Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

1/2 Scale Jd 4020 With Five Bottom Plow Project Started Today .

• Please log in to reply
587 replies to this topic

#376 backwoods OFFLINE  

backwoods
  • Member No: 8613
  • 2,060 Thanks
  • 2,434 posts

Posted September 19, 2012 - 12:13 PM

the model is looking good don cant wait to see the finished product

#377 skyrydr2 OFFLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5032
  • 3,409 Thanks
  • 3,159 posts

Posted September 19, 2012 - 02:07 PM

Looking good Don, but my curiosity has gotten the better of me? How much would that cost me for one of those units??

#378 Don Campbell OFFLINE  

Don Campbell

Tractorholic

• Member No: 7818
  • 1,373 Thanks
  • 1,092 posts

Posted September 20, 2012 - 07:19 AM

thanks ,
lets just say you could buy several garden tractors for what I would sell the model for, ha,ha.

#379 twostep OFFLINE  

twostep

Rockstar

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10198
  • 1,850 Thanks
  • 2,476 posts

Posted September 21, 2012 - 09:47 AM

thanks ,
lets just say you could buy several garden tractors for what I would sell the model for, ha,ha.

I've got to ask, why do you build them? I assume to sell but do people contract you to build?

#380 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

Ryan313

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7087
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted September 21, 2012 - 10:39 AM

Looks great! I like the bigger ones that you make!

#381 Don Campbell OFFLINE  

Don Campbell

Tractorholic

• 1,373 Thanks
  • 1,092 posts

Posted September 21, 2012 - 03:02 PM

Thanks, Some people like going to the bars, some people like going fishing or hunting , 4 wheeling , etc. It's just that I have always liked tinkering in my little workshop. Once in a while people would order models but for the most part I build models of machines I really like. The garden tractors will be on the same idea as i will make them look much different than stock and build attachments for them that are unique. But best of all they will be like models I can actually drive around and push some snow with. One more week I should be doing garden tractors everyday for the very first time ever. :dancingbanana: I have waited 15 long years to make half scale tractors and implements.

#382 Bmerf OFFLINE  

Bmerf

Patina Farmer / Rust Collector

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 9846
  • 1,708 Thanks
  • 1,445 posts

Posted September 21, 2012 - 10:03 PM

Don,
When you do finally “live the dream”, please give us regular folks lots of pictures, not only of the finished projects, but also of the work in progress. I, myself, enjoy the thought progression and the process that goes into building “toys”. Keep up the excellent work.

#383 Don Campbell OFFLINE  

Don Campbell

Tractorholic

• 1,373 Thanks
  • 1,092 posts

Posted September 25, 2012 - 09:05 PM

Thanks, I don't want to be a pest here showing my model building on a garden tractor site. The good news is today I rode to Traverse and bought the Komatsu paint. Should it painted this week and hopefully reassembled by Sunday night. I am so , so ready to get back to garden tractors and put aside the model building for several months. Thanks for putting up with the mini loader modifications and the model building . :thumbs:

#384 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,440 Thanks
  • 39,677 posts

Posted September 26, 2012 - 06:12 AM

I enjoy seeing your pics, be they tractors or models. Though you could start new threads to keep things separated. Models could go in 'Other Hobbies and Toys'. Your models are an inspiration to me!

#385 tractormike OFFLINE  

tractormike

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 119
  • 162 Thanks
  • 1,488 posts

Posted September 26, 2012 - 08:17 AM

Don, I have always admired the fine craftsmanship you put into your tractors and models. I think most others on this site feel the same way and really understand and appreciate the time and effort that you put into your models. Please keep posting the build pictures of your tractors, models and implements. Keep up the great work!

#386 Ryan313 OFFLINE  

Ryan313

PK Fanatic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7087
  • 3,239 Thanks
  • 5,159 posts

Posted September 26, 2012 - 08:56 AM

Don, I don't think anybody sees you as a pest! I love to see your models and the stuff you build and fabricate! Your craftsman ship is second to none!

Like Kenny said, maybe more threads would help keep things separated!

#387 Don Campbell OFFLINE  

Don Campbell

Tractorholic

• 1,373 Thanks
  • 1,092 posts

Posted September 27, 2012 - 06:57 AM

Thanks for the positive comments. I'm not good on the computer at all so it has been easier to find my post with just one . I tried posting several different places and couldn't find them again. I thought of not posting here at all anymore but thought you might be able to overlook my bad computer skills by me posting on the same place. I'll be sure to post a picture of the finished model in the next week. I started painting the first parts yesterday . It's rare i post on any other sight but I really like this sight.

#388 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,440 Thanks
  • 39,677 posts

Posted September 27, 2012 - 07:46 AM

Don, if you click on your username up top, a drop down will have a list in it. Click on My Content. At the left side of that, you can filter it to Topics. This will be any thread you have started. Makes it simple to find your threads.
  • JDGuy445 said thank you

#389 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,722 Thanks
  • 8,905 posts

Posted September 27, 2012 - 10:27 AM

Thanks for the positive comments.

I'm in agreement with others here. I don't care if it's a tractor, your 996, a crane, Big Bud, whatever. Plain and simple, you have a skill set that is rare, and watching and reading about your 'work' is a pure pleasure. Post away, I say.

I'm not good on the computer at all so it has been easier to find my post with just one . I tried posting several different places and couldn't find them again. I thought of not posting here at all anymore

That better not be true, we'll send Rocko and Sluggo over to yer house.

but thought you might be able to overlook my bad computer skills by me posting on the same place. I'll be sure to post a picture of the finished model in the next week. I started painting the first parts yesterday . It's rare i post on any other sight but I really like this sight.

And you're one of the many reasons why GT fanatics are flocking to this site. You do realize that every time you post a pic, I sit here with my jaw flappin' in the breeze, right?

In summary, I think your projects are neat-o.

Edited by Cat385B, September 27, 2012 - 10:29 AM.

#390 Bmerf OFFLINE  

Bmerf

Patina Farmer / Rust Collector

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 9846
  • 1,708 Thanks
  • 1,445 posts

Posted September 27, 2012 - 01:47 PM

And you're one of the many reasons why GT fanatics are flocking to this site. You do realize that every time you post a pic, I sit here with my jaw flappin' in the breeze, right?

In summary, I think your projects are neat-o.

:yeah_that: