• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted February 10, 2010 - 08:26 AM

If I had a way to haul her down I would come down to play. I took off work today too. The little one's daycare is closed and with the major part of it supposed to come down in the middle of the day I didn't want to be stuck at work.

#32 tweidman OFFLINE  

tweidman

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5
  • 250 Thanks
  • 797 posts

Posted February 10, 2010 - 08:59 AM

I know what you mean. I almost did not make it home from work yesterday evening. My truck was spinning all the way up a couple of hills. It was very stressful commute.

#33 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted February 10, 2010 - 10:18 AM

Is your truck 4x4? It is really starting to get nasty out. I am undecided when I want to go out and start blowing as right now it might be a waste.

#34 tweidman OFFLINE  

tweidman

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 250 Thanks
  • 797 posts

Posted February 10, 2010 - 01:23 PM

Nope, not a 4x4. It's full sized four door Dodge Ram with a pretty aggressive set of tires. All the other years it has done fine, but with this record year for snow, it's been tough.

#35 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted February 10, 2010 - 06:40 PM

Yep I know what ya mean.

Well the blower worked like a champ up till I took out the belt for the pto. I got our driveway done and our sidewalk up to the house and then I went down to do the sidewalk at the street. The one side the neighbor partially moved some snow with his backhoe but did a crappy job with it and packed the snow down to where the blower wouldn't get down to clean surface. So I went and did the other side and all was going good up until I got to the neighbors half where they never cleaned the sidewalk off so it was about 3-4' of snow and I tried taking small bites at it but without having weight in the back made it hard to do. I guess I was trying to feed it too heavy but the little belt coming off the motor to the jacks haft frayed and ripped off. I got some pictures and a video to post of it.

#36 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted February 10, 2010 - 06:53 PM

Here is a video of it blowing snow, I posted it in the member videos section too. Gotta go get some pto belts tomorrow. I never should have tried clearing the neighbors walk, they didn't touch it from the last 2' we got and then add the other 18" we got today, never should have tried. Live and learn. It was fun while it lasted :D

#37 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted February 10, 2010 - 07:06 PM

Here are a bunch of pics the wife took while I was blowing the driveway:

DSC_1327.jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC_1324.jpg
  • DSC_1319.jpg
  • DSC_1332.jpg
  • DSC_1321.jpg
  • DSC_1334.jpg
  • DSC_1328.jpg
  • DSC_1317.jpg
  • DSC_1325.jpg
  • DSC_1329.jpg
  • DSC_1320.jpg
  • DSC_1330.jpg
  • DSC_1333.jpg
  • DSC_1322.jpg

#38 fordmustang1984 OFFLINE  

fordmustang1984

Tractorholic

• Member No: 27
  • 23 Thanks
  • 428 posts

Posted February 10, 2010 - 07:35 PM

Nice work George! I always wondered how well the blower would work. I'll have to get mine fixed over the summer so I can use it next year. Todd, if your Bronco is on the road, then it should have no problem with the snow.

#39 tweidman OFFLINE  

tweidman

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 250 Thanks
  • 797 posts

Posted February 10, 2010 - 08:07 PM

Todd, if your Bronco is on the road, then it should have no problem with the snow.

Man, do I wish it was. It's still at my Dad's house 3 hours away with no tags. Now I am really wondering why I did not bring it home and get it going. Hindsight is 20/20.

#40 tweidman OFFLINE  

tweidman

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 250 Thanks
  • 797 posts

Posted February 10, 2010 - 08:09 PM

Here is a video of it blowing snow, I posted it in the member videos section too. Gotta go get some pto belts tomorrow. I never should have tried clearing the neighbors walk, they didn't touch it from the last 2' we got and then add the other 18" we got today, never should have tried. Live and learn. It was fun while it lasted :D

Nice vid George. You should have seen the plume of snow I had going. I had total white out conditions a couple of times. I had to stop the tractor and wait for things to clear.

#41 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted February 10, 2010 - 08:16 PM

Nice vid George. You should have seen the plume of snow I had going. I had total white out conditions a couple of times. I had to stop the tractor and wait for things to clear.

LOL I can believe it. It was bugging the crap out of me when it would come back in your face. I got lucky though and the wind pretty much stayed blowing to my right when I was coming up the drive and I just worked from left to right on it.

My wife was going to come out and take a video while I was doing the driveway and now I wish I would have because the vid doing the sidewalk really isn't fair to the old girl as she worked like a champ on all the other snow.

#42 fordmustang1984 OFFLINE  

fordmustang1984

Tractorholic

• 23 Thanks
  • 428 posts

Posted February 10, 2010 - 08:30 PM

Yeah, another video would be great. I have also noticed that hindsight is 20/20. Thats how i felt about selling my Simplicity 725 with plow before i had a snowplow for the Massey's.

#43 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted February 10, 2010 - 08:37 PM

I just wish my 12 was a hydro. Would make controlling your speed while blowing or plowing a lot easier. The snow blower works way better then my expectations. I thought it would just dribble out of the chute but to my surprise it is a MASCM <-- mean a$$ snow chucking machine --> LOL

#44 fordmustang1984 OFFLINE  

fordmustang1984

Tractorholic

• 23 Thanks
  • 428 posts

Posted February 10, 2010 - 08:39 PM

Lol, thats funny, MASCM! That sound like something my dad would say. Like when he says my sister's name backwards- Ykceb. Hydros are easier as long as the speed selector detent is adjusted right otherwise its just a pain, been there done that!

#45 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted February 10, 2010 - 08:50 PM

That funny. I am always saying stupid stuff to the wife like here is your luv ma-cheen. LOL

I don't know anything about the speed selector detent, I guess I will find out though because I am planning on a hydro very soon. Maybe even Todd's, gonna see if he will restore it for me before I buy it LOL nudge, nudge