6 replies to this topic

#1 1978murray OFFLINE  

1978murray

diesel mechanic

• Member No: 2523
  • 598 Thanks
  • 1,163 posts

Posted April 16, 2012 - 04:14 PM

i was woundering how many people here use there panzers for mowing grass. I use mine but found out that it is unstable on hills and wants to tip alot. Anyone notice that

#2 cookiemonster OFFLINE  

cookiemonster

Village Idiot

• Member No: 6338
  • 406 Thanks
  • 1,274 posts

Posted April 17, 2012 - 11:17 AM

It is only 36 inches wide so it would be only as stable as any tractor that size, yes.
I mowed with mine at the end of last year, but not yet this year. I just was taking the chance to show it to a couple of folks while it still had the new paint on it. Once you pull the pto on the mower, the newness is gone! It will mow, have no doubt. I even went as far to mount adjustable wheels on each corner of the mower to float the deck.

#3 1978murray OFFLINE  

1978murray

diesel mechanic

• Member No: 2523
  • 598 Thanks
  • 1,163 posts

Posted April 17, 2012 - 04:34 PM

I used a ton of 36in mowers b4 but this thing is the worst in stability

#4 cookiemonster OFFLINE  

cookiemonster

Village Idiot

• 406 Thanks
  • 1,274 posts

Posted April 17, 2012 - 06:08 PM

Must be narrower than the others then. One thing about the automotive rear end in these things is that the wheels will slip independently of one another and very easily. That's great for going around bends but not so good for traction on slopes. To compensate, it does have the independent braking. When your driving a slope on these things, it's almost an absolute necessity to apply a little bit of brake on the uphill side. Not sure if that's the kind of instability your referring to or not.

#5 Lmiller3358 ONLINE  

Lmiller3358

• Member No: 5109
  • 1,334 Thanks
  • 1,322 posts

Posted April 20, 2012 - 07:22 AM

I use my T 70 all the time for mowing, I do find it tippy if your running parralel on a banking, so i avoid that at all cost, so i stick to going up or down, I used to be daring 30 years ago and go up the steepest parts I could find, now I'm older and wiser I go up backwards, LOL...Enjoy, love mowing with mine ..

#6 DirtyContacts OFFLINE  

DirtyContacts
  • Member No: 41360
  • 15 Thanks
  • 79 posts

Posted April 25, 2012 - 08:32 PM

I think that the stock 6 inch wheels really make the tractors top heavy. Im going to be running 10.5's on my restoration for this reason.

#7 cookiemonster OFFLINE  

cookiemonster

Village Idiot

• 406 Thanks
  • 1,274 posts

Posted April 26, 2012 - 08:15 AM

I think that the stock 6 inch wheels really make the tractors top heavy. Im going to be running 10.5's on my restoration for this reason.

Absolutely, wider tires and wheel weights could help if it's going to continually be a problem. I saw a guy in greensburg who also advertised making the simple pvc spacers for 12 inch wheels. So if you want to go from tippy to the other extreme...