AM

If it's the post I am thinking about, I never gave it a thought as to being serious. I think the guy is 100% behind you in all you do. Don, people with your talent are very few and far between. People willing to share that talent in a format like this are even fewer. You sir are probably one of the best there is from what I have seen. I know guys who can do good fab work, but not at the volume that you do. That's what sets you apart from the rest. I think I can speak for all when I say we've been truly blessed by what you have been posting. We're fab junkies and we need to get our fix, sometimes on a daily basis. You fullfill those needs in grand fashion. I'm a purest when it comes to certain tractors (the more rare ones) but others, I really couldn't care any less if you painted them pink and put blue stripes on them. Be yourself when you do those projects as that's what makes them special. Please reconsider and continue to share your wonderful world with us. We need our fix!

Very well said DB I agree 100 percent.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

• David Brown said thank you

#579 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,371 Thanks
  • 39,644 posts

Posted December 20, 2012 - 01:11 PM

Very well said DB I agree 100 percent.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

I agree also. Come on back, Don!

#580 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted December 20, 2012 - 03:11 PM

Don,don't leave us.Please come back.

#581 jusjeepn OFFLINE  

jusjeepn

• Member No: 2392
  • 84 Thanks
  • 120 posts

Posted December 21, 2012 - 10:29 AM

Not all people have the same sense of humor. Don has been offended and I don't think you'll ever see him back on here. I suggest you go to his web site to follow him.

#582 backwoods OFFLINE  

backwoods
  • Member No: 8613
  • 2,060 Thanks
  • 2,433 posts

Posted December 21, 2012 - 06:05 PM

i just stopped over to his site looks like he is have fun with all the snow hes getting

#583 dave8338 OFFLINE  

dave8338

• Member No: 6698
  • 196 Thanks
  • 374 posts

Posted December 28, 2012 - 10:48 AM

WOW... gone for a few days and come back to see THIS ! ! !

Don is a talent all his own.  It takes serious vision to do what he does and make it look PERFECT.  So sorry to hear of this news, it's just not right.  I have his website saved in my favorites, guess I'll have to visit him there.

• backwoods said thank you

#584 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

Ryan313

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7087
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted December 29, 2012 - 09:32 PM

Somehow I have missed this news until now. And news it is, Don is going to be dearly missed around here! If you guys go look at his profile, he was last active when he made the post saying he was going to leave. I know I have said several things about the colors he paints his tractors, but it really does not affect me. He does great work, I guess I will have to follow him on his website.

#585 Brileys990 OFFLINE  

Brileys990
  • Member No: 22483
  • 4 Thanks
  • 8 posts

Posted December 29, 2012 - 10:32 PM

I hope this guy comes back, I would like to see how this comes out.