#16 antiquetractors OFFLINE  

antiquetractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6720
  • 279 Thanks
  • 506 posts

Posted April 22, 2012 - 02:55 PM

It sure looks great for it's age. Good luck tomorrow. Looking forward to the video.

Considering I paid $112 this past October and it looked like this when I found it I think it does pretty good. :lol:

bolens.jpg bolens3.jpg bolens5.jpg

It hadn't run in decades according to the original owners daughter. The right rear wheel was completely gone.

Edited by antiquetractors, April 22, 2012 - 02:55 PM.

• daytime dave said thank you

#17 antiquetractors OFFLINE  

antiquetractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 279 Thanks
  • 506 posts

Posted April 22, 2012 - 03:11 PM

I am going to start another topic for the restoration. Feel free to follow my progress. I will first post all the pics and videos I currently have.

#18 Jack ONLINE  

Jack
  • Member No: 9304
  • 1,127 Thanks
  • 771 posts

Posted April 22, 2012 - 03:28 PM

That is a really cool old tractor you have there. If I had known how neat it was you would have had to pay a lot more for it. I was the guy bidding against you on it. I was just starting to get into the old tractor hobby at the time and didnt know what it was worth. Anyway I am happy to see it went to someone who will care for it and enjoy it. :thumbs: Good luck with it and I hope to see it restored sometime.
Jack..
  • antiquetractors said thank you

#19 antiquetractors OFFLINE  

antiquetractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 279 Thanks
  • 506 posts

Posted April 22, 2012 - 03:54 PM

That is a really cool old tractor you have there. If I had known how neat it was you would have had to pay a lot more for it. I was the guy bidding against you on it. I was just starting to get into the old tractor hobby at the time and didnt know what it was worth. Anyway I am happy to see it went to someone who will care for it and enjoy it. :thumbs: Good luck with it and I hope to see it restored sometime.
Jack..

no kidding? On ebth?

I wasn"t sure how much it was worth since I was still new to the antique darden tractors. This was the first one I had seen or even heard of to be honest and I just new I had to have it lol. The restoration is under way so hopefully it goes smoothly lol I just started a new topic. Feel free to follow.

#20 antiquetractors OFFLINE  

antiquetractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 279 Thanks
  • 506 posts

Posted April 22, 2012 - 04:00 PM

Jack..

On a side note welcome to GTT :welcome:

#21 Jack ONLINE  

Jack
  • Member No: 9304
  • 1,127 Thanks
  • 771 posts

Posted April 22, 2012 - 05:58 PM

Yeah I saw it on EBTH and thought it would be cool to haul around in the back of my rusty old patina truck as sort of a "show piece".
I had no idea as to its worth and still dont really. I just saw it and thought it was cool. I thought no one would want it and it would sell for about scrap prices. I think I quit at 100 bucks and your next bid won it. Anyway to make a long story a little shorter that sparked my interest in the old tractor hobby and I have bought 4 others since then. I have since sold one of those and now have an old Bolens 1220 I think I am going to bring back to life as something to tinker with. I really have no use for one. I will keep an eye on your restore thread and good luck with it. And thanks for the welcome
Jack..
  • antiquetractors said thank you

#22 antiquetractors OFFLINE  

antiquetractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 279 Thanks
  • 506 posts

Posted April 22, 2012 - 06:12 PM

Yeah I saw it on EBTH and thought it would be cool to haul around in the back of my rusty old patina truck as sort of a "show piece".
I had no idea as to its worth and still dont really. I just saw it and thought it was cool. I thought no one would want it and it would sell for about scrap prices. I think I quit at 100 bucks and your next bid won it. Anyway to make a long story a little shorter that sparked my interest in the old tractor hobby and I have bought 4 others since then. I have since sold one of those and now have an old Bolens 1220 I think I am going to bring back to life as something to tinker with. I really have no use for one. I will keep an eye on your restore thread and good luck with it. And thanks for the welcome
Jack..

Good luck with your projects. This hobby is very addicting! lol.
I had always wondered who had been bidding against me, I thought for sure some collector would have bought it but I was happy to bring it home. It was a good auction.