68 replies to this topic

#46 fordmustang1984 OFFLINE  

fordmustang1984

Tractorholic

• Member No: 27
  • 23 Thanks
  • 428 posts

Posted February 10, 2010 - 09:00 PM

It's the spring loaded plates that keep the speed from changing when you let go of the lever. Their a pain to adjust, but you are glad when you do it and it stops running away every time you get off. Lol! Nice hint there about the resto.

#47 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,657 Thanks
  • 29,842 posts

Posted February 11, 2010 - 11:53 AM

It's fun to watch the snow blowers in action. Not much call for a blower here. I have the payloader to clear with when we do have that rare deep snow. Not really enough snow to warrant a blower here (usually), but I'd still snag one if one was cheap & close to me.

#48 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted February 11, 2010 - 12:18 PM

It's fun to watch the snow blowers in action. Not much call for a blower here. I have the payloader to clear with when we do have that rare deep snow. Not really enough snow to warrant a blower here (usually), but I'd still snag one if one was cheap & close to me.

That's the way it usually is here. Normally I would never have a snowblower or a blade. But I came across a good deal when I got these I couldn't pass em up and now I am glad I didn't even if they sit for the next two years. You can get walk behinds on craigslist any other time for $150 all day in all but new condition and now they are going for $500 plus. I am so ready for spring but I must admit that I wouldn't mind another good snow fall beforehand LOL.

#49 Bob P OFFLINE  

Bob P

• Contributor
  • Member No: 79
  • 0 Thanks
  • 5 posts

Posted February 17, 2010 - 08:54 PM

I am confused by this picture, the 620 implement manual, and your tip about how the snow thrower auger is driven. I have a 620 (at least according to the plate on the thrower) that looks different and is driven differently from the engine than what is shown in your picture. I have a three V engine that drives a 38" belt to a large pulley on the right side of the thrower

#50 DH1 ONLINE  

DH1

Electric Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62
  • 4,587 Thanks
  • 5,295 posts

Posted February 17, 2010 - 09:16 PM

Hi There are 2 different types of MF620 snowblowers I have both styles, both mine are missing parts can't use either one.

1 I call front mount where the blower hooks on to the front of the tractor, the drive belt goes from the engine crank pulley forward to the blower. Has 1 lift assist spring. Has 1/4" rod from foot pedal forward to the blower pulley.

2 I call under mount where the blower frame hooks under the front of the tractor, the blower drive belt hooks onto the same pulley under the tractor that the mower deck dose. Has 2 lift assist springs.

The foot pedal (right foot) works opposite,
push down to engage the front mount,
lift up to engage the under mount (same as mower)
One of these is early the other is later style but I don't know which is which.

I think all the blowers I've seen in this thread up to now are the under mount.

Edited by DH1, February 17, 2010 - 10:21 PM.

#51 DH1 ONLINE  

DH1

Electric Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,587 Thanks
  • 5,295 posts

Posted February 17, 2010 - 09:20 PM

This is a front mount. This is the same blower mounted on 2 different tractors.
This is the blower I sold with the MF10 1st pic. It is complete with all original brackets.

Attached Thumbnails

• mf10 014.jpg
  • SNOWBLOWER 004.jpg

Edited by DH1, February 17, 2010 - 10:16 PM.

#52 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted February 18, 2010 - 07:08 AM

I believe the one you have in the pictures is the older style. It looks like it would be easier to setup.

#53 Bob P OFFLINE  

Bob P

• Contributor
  • Member No: 79
  • 0 Thanks
  • 5 posts

Posted February 18, 2010 - 09:38 AM

MF620 Nameplate.jpg I have a 620 thrower (at least that is what it says on the ID tag) that is significantly different from the pictures in this thread and the 620 manual in the files section. The drive for the auger is taken directly from the engine pulley, not from the implement drive, and the drive belt is engaged by means of a long rod mounted on the implement clutch pedal. Belt tension in this arrangement is much simpler, as is chain tensioning. The clutch pedal rod is simply moved to a different hole for belt tension and the whole pulley affair is adjusted further from or closer to the blower housing for chain tension by means of two 1/2" nuts. Does anyone know if this is an earlier or later edition of the 620?

MF12 30 inches snow A.jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• MF620 Drive Pulley.jpg
  • MF12 in Driveway.jpg

#54 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted February 18, 2010 - 09:52 AM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]732[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]731[/ATTACH]I have a 620 thrower (at least that is what it says on the ID tag) that is significantly different from the pictures in this thread and the 620 manual in the files section. The drive for the auger is taken directly from the engine pulley, not from the implement drive, and the drive belt is engaged by means of a long rod mounted on the implement clutch pedal. Belt tension in this arrangement is much simpler, as is chain tensioning. The clutch pedal rod is simply moved to a different hole for belt tension and the whole pulley affair is adjusted further from or closer to the blower housing for chain tension by means of two 1/2" nuts. Does anyone know if this is an earlier or later edition of the 620?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]734[/ATTACH]

That's the same one that Doug aka DH1 posted a couple posts up, it does look a lot easier to maintain and keep tensions in check. I am putting my money on that it is the earlier model. I would love to find documentation or manuals that show that design.

#55 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted February 18, 2010 - 09:53 AM

I will get the serial number off of mine tonight when I get home. We will know for sure then which one was the earlier style.

#56 DH1 ONLINE  

DH1

Electric Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,587 Thanks
  • 5,295 posts

Posted February 18, 2010 - 05:13 PM

Hi Bob P

Looks like you have the same blower I have in my pic just as NUTNDUN said. Also looks like you have the crank pulley shield.

Here is a pic of my other front mount or early version and it's serial #, I can't use this one because I'm missing the main mounting bracket (3rd pic.)

Attached Thumbnails

• snowblower 016.jpg
  • snowblower 015.jpg
  • SNOWBLOWER 007.jpg

#57 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted February 18, 2010 - 05:55 PM

Hopefully this works, trying to post with my phone sice i took the pic with it.

Attached Thumbnails

• 20100218_001.jpg

#58 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted February 18, 2010 - 05:57 PM

Well going by the serial numbers I would say you guys have the later models and I have an older style.

I wonder if they didn't switch to the style you guys have because of how much of a pain it is to hook up one like mine?

#59 tweidman OFFLINE  

tweidman

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5
  • 250 Thanks
  • 797 posts

Posted February 18, 2010 - 06:06 PM

Well going by the serial numbers I would say you guys have the later models and I have an older style.

I wonder if they didn't switch to the style you guys have because of how much of a pain it is to hook up one like mine?

According to my parts book, there are two older style with the big pulley, they have serial numbers from 0001-5100 and 5101 to 7000. The newer style like mine have serial numbers starting at 7001. My blower is marked 10450.

#60 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted February 18, 2010 - 06:10 PM

So my initial thoughts were right with the ones they posted being the older style?

I just went by the first part of the serial number and apparently that was wrong LOL