Here is the rearend - rebuilt, repainted and ready to install. I have to get the control arms to the sandblaster IF the weather ever cooperates.
My control arms [called radius rods on a Model T] had been setting in the ground after the wood wheel spokes rotted off the truck. They were rusted thin and cracked so I went looking for replacements.
I found some very nice control arms through a Model T forum from a guy right here in Missouri and he actually works part time at one of my customers I deliver to!! I got to meet a great guy and we talked T's for a couple of hours one afternoon. He sold me a couple of VERY nice control arms and at a very reasonable price. He showed me his collection and were it not for his carb. being on the fritz he would have taken me for a ride in his T car.
Model T's are like garden tractors - they collect the nicest people!
I called the bosshole and told him what I was doing and that I'd make it right on my timecard. Since I was "playing" exactly two hours I wrote 2 hour lunch on my timecard when I got back that day. All is good!
When the aux. tranny was installed that makes the driveshaft and radius rods shorter to still fit in the stock length frame. The radius rods/control arms I bought had already been shortened for an auxiliary tranny but were still too long so I had to cut them and shorten them 6 inches. Waiting on getting those arms blasted and painted is the only reason the rear axle is not mounted. The springs and shackles have already been blasted and painted. The front axle is waiting on the same treatment - sandblast and paint. New kingpin bushings are on the workbench and will be installed. Don't want them in until after the sandblasting!
I am very close to a rolling chassis.
Edited by Gtractor, January 24, 2014 - 11:33 AM.