#1 LTD OFFLINE  

LTD

Cub Cadet Collector

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5951
  • 1,028 Thanks
  • 1,455 posts

Posted April 14, 2012 - 05:40 PM

Here are some pics of the AMF 1010 I traded for a Cub Cadet 122. Don't know much about them; are they rare? It has a temcuseh hh100 in it. Runs good but it needs the carburator cleaned.The pretty concrete weights came at no extra charge. :rolling:

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_0704.JPG
  • IMG_0703.JPG
  • IMG_0702.JPG
  • IMG_0701.JPG

• tinner said thank you

#2 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted April 14, 2012 - 06:33 PM

Congratulations on the tractor. I'm not sure how rare thay are but they are certainly less common than the MF10 which is very much the same tractor. That one looks like a really nice example. Those wheel weights are priceless!
  • LTD said thank you

#3 josh deaven OFFLINE  

josh deaven

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 535
  • 477 Thanks
  • 574 posts

Posted April 14, 2012 - 06:52 PM

That is a good find.I don't think they are real common.You can share some parts off of mf 10.Later Josh
  • LTD said thank you

#4 tinner OFFLINE  

tinner

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 961
  • 502 Thanks
  • 1,561 posts

Posted April 14, 2012 - 10:58 PM

Well LTD, you've gone and done it.............now everybody will be asking you for specs. on the weights so they can build a like pair. :laughingteeth:
Nice looking tractor you've got there, it looks to be in real good shape. Congrats.
  • LTD said thank you

#5 daytime dave OFFLINE  

daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531
  • 4,485 Thanks
  • 6,353 posts

Posted April 15, 2012 - 09:12 AM

That AMF sure looks to be in great shape. it looks like it was well cared for. Nice weights too. Maybe have them chromed though.
  • LTD said thank you

#6 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,518 Thanks
  • 39,735 posts

Posted April 15, 2012 - 10:22 AM

Nice tractor. Guess that's one way to add weight, but I would be concerned about the lime in the concrete and those wheels. Over time, concrete additives will eat thru rebar.
  • LTD said thank you

#7 TUDOR OFFLINE  

TUDOR

Tractorholic

• Member No: 915
  • 543 Thanks
  • 497 posts

Posted April 15, 2012 - 01:00 PM

Nice tractor. Guess that's one way to add weight, but I would be concerned about the lime in the concrete and those wheels. Over time, concrete additives will eat thru rebar.

Calcium chloride will eat through rims a lot faster than the additives in concrete, and that takes 12 years.

I wouldn't worry about it.

#8 gbrown OFFLINE  

gbrown

• Member No: 8021
  • 20 Thanks
  • 90 posts

Posted April 15, 2012 - 01:41 PM

Calcium chloride will eat through rims a lot faster than the additives in concrete, and that takes 12 years.

I wouldn't worry about it.

I like the tractor and the wheel weights. Now, the PO could've done it a bit differently and had something more aesthetically pleasing, but they are definitely functional and it is a tractor, after all. Good find.
  • LTD said thank you

#9 LTD OFFLINE  

LTD

Cub Cadet Collector

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5951
  • 1,028 Thanks
  • 1,455 posts

Posted April 15, 2012 - 04:10 PM

Thanks for all the nice comments guys. I cleaned the carburator and adjusted it today,still won't run quite right at idle though; then I did some mowing with it. It worked very well. I don't know if the concrete weight's have done anything to the rims or not as I haven't had them off yet.

#10 Oldtractorguy45 OFFLINE  

Oldtractorguy45
  • Member No: 55983
  • 0 Thanks
  • 1 posts

Posted May 03, 2014 - 04:25 AM

Thanks for all the nice comments guys. I cleaned the carburator and adjusted it today,still won't run quite right at idle though; then I did some mowing with it. It worked very well. I don't know if the concrete weight's have done anything to the rims or not as I haven't had them off yet.

Here are some pics of the AMF 1010 I traded for a Cub Cadet 122. Don't know much about them; are they rare? It has a temcuseh hh100 in it. Runs good but it needs the carburator cleaned.The pretty concrete weights came at no extra charge. :rolling:

A beauty! And very rare from what I have discovered. Recently bought my own, finishing rebuild pics coming. Because MF bought AMF they are basically the same. However, MF can't say their sister division made motor cycles - Harley Davidson.

I'm in the process of making mine a temporary working unit. Having issue with belt jumping off when I try to mow in third gear. I mow 3.5 acres. Just finishing up a deck update with new bearings, pulleys, blades etc. can't find blades though. They are 14" with rectangular opening. I'm planning to buy 5/8 hole style and machine out to fit. Anyone have better idea?

Also on the hunt for a front blade and snowblower, should anyone have such attachments.