• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#16 custom8mm98 OFFLINE  

custom8mm98

• Member No: 30
  • 1 Thanks
  • 60 posts

Posted February 09, 2010 - 10:36 AM

i dont know if this helps or not, but i just started reproducing the mounting hardware and all rods and other misc. needed for the blower to hook up and function. minus the spring assist.

#17 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted February 09, 2010 - 10:40 AM

minus the spring assist.

Thats the part I need, but I think I will be able to get something to work. We normally don't get this much snow. It has been a wet year.

#18 tweidman OFFLINE  

tweidman

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5
  • 250 Thanks
  • 797 posts

Posted February 09, 2010 - 11:01 AM

Ya, I forgot to measure the opening in the lift rod of the blower. I am guessing it is either 3/8" or 1/2". I am planning on stopping at tsc on the way home and picking some bolts up to make my own. I also need to do something with the helper springs as I couldn't move it LOL

That is not a bolt. It's a L shaped pin. I think the factory one was threaded on the bottom (top of the L) with a nut for adjustment, but I have found that the nut is not needed.

#19 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted February 09, 2010 - 12:14 PM

I knew it was an l shape due to fitting inside the tube but I am not sure what diameter it needs to be. Thank you for the info on the nuts for it though. I figure as long as it gets it off the ground to make sharper turns that is all that matters.

#20 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted February 09, 2010 - 12:19 PM

I forgot to ask, am I correct that to lift it requires the opposite direction then normal with the lift arm since it is on a pivot and needs to be pushed down?

#21 tweidman OFFLINE  

tweidman

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 250 Thanks
  • 797 posts

Posted February 09, 2010 - 01:08 PM

I forgot to ask, am I correct that to lift it requires the opposite direction then normal with the lift arm since it is on a pivot and needs to be pushed down?

Yup, that is right. I drives me crazy, every time I go to lift it, I go the wrong way. Not sure on the diameter. I can measure it when I get home. Do you have an extra C shaped attachment part that is used with a deck or plow? That is what I used.

#22 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted February 09, 2010 - 01:15 PM

I had one a c shaped one that I cute the one bend off of to make the L but it is a little too small for the hole in the lift tube. I am guessing the L pin I have is 5/16 and there is a good bit of play but it might get me by. I just know with not having those helper chains not hooked up it is darn near impossible to hook up. If I don't hear from ya on the size bolt before I leave work I will just get one 3/8 and one 1/2". One of them is bound to be the right size. I am going to see if I can even do the chains the way they show them in the manual, I think tsc sells a chain like what is shown in the manual and I can make my own angle pieces and drill a hole for the chain to pass through and use a pin to hold it until I make a slot to allow it to set in.

#23 tweidman OFFLINE  

tweidman

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 250 Thanks
  • 797 posts

Posted February 09, 2010 - 01:35 PM

I had one a c shaped one that I cute the one bend off of to make the L but it is a little too small for the hole in the lift tube. I am guessing the L pin I have is 5/16 and there is a good bit of play but it might get me by.

That is strange. My old C cut to an L fit pefectly. It was just a little loose, which it needs to be in order for the blower to float with the terrain.
Also, did you check your skids? Mine were set way up high, it would seem that the previous owner had a dirt or gravel drive. I set the skids all the way down for my paved drive.

#24 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted February 09, 2010 - 01:42 PM

That is strange. My old C cut to an L fit pefectly. It was just a little loose, which it needs to be in order for the blower to float with the terrain.
Also, did you check your skids? Mine were set way up high, it would seem that the previous owner had a dirt or gravel drive. I set the skids all the way down for my paved drive.

I am going to check skid height tonight when I lube it. I think they might be close as when I did the little area in the grass it cleaned it right down to the grass but then the grass would give way a little so on the blacktop it might not get as close. The reason my L or C piece is so sloppy is because i never had the original even for the mower deck. I had to make one and that ended up being the size bolt I made it out of. I am gonna fix her up tonight though.

#25 tweidman OFFLINE  

tweidman

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 250 Thanks
  • 797 posts

Posted February 09, 2010 - 06:19 PM

Sorry it has taken me so long to reply. I just got home, we are getting dumped on again. The snow is really piling up. Anyway, I measured the L shaped part as 7/16" across with my calipers.

Edited by tweidman, February 09, 2010 - 10:26 PM.

#26 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted February 09, 2010 - 07:02 PM

Thank you Todd, I stopped and got a 3/8" and 1/2" bolt just in case and they also had the cable for the chute and chain for the helper springs. I also got a 4' piece of aluminum angle to make my own chain hooks to mount on the grill support. I got it all done and it works like a champ, the chute turns and it lifts fairly easy. I wanna do the same thing you did with the power lift. I have a feeling this 12 is going to turn into a pulling tractor and if you sell your other 12 hydro or I find another one that will become my show piece and do all machine.

#27 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted February 09, 2010 - 09:05 PM

I figured I would post an update. I got her completely finished and 100% functional. She lifts with as much ease as possible LOL, I can control the chute from the seat and I got her all lubed up <-- sounds kinda sexy don't it LOL.

Here are a couple pics of my fixes:

DSC_1318.jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC_1317.jpg
  • DSC_1319.jpg

#28 tweidman OFFLINE  

tweidman

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 250 Thanks
  • 797 posts

Posted February 09, 2010 - 10:34 PM

Looks good. You even have the belt shield, mine was missing. How is your eye?

#29 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted February 10, 2010 - 06:54 AM

The eye is good now. Feels like nothing ever happened. I hope this snow starts piling it on, it kind of disappointed me when I woke up this morning. Not as much as I thought it would be by now but I guess we have about 4-6" and they are calling for another 6"-12".

#30 tweidman OFFLINE  

tweidman

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 250 Thanks
  • 797 posts

Posted February 10, 2010 - 08:16 AM

You should come down here. We got about a foot overnight and they are calling for another 6-10" during the day. The only good thing is that my employer (county goverment) closed. They closed Monday as well.