• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jlpowell OFFLINE  

jlpowell

• Member No: 8518
  • 3 Thanks
  • 37 posts

Posted April 14, 2012 - 05:34 PM

had a new holland with bad motor. also had a cub cadet 2135 with bad deck and frame . decided to try a heart transplant . i thought about waiting to do this because of ankle replacement surgeryis going to take me out for about 3 months . it was just to nice of a day to not start. i had to cut a good bit of frame i do not think it will be a problem it can always be boxed out for strenght .going to keep all the wiring for the new motor . the only switch i haven't decided how to make work is the one that cut of pto when you go into reverse. still in mock up process . so if you guys see something i don't please let me know .i know i might of upset some people about cutting frame but this world is built on trial and error .i think i needed a shoe horn to get it in there.just got to get the front half of one drive shaft welded to the back half of the other . what do you guys think?100_1012.JPG 100_1013.JPG 100_1008.JPG 100_1009.JPG

#2 shorty ONLINE  

shorty

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 6172
  • 3,520 Thanks
  • 3,913 posts

Posted April 14, 2012 - 09:07 PM

Those high frame rails sure are a pain when working around the engine. Sure limits the repower options if you dont want to cut the frame. Good luck with your repower and hope everything goes good with your surgery.

#3 AriensDon OFFLINE  

AriensDon
  • Member No: 9768
  • 2 Thanks
  • 6 posts

Posted May 22, 2012 - 08:25 PM

Oh shame on you cutting up that frame..lol. When I repowered mine a GT14 back in 95 I went to a dealer to see how they had the twin cyl. engine. I did mine with a kohler m18. I took some measurements went home marked it out and took my zig saw and started cutting. I used the 2 pieces I cut out to weld back to make the little wings like from the factory. I thought it turned out pretty good. Jig saw was a little tough to use but it made nice clean cuts. I keep preying the starter never goes out.
Good luck with your project heck you might have it done now just seen the posted dated..

#4 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,233 Thanks
  • 28,597 posts

Posted May 22, 2012 - 09:19 PM

Looks like a great start to the project. A little grinding, some reinforcement, and it'll be a great repower.

Good luck with the surgery, hope you heal up quick.